Ferrari Challenge | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Ferreddy, Aug 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferreddy

Ferreddy Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    Staten Island NY
    Full Name:
    Freddy
    #1 Ferreddy, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Sharif

Sharif Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Sharif
    #2 Sharif, Aug 31, 2008
  3. rr87

rr87 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2007
    Europe
    It was cool, but I gotta say that all that dust made me feel bad for the exotics sitting in the parking lot. My car is so dirty right now lol

4. FormulaRacer

FormulaRacer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2003
    NJMP has a lot of work ahead of them. They need to fix Pit in, pit out, dust, and some barriers. Many drivers felt it was dangerous, and there hopefully will be changes/improvements made for future events.

Anyone get any video?

5. Ferreddy

Ferreddy Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    Staten Island NY
    Full Name:
    Freddy
    I'll post the link once I uppload the video (Youtube)

6. TurboRegal84

TurboRegal84 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2007
    Southern NJ
    Agree.....Great Event! One of the best views at NJMP is turn #14!

Sharif....were you with the group of the Blue M3 and the 360CS?

7. StickChic

StickChic Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    So Cal
    What were the thoughts on the new track?

8. Sharif

Sharif Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Sharif
    Hey, yeah that was us : ) did you see us driving there ?

we also had a black range rover with us. The drive there was A LOT of fun. :)

9. TurboRegal84

TurboRegal84 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2007
    Southern NJ
    Figured it was you guys...leaving I was a few cars back in a BMW X5. Was trying to catch up to you but got caught in the traffic from that rolled over SUV on 55.

10. Sharif

Sharif Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Sharif
    I don't have much experience with tracks in general... I liked the layout of the track, had a bit of everything. Turns, straights, elevation changes. There didn't seem to have much run off incase things went wrong for cars on the track.
    Not much seating area for spectators. No covering from the sun.
    Like someone said, too much dust. You can feel it on your face by the end and your car is covered by the time you go back to your car. The parking lot is all light, loose dirt. They water the dirt to keep the dust down, it works but then you have to walk through mud.

All in all I'd never go again as a spectator, was nice seeing all the cool cars but to watch cars go around a track all day ain't my thing, ridiculously boring in my opinion. If I was the one tracking my car I'd live there. :)

Yeah, pretty bad seeing that SUV like that. I'm hoping those were the occupants sitting by the side of the road cause they didn't seem too "bad" all things considered. If I didn't see them there I would have said for sure the occupants couldn't have survived that.

Would have been nice to drive back with more company, maybe next timee :)

Is it crazy to say that a CS can NOT pull on an m3 ?

11. Ferreddy

Ferreddy Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    Staten Island NY
    Full Name:
    Freddy
    #11 Ferreddy, Sep 1, 2008
    Did the passenger in that Range Rover have a Ferrari Shirt? They was beeping the horn because of traffic then almost ran ppl over trying to go around the traffic. LoL I noticed the 360CS leaving very hot car. The dust on the track SUCKED, everything on me had dust even my car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. gages

gages Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    #12 gages, Sep 2, 2008
  13. Sharif

Sharif Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Sharif
    I'm thinking that was was a different range rover, no one in the range had a ferrari shirt. but you never know. If it was a black RR sport following the 360 and m3 then I don't think there were too many combos like that leaving at the same time. if so I apologize on behalf

14. got rice?

got rice? Rookie

Jun 4, 2006
    Lititz, PA
    Looks like he was up in the spotting tower, probably 2-3 spots down from me judging from that last shot lol

Here's a link to my pics: http://asianguywithacamera.com/images/2008events/GrandAm_083008/

15. Ferreddy

Ferreddy Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    Staten Island NY
    Full Name:
    Freddy
    Sharif no biggy, Wow guys awesome shots!!! I missed the 1st race but still had fun. Pretty cool event

16. guycosmo

guycosmo Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Guy Cosmo
    Hey Guys!

I was actually there racing in the Grand-Am race, driving a Daytona Prototype (#09). Great track and layout, just not ready yet for racing. The course itself was very fun and challenging, with the first half being a very high speed, flowing section similar to tracks like Lime Rock and VIR, and the second half being slower and more twisting very much like Barber Motorsports Park and Portland - and a corner or two like Laguna Seca. Unfortunately the facility just hadn't been open long enough (or opened too early) for them to sort out what the place really needs. Needs exit curbing at most of the corner exits, paved runoff on the other side of that curbing, a redesigned and wider pit entrance, and definitely needs a different pit exit, as it's way too easy to slide off the pit exit road, wind up over the apex curb at turn one and in the middle of the traffic flow... Of course, a little more time for grass to grow and the whole place will be much cleaner and more appealing.

I managed to grab some in-car footage from one of my practice sessions on Friday - check it out!
    http://www.guycosmo.com/video-gallery/

If any of you are interested in driving the track yourselves in your own cars, I've got a 2-day event booked there in October - one day on the Lightening circuit, one day on Thunderbolt. Fun place, and should be much nicer by then!