hazy | FerrariChat

hazy

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Aug 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    ad, some help pls

thinking of getting some skid plates for cs- have you had any issues catching leading edge on anything? bit worried about that happening ..
    ta m8 :)

2. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Hi Tony , I have them ( fitted self ) and no catching on leading edge. They do scrape sometimes but that is what they are there to do. ( Hills !! )

James

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    thnx m8 :)

4. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Go for the nylon as opposed to ally.;)

5. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Niel....Oh Niel.......:D

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    cheers rob

alsa actually :p

7. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    been on hol mate, sorry for the delay, as Rob said go for the plastic ones, invaluable, they do the job beautifully, yes you will scrape, prob moreso coz of the thickness of the guard, but they save the underside of the bumper big style. :)

8. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Tony i have them on both my Strads and agree with what the rest say they are a must have item.

Black Strad has some from the US and they seem much bigger and better than the UK ones on my red Strad, if you want i can find the invoice for where they came from in the US and you could use my US address to have them shipped to?

9. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    i don't have any!! however, please feel free to check underneath my front as you cannot miss the chunks removed whilst in Antibes town centre and the Nurburgring!!

10. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    I caught something last night with the right side skid plate on my 360. I have a super secret break away mount I created though so no damage so far. Mounted permanently I would have shattered the bumper last night.

11. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I'm intruiged???? Pics please :)

12. alsaautomotive

alsaautomotive Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2005
    Wales, UK.
    Full Name:
    Al
    I think the nylon option (I didn't realise there was a nylon option!) is the way to go; given what happened to a customer of mine 3 days after he'd had his car back from being bare metalled...............loose brick on a speed bump - need I say more?
    Al.

13. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    It's just glued on with RTV silicone. If I hit anything hard it knocks the skid off. Mine are nylon.

14. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    not a bad idea, but surely over time a few speedbump/slider meetings would loosen it and you would lose the damn thing altogether eventually????

15. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    HAsn't happened yet. Usually it comes off about half and I squirt some more RTV under it the stack something under it to wedge it in place while the RTV dries.