Exotic car gathering - Milwaukee Sept 14th | FerrariChat

Exotic car gathering - Milwaukee Sept 14th

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Mera, Aug 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    http://www.rodneydickman.com/show/

Thought I would start a new thread with the date as it is getting close. Looks like more Lambos will attend this year compared to last year. I think we had 3-4 Lambos last year. Might be double that this year. Plus (hopefully) 25-35 or more Ferrari's.

Rodney Dickman
    1990 348 TS

2. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    #2 Mera, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is all I can do to try lately to keep the lawn/golf course somewhat green. We have had like no rain for 2 months! Looks like I'll be watering 24/7 for the next week and a half or so. I did that last year and a 3-4 days before the get together it rained non stop. The day of the get together last year it did not rain. It started raining the next day again though! It was all I could do to mow in the muddy slop last year the day before the get together! As you can see my neighbors yard is basically all brown.

Carla has done a great job getting Chicago and IL owners together. It looks like around 30 or more from Chicago and IL. This year there may be over a dozen Lambos. Last year I believe there were four-five Lambos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Food is ordered. I have talked to the caterer that this may be canceled if the weather is bad. They will work with me if that happens. Most of the food will be frozen and not thawed until late Friday but they need to order it by Tuesday at noon. If I cancel they would be able to use most of it for the other catering they do. This caterer does a lot of catering. I've told them I will pay for anything they could not use. Only fair thing to do. Time will tell. I've been watching the weather forecast and it changes daily for this coming Sunday. I could look in the future to do the Cousins sub thing or something similar as they would be made that morning but I like the sit down lunch thing. Any weather forecasters out there? Last year it rained for several days straight but was sunny on Sunday. We'll see what happens this year.

Rodney Dickman

4. tommy g

tommy g Guest

May 3, 2005
    westfield nj
    Full Name:
    tom gillespie
    i said it before to you and ill say it again, this is a VERY gracious thing you are doing and hats off to you! looks like a great showing last year, would love to shoot this one day if the opp. arises

5. rketex7

rketex7 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    K.C.Y.
    Rodney,

I am planning on attending!!

6. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse. :(

We'll see tomorrow morning what it looks like. Not sure what to do at this time. The cakes are done and I can't cancel that. Most of the food I can cancel. Not sure on the tables and chairs but I should be able to cancel them.

I am thinking that if the weather is somewhat nice and some show up there will be soda and cake and maybe the small puff sandwiches and deviled eggs on hand.

Rodney

7. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Looks like rain all day Sunday so this is a no go. Sorry. Next year it will be in August. We are looking at still doing this in a few weeks. I'll talk to Carla and see how she feels about doing it on the 28th. Depends again on the weather. My girlfriend works every other weekend so next weekend is out. If I do look to do it on the 28th I will do something like the Cousins party sub thing. That can be made up that day or the night before. Plus I would not need to look to rent all the tables and chairs. I would still look to do the sit down lunch again next year though.

Rodney

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #8 Chelle, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
    Rodney, you could toss the cake in a freezer, in college I worked in a bakery and they did that all the time with custom cakes when events were delayed.. Sorry about the weather though. :( and thanks for all your efforts putting this together
    I've been watching the weather channel and here for updates since the end of F1 this morning as I've had a few things off the car trying to have it ready for the run up to your place. We both are looking forward to the new date, and my offer still stands to bring up anything you might need a day or two before on my way home from the office.
    Michelle

9. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Too bad the weather isn't cooperating.

The 28th would still work for me.

10. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I've talked to Carla and my girlfriend. We've decided to try and do this on an upcoming Sunday. My girlfriend works every other weekend but she can sneak out at 10 on a Sunday. I would then do the Cousins sub thing or something similar. That can be ordered last minute. I would not rent any or just rent a few tables and chairs. So it would be a last minute decision depending on the weather forecast. It could be this next weekend or any Sunday after that depending on the weather forecast. If you can make it great. If not then "oh well maybe I can make it next year". Next year I would look to do it in August as there is a much less chance of rain. The turn out this year may be less because of the weather this year. Let's hope for better weather next year!

Rodney Dickman

11. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    We are trying to see which Sunday work best for most everyone. Here's the line up so far. Please PM me or Rodney so we can confirm a date for sure!

1 YES Carla- Murci--
    2 YES Dave- Silver G-
    3 YES Robert- Yellow G-
    4 YES Roland- Whilte LP560
    5 YES Andrew- Black Porsche
    6 YES GLen- Batman vette-
    7 YES Enrico F430 -
    8 YES Daytona Rick- Ferrari/vette-
    9 YES Rick- Gallardo-
    10 YES Sonny- Yellow Murci -
    11 YES John- 328-
    12 YES Wade- Silver Porsche 996tt-
    MOST LIKELY
    John- Black Countach
    Joe R - Red Countach 2
    Bob- White Countach 2
    Chris- White Countach 1
    Jack- Orange Diablo
    Joe P- Silver Diablo
    Rick- Yellow Diablo
    Bill N- Gallardo
    Ben- Yellow G
    Jay- Blue Murci
    Dave H- White LP560
    Michelle- Ferrari GTO 2
    Giovanni Davola- Ferrari Testarosa -
    Jim- White GT3
    Gene- Red Carerra GT -2
    Mike- Blue- Ford GT 1
    Tony- Blue/orange Ford GT 1

12. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I can not attend on the 21st. 28th or later works OK. There's always next year...