Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by aleventhal, Sep 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    Well, how was your experience, was it everything you thought it would be or was it actually positive?

2. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    How about it, we heard the bad, how bout the follow up, I know that they're absolutely incredible, they are perfectionists and don't quit until it's done right. How'd things turn out, if you were right, set the record straight, if not perhaps some "apologies" are in order?

3. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    The FOCNJ guys are great!!!!!!

4. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    Well, I figured I'd post an update once my experience was "complete" and even though my service was performed, there is an outstanding issue with billing which I want to see how they are planning on resolving. Not much to the story...I was quoted via email one price, charged another. I wasn't positive at time of payment of the error, so I second guessed myself when I questioned it, but upon coming home and confirming it, I was in fact "overcharged". I plan on reaching out and seeing how things will be resolved.

Again, I am not a high roller by any means buying $200k cars every other year, but I am an owner, and even though I purchased from another dealer doesn't mean that my service work isn't worth the same respect, because who knows, I might be a buyer in the years to come.

I will say that they were professional with scheduling, getting it completed as promised, when promised. Paid attention to details on my car, and pointed out issues which need to be addressed (minor items, a light bulb on license plate/wiper blades experiencing dry rot) which I probably would have never noticed. Facilities were very nice....

5. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis

let's go thru each of your points
    1. Billing - isn't a quote just that, a quote? when you go to a butcher for beef, do you tell them that you want equal $20 worth or do you tell them you want 1 lb? You say the latter and you get a fine piece of meat, whether it's $19 or $21. You got exactly what you ordered
    2. 200k and not a high roller? I don't know about you but last time I checked that a pretty expensive car.
    3. Who cares where you bought the car. Anyone can sell you something - it's the follow up that's worth it. Once again - did they not fix your car?
    4. Your last paragraph - they actually went beyond the call of duty to check out your car? Gosh, you're probably going to say that's bad, right? So let's say this - had they left your wipers and didn't touch the license plate bulb - you'd probably come back and say they didn't check those things out for you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Please - I'm missing something here. When you find the ultimate service experinece, please let me know. I'll bring my car there. I'll even ship it there if it's outside of the NY-metro area. Apparently you have find Utopia and we've settled for compromise all these years. Please enlighten us FChatters. What do we know, right?

6. flyducati

flyducati Rookie

Jun 30, 2008
    Naples Fl
    These type of people are never happy.
    I have seen them time and time again.
    I could have written the script on how his service visit was going to be.

If the owner of the dealership sat down with him and had warm milk and cookies with him and held his hand the whole time he was waiting for his service to be complete, this stroke would come on here and complain that they gave him oreo's when he specifically told them that his favorite cookie was chip's ahoy.

People really are funny.

7. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

#57 Greg G, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
    speaking of cookies... Im about to toss mine.

Sanocki... did you think to pick up the phone and ask how the shop will correct your supposed billing error before posting here?

Seems like communication is the root of your (rather minor) issues.

Alexander Graham Bell ought to kick you in the pants.

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i thought you guys were refering to CM as cindy margolis

9. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    I had to re-read the post several times as it is pretty clear that the service was extraordinary but the tone of the post less than the level of great service provided.

Kudos once again to Ferrari of Central New Jersey. It shows that even when faced with a customer that will never be happy, you go above and beyond

10. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    Umm...lets see now. As for the billing "quote" yes, if I was getting something out of the ordinary done, you would be right. But when something as basic as a fluid service is being performed, I would expect that the quote not be exceeded. When I get an oil change or a set of tires installed my price doesn't change from the quote, why would it in this example?

200k is an expensive car, and my original post simply said I'm not buying them every other year....

I'm not saying that I was UNHAPPY with them checking out my car in great detail, that was a compliment and my happiness with their overall service! As for waiting for the billing issue to be resolved, again, I said that I had every intention to get that squared away before posting, but since someone asked, I didn't want to seem like I was dodging the topic.

I don't see why everyone gets so defensive and suggestive that I am a hard to deal with person. Quite frankly its a bit childish. I am simply stating my experience, and you can state yours. And hopefully within the next couple of days things will be resolved and a miscommunication over price won't tarnish my overall good experience with their service department.

11. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ

Maybe communication is the problem...since my post stated that I was going to WAIT UNTIL THE BILLING ISSUE WAS RESOLVED before posting, but since someone asked, I didn't want it to seem like I was dodging the topic, so I provided an update.

Again, where people make the assumption I am a hard to deal with person is beyond me.... Everything went smoothly, as I would have expected it too. This isn't a complicated double bypass surgery procedure we are talking about....its a fluid change!

12. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm curious how much they "over charged" you?

13. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

The point is you chose to make uncomplimentary comments in an otherwise complimentary thread praising FoCNJ... on a widely read public forum.

Sure youre allowed to share your feelings here.

But personal anecdotes can carry more influence over even the most effective advertising, so expect people to put you in check.

