WTF?!? Who says stuff like this?!? | FerrariChat

WTF?!? Who says stuff like this?!?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dragster, Aug 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    So I got engaged to my girlfriend today and was doing the round of calls to all the family and friends to let them know the good news. I talked to a friend of mine, who is a little strange and married to a woman that is equally strange (which pretty much sums up their whole marriage), and after hanging up he calls back about a minute later. Keep in mind that he lives in the midwest (I live in NC) and I've only met his wife two times, both very brief (neither have met my fiancee). When he called back he said that his wife had dialed the phone and handed it to him and told him he was under strict orders to find out how big the diamond was. I know it's kind of a girl thing to want to know, but to me asking someone how big the diamond is is like asking how much you paid for something or how much money you make. Anyway, I was kind of pre-occupied with calling everyone else, so after joking around for a bit and realizing that he wasn't hanging up, I told him. I figured that I really don't care if they know how big it is, it just seems kind of tacky to call specifically to ask and then hand the phone to your husband. So in the background I hear his wife YELLING "YES! YES! Mine's .4 bigger!!! HA! HA! HA!!!" And she's not joking, she's serious... Seriously, who says that?!? It's like it's a total competition, but she's never even met my fiancee (not that it should make a difference). Funny thing is, he's told me many times how big it is (I never asked, he just volunteers all kind of info), and they're the same size. She seems to be the kind of person that's into material things and how much you make, which is funny since my friend isn't exactly well to do. Basically I just need to rant because she annoys the piss out of me (she says and does **** like this constantly), but because he's my friend I'll basically keep it to myself.

Or post it on the internet. :) But hey, neither of them come here, so who cares? It just pissed me off because it was something I didn't want to hear on what is a pretty HUGE day in my life! Anyway, sorry for the long rant! :)

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Call him back, ask for her and ask her if you can rent some space to store furniture because she is the worlds largest **** and you're sure she has room down there to spare.

3. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wow! When you send him an invite for the wedding, I'd leave out the space for him to reply "+1". What a c*nt.

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    In answer to your question 'Who says stuff like this?'

People you dont want to be friends with anymore.

5. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    +1000!!! Must be "new money" types or just plain redneck idiots!

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Uhhh.... a woman????

7. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    No woman I'd want to be with...

8. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    #8 QT3141, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
    If this is a friend you want to keep (why?), meet with him and have a chat. Tell him how unfortunate he is that he's got a WAPCE (I'm sure you know what that is) for a wife. You can even say it through song. Play "puddywhipped" (SOD) or "Back off b!tch" (GNR) in the background. Maybe end on a mellow note with "I used to love her (but I had to kill her)" again by GNR.

It's important to end with a message of hope. Divorce is always painful, but it is impossibly painful after the innocent little kids have come along. If they're still childless, he should get the heck out when he can. And it's always better to do so when he still doesn't have very much gold for the b!tch to dig - that can change in a matter of days.

If he's truly your friend, he will be receptive to your conversation. If he lashes back at you for giving him sincere advice, you really don't need his friendship either.

9. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Count your blessings.... == you == aren't the one married to her!

10. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #10 PAP 348, Aug 17, 2008
    Congrats on the engagement Dragster. :):)
    Wishing you all the best there mate. ;);)

Funny you mention this.......was just talking about it again two days ago.

I reckon that is VERY rude for them to ask you that way over the phone. She also acted very childish IMO. :):)

My brother is VERY similar to this guy. He constantly talks about how big the engagement ring/rock is, that he bought for his fiance 3 years ago. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He is more excited about it, than she EVER was. The ring is 1 carrat. Hmmm........whatever. Cost him AU $9000.

Anyways, I honestly dont like the look of it. It looks "too plain" to me. A 1 carrat rock in a gold band, yay. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    So, I dont think I will waste my time getting something similar for my g/f when the time comes to propose. She also said she is not a real fan of it either. :):)

Anywho.........trouble is, my brother is the type of fool that will NOT let me live it down, if I do not buy a bigger diamond for my fiance. He will ALWAYS bring it up to show off that "his is bigger than mine". Its not that I care, as I have more wealth/money than him and can afford a bigger/nice ring than he ever could. But thats not the point.

So I am in a bind. I reckon I should just get a 1.5 carrat to shut him up, because I know he will tell everyone about it. :eek::eek:
    But on the other hand, I/we dont care. She would be happy with a basic engagement ring she told me........

If I had Pap's way, I would get a 20 cent ring from those bubble gum machines at the local supermarkets. :p:p

11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Buy her a ring tattoo and a Ferrari :D

12. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    +1. Get rid of these guys. Buy a bigger diamond if that's what you need to do it.

HAHAHA, they come to the wedding and your friends wife goes to show off her ring and say how it's bigger than the brides then you whip out one 2x the size and say " Sorry I am petty too so I got a bigger ring" that should insure you don't have to deal with them again.:D

13. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

That sounds like a plan! :p:p

14. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

15. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Ring him back and ask him how big his wife's breasts are.....when he replies have your girlfriend shout out "mine are bigger than that"

16. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    #16 PT 328, Aug 17, 2008
    Talk about a moron. In this case size does not matter. It is the last of the 4 C's when grading a diamond. Call her back and asker her about her rings quality, the cut, grade of color and grade of clarity. I always laugh when idiots only determine the value of a diamond based on its size. A quarter carat weight diamond can be valued much higher than a 3 carat diamond dependent upon the quality. Laugh it off.

Edit: By the way, congratulations on your engagement.

17. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

+1. A bigger rack is much more fun to play with :) !!!

18. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Perfect!

19. murph550

murph550 Rookie

Dec 10, 2007
    Baltimore
    Never quite understood people like that. His wife sounds like a gold digger, and the husband sounds like a ****** bag.

20. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    My automatic response would have been, "Yeah, but she's still ugly."

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It doesn't matter if hers is .4 bigger if your fiance has a better diamond. :) Call him back and ask what color and claity her diamond is

22. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    When people discuss diamonds, I always remember the line from "Free Enterprise": if it doesn't come with anti-lock brakes and a driver's side airbag, it's *not* worth that much money!! ;)

(Probably one of those women who think Chekov's "Three Sisters" is a Star Trek novel. :p)

23. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    #23 Dragster, Aug 17, 2008
    Thanks for all the congratulations and thanks for the replies--they made me laugh! Everyone's posts were pretty much spot-on! I don't think she has any idea how diamonds are valued. :)

24. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    Or more importantly, breasts :D

25. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

#25 REMIX, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017