365BB 18133 is back on the road! ( with pics ) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

365BB 18133 is back on the road! ( with pics )

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by dr.mike, Aug 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dr.mike

dr.mike Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Adams
    Diran @ Blvd Auto in Las Vegas ( who did 99% of the work ) deserves a little of the credit :)

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Don't forget yourself - you stole it from them! :D

Onno

3. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
  4. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Good luck with the sale. It would have been a good idea to detail the interior prior to photographing. Top dollar car should look like it.. Interior looks a little rough... IMO

Once again good luck... Hope the new buyer is a chat member..

R

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i bet if you were to have symbolic motors broker the car for you, they would be able to get $250k for this very nice bb! the buy it now is probably too low!!

6. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Outstanding car, priced way too low. Good luck with the sale!

David

7. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Maybe US prices are different, but my 365 Boxer (#17977), paid for last week, was US$160k in the UK and it is in fine condition indeed, I would give it 8.5 out of 10. Prices for Boxers have come down recently, and the ones with high prices out there have been sitting for a long time. $250k seems way too high for me but YMMV.

Good luck with the sale, but I cannot even imagine why you would be selling it now you can finally enjoy it...

Onno

8. dr.mike

dr.mike Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Adams
    Hi all.

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and list it on ebay. Mostly just to "get it out there". I used the pics from a few weeks ago when I just pulled the car out of the shop. If the auction doesn't close successfully (which is usually the case), I will fully detail the car and take some new pictures under better lighting conditions. Diran wants to do one more pass of sanding with 2000grit now that the paint has had 2 months to completely cure/harden. He showed me on a small section and it does make a difference.

For those who don't know, I can’t drive this car. Or more correctly, I can't walk AFTER driving it. I have driven it about 5 times to work on the tuning, etc. And, I get the same result every time :(

I have tried all kinds of things like pads/cushions in the seats, etc. But, the offset position of the pedals/steering-wheel in the boxer causes severe sciatica in my lower back. This is mostly because my knees just can’t bend the way they need to. So my back has to make up the whole twist. My left knee was shattered a little over 20 years ago in a martial arts accident. Which is kinda what changed my life path from kick-boxer to mathematician/engineer. Who knew?

Since I have people saying the price is both too high and too low, I guess I am somewhere in the proper range. The people who think that I have under-priced it are encouraged to offer more ;) We will see. I don’t have a great deal of faith in ebay on large items like this.

9. Sieze Giorno

Sieze Giorno Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2005
    Florida
    Beautiful!!!!!

10. ferraripete

#35 ferraripete, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    i promise you that if you speak to bill noon about the car and the very "proper" restoration you have finished, he would tell you w/o question that your car is priced WAY too low. let him broker it at 250K and he will have 4 buyers in line on your car in a week. call him...you have nothing to loose and the other owners will applaud you for maintaining their value.

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Car looks striking head on.
    Silver on Boxers is very cool.

Somewhere out there, there is a guy with a Fiero looking for a Koenig Boxer body kit.

12. ferraripete

you may have lucked into a fantastic find!? a 8.5 out of 10 in the states will easily exceed 200k.

13. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    The 365 BB is a car that is still under valued. It is the first mid engined road car Ferrari ever produced. The looks and the way it drives is so raw. One must drive it to understand how incredible these first generation Boxer are. Every time I drive my 365 BB I can't get enough of it. It's worth three times the buy it now price of the car on Ebay.

Gene.

14. ferraripete

15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Original exterior color: Rosso Chiaro 20-R-190.
    Original interior color: Pelle Beige VM 3234.
    Delivered new to Garage Francorchamps in Brussels, Belgium
    18th September 1974 completion date.

Marcel Massini

16. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    17977:
    Original exterior color: Blu Dino 106-A-72.
    Original interior color Pelle Beige VM 3234.
    Delivered new to Maranello Concessionaires Limited in the UK.
    7th June 1974 factory completion date.

Marcel Massini

17. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
  18. ferraripete

yep...a bit of a rat trap inside 10 feet away. i have seen the car.

19. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Marcel can you look into my car # 17543.

Thanks, Gene.

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Gene:
    Yes, I can, but there is a possible little problem here and I ask that you FIRST contact me privately.
    [email protected]

21. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Well, I really think I had a good bargain - the car was cheaper than on 'The Continent' due to the low Sterling. But even in the rest of Europe you won't pay more than EUR150k for a 10 out of 10, which is US$210k. For example, the Maranello auction in May saw a good example go for $US187.5k, and there are several for sale with an asking price of US$200k or less.

@Marcel - thanks so much for the additional info. I knew the car's original colour and delivery date (12 July 1974) but not the manufacturing date. Is there, by the way, any way of knowing whether it was all-blue or whether it had the black sills?

Onno

22. dr.mike

dr.mike Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Adams
    Thanks for the info, Marcel :) I knew from the stripping job that this was a red car to begin with. Didn't know the interior color.

Since I was building this for me to drive, I just couldn't bring myself to make another red one :) Not that there's anything wrong with that :p

23. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
  24. dr.mike

dr.mike Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Laguna Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Adams
    Looks that way...

Not sure how this fits in with the "Are Boxer prices falling?" thread.

This was my best estimation of the market. Of course, I still hope the guys pushing for a $250k+ valuation are right :)

Then again. Remember... This is ebay we are talking about. Anything could happen.

And most of it bad.