How much to offer for an RS 4? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How much to offer for an RS 4?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by Garymyman, Jan 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Such as? Ours has 50,000 miles and has only been in the shop once (alternator). I would not hesitate to recommend a 2003+ E46 to anyone.

And truthfully speaking, I would much rather spend $30k on a 2005 M3 Competition than $45k on an RS4. The E46 is a destined classic and may be one of the most beautiful sports coupes of all time. Or you could spend another $5k and get a base E90/2 M3...

2. Pedro

Pedro Karting

Nov 17, 2008
    Full Name:
    P Licious
    For what it's worth: Next to a Porsche CGT, the Audi RS4 is the most seductive automotive sound on the street. Like the siren scene from O Brother Where Art Thou. I git all loved up. That being said, it does have the unfortunate trait of being an Audi. Buy it well and compensate for everything that goes with it. Yes there's maintenance; yes, there's depreciation. But mile-for-mile and dollar-for-dollar, there's not much that compares (said the happy C43 owner).

3. Oneday

Oneday Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Colorado

4. Nicke

Nicke Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hellsinki
    Full Name:
    Nicke Forsell
    [Rant] You know, I really dislike these kind of threads. An OP asks for a question A and then the thread turns out to "I think car X,Y,Z is better...." That really wasn't the agenda was it? Besides, opinnions are like as*ho**s, everyone has one. Arguing with other peoples opinnions ("I think car X,Y,Z is better....") is pretty useless. If the OP is interested in opinnions, he will ask. [/Rant over]

Don't know the american market at the moment, but here in Europe one should be able to push for 15% discount on used cars.

5. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I am with Nick and I am totally baffled how anyone is spending big money on cars under warranty. I have a lowly A3 and it has been just fine with cordial service from the dealer. FYI, I have a friend with an RS4 for sale under $50K so let me know if you want me to give you his info

6. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I absolutely love mine. I have owned 5 Audis, and I have a great dealer that I work with. I have never had problems with any of the cars. My modified Allroad is still driving around town here owned by a friend, with 125k miles on the clock.

ALL modern cars are complicated and can have issues. A good dealer can make all the difference. For instance, if you are having trouble with warranty work, that is the dealer, not Audi. Audi is one of the highest rated currently, and the RS4 may be about the best car they have ever put together. And let's be sensible here... to even suggest that Audi is unreliable on FERRARICHAT is nutty.

I have a Tubi exhaust, and the sound is one of the best anywhere. Considering that 1775 cars came into the US (another 300 cabriolets) it is pretty rare.

And yes, I think the NEW CTS-V (as opposed to the old one) will be a cool car too. I would love to drive one, as I understand the chassis and entire package are fantastic. But I wanted an Audi, I love the look of the RS4 with the flared fenders. And the RS4 will be had for significantly less money right now. I ordered mine new, so I didn't get any breaks on price. But I have enjoyed two years with it as a daily driver that has been worth every penny spent.

there is a fantastic new one in NC (Leith Audi) red, with red/black two tone (exclusive package) interior. It looks to be one of maybe 3 cars like it made worldwide. Hope your friend finds a good one. He will not be disappointed!

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Why don't you go to the model specific Audi forum and learn more about the car from folks who have them! I love my '09 2.0T TT Coupe..... (upon my dad's death I kept his CTS and got rid of it for an A4...best move I made.)

Carol