50 Cent and "his" F-cars are back | Page 2 | FerrariChat

50 Cent and "his" F-cars are back

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by news 4 u, Nov 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    a bit like being the tallest midget.

he is worth in the $300mm range as noted, apparently he was an original investor in Vitamin Water, for which Coca-Cola massively overpaid.

2. Zzono

Zzono Karting

Apr 21, 2008
    I do not care, if many exotics like Enzo, F40 etc. belong to 50 now.
    My wish is that he should treat those wonderful cars just well. :D

3. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    #28 modena, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    They don't belong to him but I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that their owner treats his cars very well.

4. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

#29 Drive550PFB, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    So are some of the things you have in common any of these . . .

Have you ever been shot 9 times? (Curtis says he has but another rapper, Mason Betha a.k.a. Ma$e, said that was a lie).
    Have you ever taken a crap in a ho's mouth? (His song says he has.)
    Have you ever popped a cap in 5-0? (5-0 is a cop as in Hawaii 5-0) Curtis brags about it. Sure, I guess this is normal.
    Have you ever piss*d on a hoochie?

Well, you get the point.

And, how can you say, "you have some beautiful cars," WHEN HE DOES NOT HAVE THEM!!! THEY ARE NOT HIS!

Oh, and on the short stock . . . if you let a guy short as much stock as the regulation allows and then you find that his account does not have enough cash when you have to 'buy him in,' then I would suggest that your managing broker is going to have a big problem with YOU as well as the client.

People can short away, but they better have the cash for the buy-in.

5. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    He was shot/hit 3 times, but there were 9 shots fired I believe
    What song was this?
    Lie
    What song was this?

6. boraville

boraville Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Livingston, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bora Sultan

?

My comment was directed at his ownership of the Ferrari's. I dont care if he actually owns them or borrows them, guys got the money to back it up. I do not know nor do I wish to know other things 50 says or does.

Bora

7. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

So if Osama bin Laden told some people that he owned/loved Ferraris and you saw him, you'd be cordial and happy to talk about the things you have in common--love of Ferraris? bin Laden has the money to back it up.

I take this to the extreme, on purpose, to make a point.

In this world, character counts. For the life of me, I do not see why we give an audience and adulation and respect to someone who sings about "popping a cap in 5-0" or who advocates "put[tin} a hole in your grill, with the nine mil" (tha'ts shooting you in the teeth, for most civilized people).

If you ignore who he is and what he sings about, then you are nothing but a prostitute. If you "do not wish to know other things [he] says or does" you are burying your head in the sand and denying reality. How about this . . . if OJ Simpson needed an equities trader, would you take him as a client?

8. boraville

boraville Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Livingston, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bora Sultan
    I take objection with your extreme example. I have never purchased a 50 album, downloaded a song or attended a performance, but do not judge those that do. Beauty of this county is freedom of choice. You and I obviously live different lives and no need to dicuss that further.

I worked in World Financial Center Bldg #1 and was ther on 9-11. To make that comparison and call it exteme is rhetoric.

Bora

9. boraville

boraville Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Livingston, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bora Sultan
    Sorry, didnt see the comment about OJ. My clients are institutions. But if the example were one of the clients I service has some shared or vested interest in OJ, would I have a problem? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I have my opinions on OJ and they apply in my personal life. I would not let cloud a business decsion.

Bora

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I didn't mean it in a car sence, all rappers to some extent, are generally posers and record company creations.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Note to self:

Go rent CB4.

12. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

#37 Drive550PFB, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
    OF COURSE IT IS RHETORIC! THAT'S WHY IS TERMED IT AN 'EXTREME' EXAMPLE!

The whole point of using an extreme example is that it illustrates the point. As Churchill (allegedly) once said to lady Astor . . . "Would you sleep with me for a million pounds?" She answered "yes." He then said, "would you sleep with me for a shilling?" She answered, "What? do you think I am a wh0re?" He said, "we have already established that; now we are haggling over price."

Of course we have freedom of choice, but we are responsible for the choices we make. You are free to drink and drive, but you must still suffer the consequences.

As for OJ's money . . . How about this . . . I know a bank in Andorra where Hitler's gold is stashed (allegedly). How about I give you that gold to sell and then you can invest the proceeds? You want THAT money? Of course not. It is blood money and it is tainted. And you would die a violent death if you touched it.

Back to Curtis Jackson. He is a liar, a thug and his music promotes all kinds of things that are wrong with America--and you have taken half a dozen posts to defend the idea that he is an OK guy--you could have a conversation with him. Why? Because he is rich. That's it--plain and simple. He can lie about owning Ferraris; he can advocate shooting cops or doing drugs or giving a girl a Cleveland Steamer, and it is OK. AND THEN YOU GET CHIPPY WITH ME BECAUSE I CALL YOU ON IT?!? Give me a break.

It is the cult of personality. And it is ruining our country.

13. boraville

boraville Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Livingston, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bora Sultan

Not chippy at all. Just didnt want to get into a discusion of your beliefs vs mine. Not here anyway.

I started writing a response but this thread is clearly going in the wrong direction. Better to put this thing to bed. No hard feeling.

Bora

14. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

I accept this. Fair enough.

But. here is why I engage you in the first place. I have two teenagers (boys) and it is a constant, day-by-day battle with our culture. I am not a prude, but I want to raise men--men who read, who work hard, who act like gentlemen, who respect people, who do not ask for handouts, but who will gladly help the less fortunate. I want to leave them with the tools to make their lives better. And leave them with the ability to find out why this is better.

