Spiders... Chickmagnets... Coupes... Not? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spiders... Chickmagnets... Coupes... Not?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DriveAfterDark, Dec 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    :eek: Uh, if a woman can surround you I think you need to run away, fast. Probably couldn't fit in the seat anyway... :p

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Choked on my coffee. :)

3. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    From my understanding of women behavior I think they don't give a s... about exotic sportscars and more, when they notice about it, it could even play against you because they will be afraid of being always in second place or afraid you will drive like a young immature teenage trying to impress her.

Think about it, when you cruise in your exotic, most of people who turned their head to stare at your car are of male gender! Most of girls prefer to have a smooth ride where you can comfortably engage a conversation. Make the engine rev loud and you are bringing her on hostile grounds even if she politely smiles ...

Of course, some girls like spirited drives but never at the expense of security ...

4. JimMigliaccio

JimMigliaccio Karting

Oct 1, 2008
    I can't believe this thread! If you really need a car to get you laid you're in more trouble than I could ever imagine you getting out of by reading this forum!!! It sorta does confirm a lot of the suspicions people have about guys that are drive F cars & the like... If you want the truth about this subject just look at the next girl you see driving a sports car - not to be sexist but 90% of 'em are shall we say "aesthetically challenged" & the reason they're driving such a car is to attract guys! And it doesn't work any better than it does for a guy. The kind of female who'll latch onto a guy because he drives a Ferrari of any configuration isn't going for the fun factor - she's after that bulge in your pants that you SIT on (the wallet) not the one you use for plumbing!!! LOL, yr fthfl svt, Jim

5. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    Take it easy guy...nobody is saying Fs are needed to score. We're talking about 'magnet'ism, i.e. attention/attraction. ;)

6. saghat

saghat Karting

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Scott
    How can we even argue what Ferrari is/isnt a chick magnet

The answer is : YES! Ferrari attract females...

7. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Dude... Rlx a ltl bt. It's just a unserious thread.

8. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
  9. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    #34 JLP, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When I told people I was going to buy a Ferrari, they all predicted "chick magnet", but they were dead wrong. Wherever I take my car, the only women interested in it are those who are already into cars. Otherwise the group most attracted to it are boys roughly between the ages of 11 and 15!

And this is regardless of whether I have the roof on or off.

I think the reason women are repelled by the car is this: one look at it and they can tell (correctly) that it is not a car that one can get into and out of gracefully, and I think women just don't want to get into that situation.

(But consider this: Several months back, I attended a car show where a Fiat 500 (a.k.a. "Luigi") was also in attendance. The boys all flocked to the 328, but the girls all wanted to sit in "Luigi". And that is also a car that is not easy to get into and out of because of its diminuitive size. Maybe it's because the 500 is "cute"? Maybe the Ferrari looks too agressive? I dunno.)

11. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #36 toggie, Dec 21, 2008
    Woman seem to be more attracted to my red 1965 Corvette than my black 2006 Ferrari.

Attractive woman who are complete strangers will initiate conversation about it, at gas stations, traffic lights, store parking lots, etc. They'll ask to sit in it and even ask if they can have a ride. The Ferrari gets attention but a different kind of attention, more like, "how much does it cost?", "how fast does it go?", kind of attention.

Not sure what makes the difference, perhaps the color, the classic look of the car, or maybe the convertible top being down.
    Maybe it is the relative cost of the car and they think a corvette owner is more approachable. Not sure.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I think the difference is:

Before: You have a design vision and you make it. So many emotions and loads of passion.
    Now: You have a design vision and have to adjust it to what the like of European Union accepts (all that safety crap). So much byrocracy.

Love your car, toggie, those are REALLY rare here :) (Never seen one!)

13. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Thanks. A mid-year corvette isn't too hard to come by here in the U.S. A nice driver like mine is in the $50k - $60k price range (which is less than many new cars).

Being an old married guy, the PDCA's are fun (public displays of car affection) but not as useful as they would have been when I was younger and single. If I could better refine what exactly triggers the response the corvette gets from women and make that more a predictable outcome, think of the money I could make renting it out for a week-end at a time to young single guys!

14. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #39 DriveAfterDark, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    Yes. :) Thank you for the reply. Always enjoy posts like that.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you're looking for cars that "chicks" pay attention to the men who drive them, it goes in this order (top to bottom) from my experience

1) Mercedes SL (I haven't met a single women yet who doesn't want one or isn't impressed that you have one)
    2) Prius (as sad a it is, a lot of women think it's the sign of being practical, sensitive, etc)
    3) BMW sedan (5 is best, followed by 7, 6, 3, then X5. If it's a 1 series, then drop to the bottom.)
    4) Corvette (any will work)
    5) Mustang
    6) Porsche 911
    7) Lexus sedan
    8) Jaguar (any--although I agree E-types are higher)
    9) Bentley (because a lot of teen stars crash them on TMZ)
    10) Audi sedan
    11) Aston Martin (so they can say "Bond, James Bond")
    12) Muscle car or muscle truck (depending on where you live in the country)
    13) Ferrari (any because to most, they are all the same)
    14) Lambo (scissors doors a plus)
    15) Jeep (depends on the girl)
    16) Maserati (they've never heard of it but once they see it, they like it)

In the cute but not impressed category: Mini
    In the invisible category: Any Toyota, Honda or domestic SUV
    In the negative category: Miata, Subara Impressa or Mitsubishi Evo
    In the sub zero category: Any American car (other than above) built in the 80's and 90's
    In the arctic region: Any Kia, Fiat, older VW Beetles or Golfs, anything built in the 60's, or any car that has yet to be repaired crash damage

16. lookitsme

lookitsme Karting

May 8, 2007
    I'd add the BMW Z8 to that list.

17. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    I dont think little boys really care if its a coupe or convertible..

18. WLopez34

WLopez34 Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    it is a ferrari thing ;)

19. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #44 PhilNotHill, Dec 22, 2008
  20. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Nice :)

21. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    I remember a time quite a while ago before I had owned any Ferraris. I mentioned in a casual conversation with a group people that I would like to own one oneday. I girl I hardly knew quickly snapped "if you had Ferrari It would not impress me" With out thinking replied back "If you had one it would sure as hell impress me". We were both probably very honest. I recently bought my wife a new Maserati QP. Every woman who looks at it goes nuts over it. We have 2 ferraris and 2 SLs. The Maserati is the chick magnet hands down.

22. JTranfield

JTranfield Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    NYC, London
    Full Name:
    J Tranfield
    My 80's 911 cabrio gets a lot of women talking to me in gas stations, at the shops etc, but not so my 308. Best car I ever had for impressing women was a black Jag XJS....................

23. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    I prefer women that are not so easy to get in and out of myself. The ones that are attracted only to the Ferrari and money are probably very easy to get into.

24. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Now, this guy knows what he is talking about it. Forget theory, this is practice.

25. mdsaxon

mdsaxon Karting

Sep 18, 2006
    S.W. Florida
    I actually had this happen when I had mine! I had a right-hand drive bugeye in high school and I pulled SO MUCH AZZ with that little car. Even older women would ask me about it. And the great thing was the right-hand drive puts you right up next to them!