A Grand Day Out at VIR | FerrariChat

A Grand Day Out at VIR

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Gary GT, Dec 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary GT

Gary GT Karting

Jan 13, 2007
    Reidsville, NC
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I recently submitted my first ever auto related article to the British web site dailysportscar.com. It concerns my adventure in Dave Handy's McLaren M6B Can Am car at this years Holiday Laps at VIR. DSC kindly granted permission for VIR to post it on their web site, the link to which is listed below. I know, it's not a Ferrari but the car does have an Italian connection, as I'm sure some of you know. I seem to remember Dave telling me that the chassis was found by his late business partner in Italy where it had been used as some sort of test bed by Alfa Romeo. Enjoy!

http://www.virclub.com/latest-news/a-grand-day-out-at-vir-in-a-mclaren-m6b.html

Gary

2. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #2 Owens84QV, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Nice article! Dave is indeed a marvelous shoe and thatis a heck of a car!

4. Bob Downing

Bob Downing Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    BobD
    That car is awesome! Watched him during the vintage races, he started last and finished first. The torque and speed down the back straight are amazing.

5. Gary GT

Gary GT Karting

Jan 13, 2007
    Reidsville, NC
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #5 Gary GT, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words!

I saw that race too, from the grandstand area by the bridge. We had bets going on how many laps it was going to take him to pass the entire field (25 cars maybe?). I seem to remember he did it by lap four of the eight lap race. Astounding power in that McLaren M6B!

Gary