EXOTICS ON MAIN- OPEN INVITE TO ALL | Page 11 | FerrariChat

EXOTICS ON MAIN- OPEN INVITE TO ALL

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by jts355, May 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    FYI, my company WWW.FPISEATTLE.COM (Fire Protection, Inc) provides all the securtity and fire services for Redmond Town Center.,.have been for years....I am sure I can easily get them to rope off a part of the garage, upper or covered...to allow say up to 100 cars every Saturday from say what 7 or 8 am to 10am...what ever we want...

I am off to Barrett Jackson this morning anf will be back on Tuesday Jan 20...if this is something you want to pursue let me know and I can contact them RTC, after I get back...I think this would be the best and ready for more gropwth as well..?

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #252 f355spider, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
    I say Southcenter this Saturday, but consider U-Village as a future venue! ;) It would be more convenient for Eastsiders and Seattlites, though less so for south-sounders. There are several coffee options there including an Sbux. Lot's of parking. Did I mention close to the U of W? ;)

3. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    Sure you like southcenter Dave, you already have a flak jacket. I like the redmond location.

4. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The one trick would be food/coffee as the Starbucks would not be open, but we could have food/coffee brought in by a private vendor. I know a few people that could provide those services if RTC is something that gets going.

The benefits to RTC are nice parking, no close homes, easy to get to off of 520 and most of the Redmond police are car guys, so hopefully very little hassle. I'd be happy to work with RTC or the city as well--I'm a few blocks away from there easy to run over to city hall.

5. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    RTC would be a great location!

6. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    I sorry.............the current location is only 50 miles from my house.:):)

7. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Carillon is great, but just up the street at Snyder's corner there are full facilities (Starbux, pastry shop, gas, market, etc), huge parking lot, easy on/off the freeway and located just 1 mile N and 1 mile E from the 405/520 interchange.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=130th+Ave+NE+%26+NE+65th+St&sll=47.665026,-122.164385&sspn=0.006763,0.013475&ie=UTF8&ll=47.665387,-122.166338&spn=0.006763,0.013475&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Then again, if Roy can get the Redmond Town Center to rope off all 3 stories of the parking lot, does that mean we can have timed trials? :)

8. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    I like the RTC idea. There are 2 Starbuck's and a Tully's at RTC. Maybe one of them open early....or prohydro can get up early and start the coffee brewing at his office which is close to RTC..... LOL.

9. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    At RTC, the distance between the coffe shops and the available parking sort of breaks up the flow, IMO.

Another idea is Mill Creek Town Center. Plenty of wide, diagonal parking adjacent to SBUX. Tables outside (weather permitting). Casual, relaxed foot traffic. Close to Roy's house ;)

http://www.millcreektowncenter.biz/

10. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    The Mill Creek Town center is a nice area but would the mill creek police have a issue?

There is a big parking lot and plenty of food and drinks. Nice area.

May be we can alternate sites, one weekend at RTC then another at Mill Creek or south center to give our friend's down south an opportunity to show up. Just an idea.

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

As you know I live in Mill Creek...right behind the Town Center..and YES we do their services as well INCLUDING the City Hall and I know all the Officers and the CHief...I am sure we can get it there as well...in the big parking lot of the Central Market...RIGHT next to STARBUCKS!!

12. kristopher_d

kristopher_d Karting

Aug 1, 2007
    Interesting you mentioned alternating sites. One of my partners was suggesting the same thing for the Cars-N-Coffee event we've been doing in Tukwila (Southcenter).

13. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    My father, Arny (the big old guy with the Franklin and Lotus) wants to communicate that he'd love to keep the weekly meet in Bellevue and votes to move it just to the Starbucks on Main/Bellevue Way. He tries to go just about every week, but moving it too far out north or south is too much of a hassle for him (especially in the Franklin, which isn't great on the freeway.)

14. Kristian

Kristian Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2008
    Seattle area
    i'm biased toward the eastside too :) i try to come most of the time too

15. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    That's all I needed to hear, I'm in!

16. Enzo Who?

Enzo Who? Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2008
    Bellevue are you fu*king kidding me? Bellevue??? WTF is wrong with you people?

17. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    I can't get enough of that Verde LP...any more pics? :eek:

18. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    That's where it's been for months, Smart-guy. It's also centrally-located geographically.

I'm sure you have a witty reason for not liking Bellevue.

19. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    There are a lot on the ********** site. I've posted pictures of my car on several forums. I will have it out this Saturday, but I see you're in CA.

The idea behind RTC is that it's a location we can grow. This is the reason for considering U-Village. RTC has some advantages because we've got a choice of covered or uncovered parking. The downside is a nearby hotel. I think Starbucks and Tully's is open early so I don't think that's an issue unless they changed their hours. (Christian, you can plug in the coffee pot if they aren't open.) The reason for not moving it to multiple locations is because it's harder to build a following. Mill Creek would be a long drive for those on the south end. If Roy or Vic could check with RTC and get a temp, that would be a big help. The other advantage of RTC is that it's easy to find, with easy freeway access and it's a landmark location.

I must admit I'm spoiled by the great pastry shop on Old Main and Starbucks bakery completely sucks, but it will do if we can still grow the event.

20. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    Hey Tom you are right i really like Belles pastry, it is the Bomb..... But the RTC will definitely give us the room to grow.

Also Tom i will not be able to show up Saturday i have to go to a very dear friend's funeral who past away this last week.

I will make the following week for sure if it is nice. take lots of pic's. Have fun and see you all soon.

21. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul

Sid; sorry to hear about you losing your friend, my condolences.

22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    There is garage parking at the U. Village too, though not nearly as much as RTC.

23. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    You know...Meritage is the restaurant in the RTC Marriott...we might be able to cut a deal with them for goodies if the Starbucks aren't open or if we decide Starbucks "cwoissans" (yes, you must say it that way) aren't up to the Belle's standard (I do love their ham and cheese croissant...)

And like TommyJ and Rushdriven said...if that doesn't work out, I know how to push a button on our Starbucks coffee machines at work :)

24. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    TommyJ and I are so proud that you at least learned one skill at work. I think you can add it to your resume. LOL.

25. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    Thanks Paul, He was a great man.

His daughter was in the movie "Carrie" she was the one that allways wore a baseball cap. Small world it is.

He will be missed.......

Hey enjoy the SCUD.......