Ferrari Enzo parked in Livingston anyone on here? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo parked in Livingston anyone on here?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rmani, Nov 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    So it was you! Wow, small world! Greetings from the other side of the country. Have you exclusively had Ferraris as exotics, or have there been other exciting cars in your past as well? Congrats on your beautiful cars, btw. That black TR inspired me to go out and get one too. Mine was a koenig TR...it actually beat a Kawasaki ZX-11 in a race on Hwy 280 from around Newark to...you guessed it, the Eisenhower exit (exit 2a if I remember correctly).

2. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    It is exit 4A. Nice to hear from you. Had a 1983 911SC before the TR. Also had a 1968 red/white corvette and my first love a 1965 fastback 327/365 corvette a long time ago.
    My love of nice cars came from going to Grunnings On The Top (Ice cream shop) in South Orange NJ and watching the " rich kids" with their cars keep to themselves and not talk to me. That is one reason I will let almost anyone sit in one of my cars, take pictures, take them for a ride and about most of the time let them drive it. It is something I wanted for myself a long time ago that I now provide for others.

3. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    Ferraridude615...Look for me. On the road as long as there is no snow or ice. Do not like rain but will take out a ferrari to drive if it is not to bad. Taking a short road trip Sat. a.m. with the Enzo and a friend on Rt280...GSP...Rt1.

4. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    All these years of time, effort and money wasted on cars. Now I know who to blame!!!! Lol! You da man. I remember you telling me you had a CPA and JD--that's what inspired me to get two qualifications as well, and it has served me well. In fact, I am seriously considering getting an MD now, or at least some biotech qualifications. Thanks for showing me the way. You are quite the role model! And yes, I have been up all night, studying premed stuff. :)

5. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    Glad to hear the good news. Good luck.

6. EricImports69

EricImports69 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Tax-Dr....you made my day when i was riding my 04 yellow Gsxr-600 on eisenhower parkway back a few months ago and I saw you headed to 280 right by the quick check...you were coming to the red light and i was passing by the other side..and over the noise of my bike i was able to hear the ENZO clear as day and i was like OMFG that really was just an Enzo! lol...caught me off guard! lol...I first saw the Enzo at the Park Ave Ferrari Show and thought that the most bad ass license plate frame ever! "My Other Car is a F430"...That is the most bad ass thing ever loved it. Glad to hear that your all about letting people sit in the car and talk about it. I have LOVED Ferraris for about 6 years now..im only 22...and I would give anything to sit in the ENZO...well actually id love to even sit in the F430....and forget about a ride...lol...i dont know if i could handle that! lol

7. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    EricImports69...thanks for the kind words...Enzo is going in for repairs soon...599 available for a drive.

8. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Don't worry I will. I can't wait to see your cars.

9. EricImports69

Nov 10, 2003
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I do love the 599 as well! lol

10. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    You guys are bringing back memories! I lived in the area as well, Eagle Ridge townhouses on Prospect in West Orange. (when I'm in the area I still grab a Starlite Pizza) what about that cream of mushroom soup at Pal's cabin, LOL).

11. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Cream of Mushroom at Pals :) Damn now I want some.

12. stradleboy

stradleboy Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Tax Dr-2 great to hear of another owner that actually drives his cars I have seen a black one about every other weekend with front scrapes and instead of looking them as ghastly marks, I like to think of them as beauty marks. Thank you for actually driving you're car. if you ever need anything while in North Carolina please let me know would love to meet you and will show you our dealership.

Stradleboy

13. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    Enzo will be at 70 South Orange Ave Livingston NJ today. I am in Suite 100.

14. EricImports69

Nov 10, 2003
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Damn that is great...I mean...it looks like its gunna snow today and you got the Monster out there! Thats great...If Im down that was today I may have to check it out up close!

15. adelg88

adelg88 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Andrew DelGrosso
    i have SO much respect for somebody who buys a car like that and than actually drives it! you are the man!

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Please , what is a 599 FXX that you took a pass on ?

You seem to be a real enthusiast ( letting people know when the Enzo will be out is very cool ! ) , great to have you on board.

17. adelg88

adelg88 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Andrew DelGrosso
    #42 adelg88, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    i dont want to be a post whore, but i agree with you 100%. most people that own cars like this dont take them out, and if they do they sure as hell dont tell people where they will be.. its so cool that he does this! only person that drives his "enzo" a lot is Jim!

all my searching on the 599 FXX turned up nothing..

18. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    My dealer told me that 10 599FXX will be built. It is not street legal. Cost will exceed 1 mil. That is all I know.

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thanks. I wonder what it will be. Something like a 575 GTC ?

20. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    wow I hadn't checked this thread in a while glad to see you chimed in tax doc! my friend jon works for cognimed he said he's spoken with you many times and he's always calling me to talk about the new ferrari's he keeps seeing parked out front. Any chance I can pay you for a ride in that enzo? I came real close to purchasing my 1st F-car (high mileage 360) just a month ago but passed due to worries about my job stability (banking sector hasn't been the best). Ever since I've been real frustrated as if I'll ever own a Ferrari.

Anyways glad to hear from you and I hope you don't mind that I posted those pics of your enzo.

21. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    rmani...Enzo is going into shop for repairs then will be shipped to Cavallino event and will come back to me in NJ early Feb. While you wait for return of the Enzo for a free ride/drive contact me to set something up with my 2008 599....I am a big showoff and was glad you posted the pictures. A ferrari is a thing of beauty to be enjoyed by many and not just the lucky few who have had the good fortune to acquire one.

22. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    That's very generous of you tax doc and I really appreciate it. I'll shoot you a message when I get back in town I live in Bernardsville but have been working on a new project for my bank which requires constant (like 21+ days out of a month) travel for the next 6 months so I rarely see home anymore but I'd love to come see the 599.

23. Motoracer

Motoracer Karting

May 23, 2004
    Wayne NJ
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Richard,

If you are ever in the Chester area, I know a place that would really appreciate you stopping by to show off some cars.

I think we met at a party a while back.

Check your PM's.

24. DJW

DJW Karting

Oct 19, 2001
    NJ
    How about Don's Drive Inn, who remembers pulling up and eating in the car?
    Is the Colony theater still on Rt 10 in Livingston, and "Silverman's" around the corner from the theater. baseball cards!

25. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    Colony is gone. New town square is now there. Stores and apts and single family homes. New ...modern ...updated.