To recap... what were your issues again? An unanswered email or two and a billing mistake?

Two phone calls wldve squashed both matters in minutes.

Personally I find your trivial complaints rather childish.

14. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    The proof is in the posting. Firstly, I would have had the amount that I had been quoted with me, and questioned it at the time of service. Next, I would have called them immediately and questioned the discrepency, both the reason and the amount. I'm sure that there's an explanation as everything about this dealership is "above board". I hope that you will immediately set the record straight and let everyone know what the answers are. If the service manager doesn't give you satisfaction, I'd suggest a call to Chris Miele the general manager (although I'd be suprised if you weren't satisfied by the SM). From all of my friends that own Ferraris and live here in Westchester, there are numerous service/purchase options...............why do you think they make the trip to FOCNJ?

15. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    And as stated before, I had every intention of waiting for a final outcome before posting my experience, but the question was asked, and thus I answered it.

16. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    I guess it was my mistake not to have documentation with me as to the price quoted. I did question it, I was told I was wrong....I didn't have proof of it, so I paid and left. It wasn't until I checked my online quote when I came home that I realized that it was overbilled, and I have every intention of resolving it, which I'm sure they will correct without issue, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened. An oversight? Perhaps.... It doesn't take away from the quality work they do, but it is a legitimate experience and thus I presented it as such.

What everyone here doesn't realize is I am not posting my "feelings" on the place, where everyone else is getting emotional about it. 100 people can order a steak, and 99 like it, 1 person doesn't... that is subjective. Who is to say that everyone likes the same meal? Same 100 people can have a waiter, and some may think he was rude or have an attitude, others are happy.... again, subjective.

What I have is not open to opinion. I used the online "schedule a service" feature on their website, with no reply. When I questioned it, it was brought up it could have been user error...and perhaps it was. I resent a request and it was answered within 12 hours. Excellent, I'm glad to hear. Whatever happened the first time is forgotten and we moved on....

As for the current issue, again its black and white... and upon reaching a final outcome, I will clarify my experience. Nevertheless it doesn't change the facts of what happened.

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    What I don't understand from this whole thing is the repeated insistance on using email/internet/other electronic forms of communication. Not everyone has that crap set up or uses it. If I have a flood in my basement, I'm not going to email the plumber and hope he has a blackberry. Pick up a damn phone.

18. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    oh....I guess its my fault then.... perhaps the overcharge was a "communication fee".... let me double check my bill.... ahhh... there it is, line 14- .5 hrs "reading email request for service".... give me a break!

I'm actually glad that I emailed my request for service because I have documentation of my original quote for service. If it was a verbal phone call there would be no documentation, and I would have been second guessing myself that perhaps I misunderstood over the phone.

19. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    because your argument has zero credibility. You should and could have settled this long before offline. Instead you're choosing to, without merit, blast a place of business on an online forum. I see that you're in real estate investments? If you and I are negotiating a deal and something is up - do I handle it with you or do I got to realestatechat.com and give a very biased and potentially false opinion of the situation.

Give credit where it is due and give objective criticism when it is due and fair. You haven't done that and that is why people are getting on your case.

You're wrong. Continue to cry about it here and people are going to call you out on it. Otherwise go enjoy your car while it's still nice outside! That's what I plan on doing when I get it back from service.

20. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Don't all mechanics charge by the hour? Isn't a quote just that - an estimate? I would assume it took them longer than they anticipated, and they charged you accordinagly. Of course, I have no idea and am just guessing, but seems like a logical explanation. Of course, if there is indeed a billing error, I'm sure it will be straightened out.

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Again, I could be totally wrong, but I believe mechanics charge by actual number of hours worked. The bill is what it is.

22. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

"all customers bring a certain amount of joy to a business... most by coming, and a select few by going."

(disclaimer - I am not a representive of FoCNJ, but rather a loyal customer)

23. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    While that may be the case, I am still waiting for clarification, and I stated again and again that I am not airing my dirty laundry, but when asked, I mention what the status is, are premature as it may be, since I'm sure it will be resolved.

But as for the mechanics charging by actual number of hours worked, this would clearly be the case on a "technical job" or when a problem occurs out of the ordinary. But I don't anticipate a change in price when its a routinue job and no extra work was required.

24. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    And another point on the mechanic billing.... I am not an expert on auto repairs, but I am familar with a good friend of mine's autobody business. In the autobody business there is the "bodywork bible" which states the amount of hours which a particular job takes. Everyone abides by it, including insurance companies. So lets say that a bumper is damaged, the book says it will take 2.4hrs to replace, 1.2hrs to prep, 1.5hrs to paint, etc etc. They bill accordingly. Now does it take a skilled individual that long? Probably not... but at the same time if it takes a newbie longer, they can't charge more.

I would think the same is applicable for auto repairs, at least when it deals with a no surprise job. Obviously this does not hold true if there are problems...rusty bolts, damage unseen, etc etc.

25. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    so how much did they stroke you for?