Turbo prices ? | FerrariChat

Turbo prices ?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Ulf, Oct 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ulf

Ulf Karting

May 28, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Full Name:
    Ulf
    What do you guys think should a 30-35K miles '02 996 tiptronic Turbo in Silver cost these days (after all this mess) ? What would be a realistic offer at the dealer if he is asking $53K ? Is $45K still too much ?
    Thanks

Ulf

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Wow; $45k.
    You never know unless you ask.

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    tips are tough to sell. Sure you want one? The technology is ancient comparitively.Of course the dealer wll tell you they are rare and tough to find. In this economy I would say 45K may be doable. you probably wont buy it that day. You will probably have to walk and see if they call you back or go and make the same offer in a month. They sometimes will sell a car for wholesale to a retail customer but often just wholesale it off after a few months in inventory. Jon in Delaware

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#4 Kds, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
    $40-45K is the correct retail price with that mileage, a tip, and in silver IMHO. There are plently of them on Cars.com and Autotrader.com in that ballpark.

I just bought a Speed Yellow, very highly optioned, one owner, 2002 996TT tiptronic with 7K miles for $52K and sold it for $10K more. I am a dealer as well..........

Hope that helps. 996TT's are all over the place, if the car has miles, a tip, and is silver, it is a dog.

5. justin993

justin993 Karting

Nov 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Justin993
    40-45 sounds right, based on some average auction prices a few months ago.

6. Ulf

Ulf Karting

May 28, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Full Name:
    Ulf
    test drove a loaded (navi, parking assist, supple leather, xenon, woodtrim, etc.) '02 Black/Black Tip Turbo today. Upgraded exhaust and with chip (aprox extra 80hp). It was OK, and FAST. Guess it would be a good buy at around mid 50's. Just can't make up my mind if I really want a Turbo, a GS Maserati or a 355 (that's actually what I always have been after but been afraid of it's maintenance horror stories). The Maserati just depreciates so freaking fast I can't even keep up with the current pricing. My gut tells me to just get that 355 and enjoy. What to do, what to do ?

7. Basura

Basura Formula Junior

May 1, 2008
    Santa Monica, Ca
    Full Name:
    Michael Basura
    It sounds like you know what to do.

And I agree with you

8. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Sit tight. 355 prices will be coming down with all the others over the next year. Just take a look at what 599 and 430 prices are doing.

9. Ulf

Ulf Karting

May 28, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Full Name:
    Ulf
    yeah, but I don't think they'll fall 10% each year to come. The 599 and 430's AND 360's are coming down hard, as did the 355's when newer. The Maser will probably tank even more each year. Not sure about the Porsche Turbo though. Can it bottom out ?

10. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    #10 senna21, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
    I think anything is possible. Have you seen Boxster or 996 prices? Give this a read ( http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215411 ). I think everything is going to be in for a correction. In the early Nineties there was a bubble in the Ferrari market. There's one there now. As the newer mass produced car prices drop it'll push the older ones down further. The age of "bling" is over. The age of "Thrift" may be coming. You know getting off living on credit, living within your means.

11. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    I would agree if you lived here up north and can't enjoy the car now. Id would also look at cheap 360's at that price point. Though they will be more, 80ish on up, they will save you over the long hual by being more reliable than a 355 imho. Yes, you can wait til all cars depreciate more, but life keeps going by ya....

12. bryanc4

bryanc4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    Delray/Boca, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    just got rid of a 28k mile 2005 turbo cab 100k certified and struggled to scracth $72500... 02 coupe with 30k miles will pull 35k and it'll be a tough sale especially out of warranty. good luck though.