Where did you fly to last? | FerrariChat

Where did you fly to last?

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Fastviper, Aug 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    Yesterday I flew to abiline, and back. Ate lunch signed some paperwork that was it.

2. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    Knoxville, TN. Before that Knoxville, TN. Before that Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

We have a place on Lake Tellico (southwest of Knoxville) - so we're in and out of TYS alot.

3. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Flew from Oakland to Sacramento Exec last night, did a bunch of touch and goes. When we got back to Oakland, did a touch and go on 29 in front of a 737. What a thrill, it was a rush!!!

4. el Carnicero

el Carnicero Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2005
    West of Laramie
    Better in front than behind ---> much bigger rush.

5. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    well, depends. if your talking major airline, YYC to YYZ. Calgary to Toronto. Person is a busy busy airport, but that must have been three or four years ago. For flight training, its basically Springbank, to springbank

6. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    Just flew from Van Nuys, CA to Catalina island for lunch... What a great Labor Day :)

7. scott.waldon

scott.waldon Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I flew around in circles at bankstwon airport australia, lol, :D

8. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    All on the big iron!

Heading off to London again soon on the B777 - what a great plane!

9. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Picked the plane up from mechanic in Lakeport, flew it back to San Rafael. LA next week, though, Burbank.

Art

10. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Flew around the great city of Suffolk Virginia yesterday!

Before that, it was Burbank, actually!

11. imported_mjc123

Dec 25, 2005
    Flew to fort worth from dallas to look at a new bmw M5 (didn't like it) then on to Stephenville for some BBQ, then back to Dallas (addison). The week before flew to Shreveport for catfish po-boy then down to houston to visit friend then back to Dallas (all in one afternoon) Flying is the best!

12. ArrowDriver

ArrowDriver Rookie

Apr 17, 2006
    On 3/31/06 I went from VNY to RYY in Georgia, stops at (SJN) Az., and (LAW) Ok. Took 11 enegine hrs, and 2 fuel stops. The wind was my friend. While in Ga., made 2 seperate side trips to Tn, (SRB & CSV) and then on 4/08/06 I ret to VNY, with stops at (LMS) Ms, (SWI) Tx, (PVW) Tx, and (SOW) Az. Took 14 hrs to return. Its hard finding gas under $3. anymore.

13. expresscat39

expresscat39 Karting

Nov 6, 2005
    Bonita Beach,FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    A beautiful day and an uneventful trip. Tiffin is a quiet little burg where the plane is having an oil change and a few other things checked out.

I was about 13 miles out of Tiffin on the return leg descending through 4000 ft and canceled the IFR with the airport clearly in sight. I leveled off at 2500 about 6 miles out and suddenly looked at the TCAS and saw two bleeps 500 feet above and about 4 miles out on a cross direction. As I peered out looking for the traffic I immediately saw 2 long trails of black smoke that lead to two C130's chugging through the sky at low altitude. These things were obvious to the most casual observer. It's moments like that that you realize that unless you are diligent when you are VFR you should hold onto your IFR as long as possible.

14. tpilot90k

tpilot90k Rookie

Apr 24, 2006
    I flew from hamptor roads executive in virginia, to elizibeth city. I did a few touch and go's and the coast gaurd station. There was a coast guard helicopter doing auto-rotations. Kind of neat to watch when your on a 3/4 mile final behind him.

15. imported_Del

imported_Del Rookie

Apr 23, 2006
    I Flew to Grosse Ile, MI yesterday, got to transition through the Detroit class B airspace and did the GPS RWY4, what a beautiful approach with the city skyline in the distance, boats and freighters in the river. Going back home we got vectors right over the top of KDTW, what a blast!

16. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    When you are a little concerned about just exactly where you are, get out of the plane, walk into the flight planning room, and carefully examine where the nail is in the map that has the sting attached to it.

That's where you are!

17. Skyraider

Skyraider Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    That's funny!!!
    When at my flight school, the string is used to determine our proximity to
    class "B" airspace. (For non nav training purposes...)
    On a damp rainy day, the string says we are in the "mode C" veil. When it's dry out, we're not.... ;)

18. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    CHANDLER AZ (P19)> RYAN AZ (KRYN)>GILA BEND AZ (E63)> BACK TO P19
    SOLO X-COUNTRY

19. SWITCHESOFF

SWITCHESOFF Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Roy, that's a clever thing, so from now on wherever I am, I'll stick a nail into a map and find myself.
    Switches

20. flobillot

flobillot Rookie

Jun 13, 2006
    Hello,
    I flew with my also-pilot fiance to Grant County airport, WV.
    Plane based in Manassas, VA (C-172 belonging to Aviation Adventures).
    It took us 1.2 hours to go there, and only 45 mn to come back! Great day. We visited the Smoke Hole Caverns and went back to Virginia. These were our $100 caverns.

21. skygirl68

skygirl68 Rookie

May 17, 2006
    commercial airline...was in MCI this past weekend for my 20yr high school reunion. on my own, i took a friend flying from FTG to COS and back around the end of May. first time he'd ever been in anythin but an airliner (took him out in a 172) and he was sicker than a dog and as pale as a bed sheet. heh heh...bad thing is as i was doing my downwind leg the tower calls me and tells me to make a short final due to some other traffic...i go ahead and make the sharp turn (he's totally clueless as to what a short final is) and he lost his cookies...sad, sad, sad. i don't think he'll ever go flying with me again. some can take it, some cannot. i need a man with a strong stomach!

22. hazman

hazman Rookie

Jun 15, 2006
    That's a great tip on the string thingy!

Add a small stone to the loose end of the string, and it becomes a weather station.

If the string and stone are dry and hanging straight down and motionless, it's a fair weather day with minimal wind. Wet and shiny = light rain.

If the stone is swinging slightly, gentle breezes.

If the stone is white and fuzzy looking, watch out for snow and ice.

If the stone and string are standing straight out to the side, it's probably a little too windy for a pleasant flight.

23. hazman

hazman Rookie

Jun 15, 2006
    Last place I flew was from Peter O'Knight in Tampa to Lake Wales, then up to Fantasy of Flight Air Musium.

Before that, Crystal River, FL for ice cream. Prior to that, Venice, FL for breakfast. Before that it was Sebring, FL for a burger.

Hmmm.... Now that I write it out I'm starting to see a pattern here.

24. planeflyr

planeflyr Karting

May 27, 2006
    If the stone and string are standing straight out to the side, you're somewhere in Wyoming!