It is hard to do this when they are connected to i-pods that are drilling these pernicious and poisonous lyrics into their heads--they laugh and tell me I am old fashioned. My problem is that I can see that there is no good to come from this.

My worry and my fear is that culture is winning, but I will not go quietly.

15. boraville

boraville Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Livingston, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bora Sultan

I have a two year old and another on the way. I understand your concearn.

Bora

16. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    You are not alone my friend. :)

17. chops_ms05

chops_ms05 Rookie

Nov 2, 2006
    Best thing I have read all day long!

And these people are the ones that are worshipped by millions and paid millions, for what i have no idea. What do they actually contribute to society? Celebrities portray all that is wrong in this world and they reap the rewards for it. Pathetic alright.

18. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  19. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    #44 Skyler, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    All of you guys are taking this way too seriously.

Can 50 cent afford them?: Probably
    Does he have an image to keep up?: Yes
    Is he lying about owning these cars because he has an image to keep?: Yes

Bottom Line
    The cars are rented from another person as mentioned in the earlier thread.

50 and "his" cars are not back. 50 and someone else's cars are.

20. egnahc

egnahc Karting

Feb 5, 2007
    california
    This 50 Cent character sure stirs up a lot of controversy

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Not everyone who is born is dealt with the same cards. People have different desires, different opinions, different lifestyles ... etc. They only know how to make themselves happy their own way with the cards they were dealt in life. It would not be fair to judge unless you really put yourself in the other person's shoes. I think what is important for children to understand as they are growing up is the reality of the world and learn to make a decision for themselves. You don't have to be like the person.... you just simply have to make an effort to understand the person .... being open minded. Being versatile is what makes you a man. Being able to not prejudge individuals and communicate with people respectively on all levels as long as the person is not notorious for hurting people. I believe Bora is trying to find a common ground with 50 cent by discussing Ferrari's. It is making the effort that shows respects and commands respect. It doesn't have to be about Ferraris. It could be about Hondas. It doesn't matter. It is about finding some common ground to get to know the person on a conversational level.

22. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

I believe that there are difficult decisions in life, and reasonable people can stand on two sides of the same issue and debate it with respect AND passion. Civilized societies cannot function unless the debate is civil. But there are extremes, which reasonable people can clearly judge to be extreme. In these situations, it is OK to make a judgment and take a stand.

Let me give you an example . . . Let's say that Yao Ming is standing beside Manute Bol. I am about 6'2", and I look at these guys and say, "They are tall." But let's take a different perspective . . . Yao may be, in fact, 2 or 3 inches taller than Bol. But it would be unusual for Yao to say to Bol, "You are short." In fact, if you ask Yao the serious question of whether Bol is "tall," with no qualifiers, then he would admit that Bol is indeed tall, despite the fact that Yao is taller. My bet is that if Yao stands beside Tim Duncan (who is fully 6 inches shorter than Yao) that Yao would say, also, that Duncan is tall. At the extremes, nearly everyone can agree on something. And these guys are tall from any perspective.

With Bora, I have accepted his explanation, as a person who must live and function in a civil society and I mean him no personal insult by disagreeing with him. But that does NOT change my opinion and statements of "0.333 Euros" (fiddy cent). I think '0.333 Euro' is a thug--he clearly advocates shooting cops, shooting people in the teeth, taking a crap in a woman's mouth (Cleveland Steamer), and all sorts of other things. I can say with conviction that all of these are bad things.

A guy like that is not a guy with whom I want to find common ground. I want him to go away. Go somewhere and spend his money, but stay out of sight. Instead, he uses fake Ferrari ownership to stay in the limelight, in a propped up infomercial for MTV and the "Numbing of the American teenager's mind." He is a poser--even if he has the money. Money can't by class and it can't buy character, and I will not glorify him just because he has money.

As for Bora, he's cool and I'm OK with him trying to find common ground. But I want to take this opportunity to try to talk him out of trying. I am just trying to be persuasive, that's all.

23. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    #48 xavior, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=cd0baa1c-77cd-4343-9f61-88258f966ebb&k=21568

Rapper 50 Cent was busted by cops Friday afternoon in New York City for traffic violations.

Officers in an unmarked car pulled the star's silver Lamborghini over at the corner of 8th and 35th Ave. in Manhattan at around 2:00 pm.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was taken out of the car and handcuffed as a crowd of onlookers gathered.

He was taken to a nearby police station and issued with summons for making an unsafe lane change, carrying an expired driver's license, driving an uninsured car and driving a vehicle not registered in the state.

The rap star has a criminal history, including felony drug charges and weapons offences. In 2000, he was shot nine times in front of his grandparents' home in Queens.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/celebs-faking-status-50-cent-busted-for-fibs-about-ferrari-collection

Faking luxury isn’t just a social crime committed by ordinary folks—celebrities are projected false images too to create the illusion of a raised status. 50 Cent was recently busted on FerrariChat for fibbing about his extensive luxury car collection. On MTV’s Cribs, the rapper proudly flaunted his line of Italian cars including an Enzo, F50 and a 599. A Ferrari made a revelation the hip hop star is sure to be ashamed of—those cars don’t actually belong to 50 Cent, they belong to a mystery car collector with the initials SC

25. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Who is SC? Puff Daddy? I think his name is Sean Combs? I could be wrong.