R8 V10 buddy for F430 spider | FerrariChat

R8 V10 buddy for F430 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by Morgie, Feb 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    #1 Morgie, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    I received the spec sheet for the V10 R8 today for my dealer as I am second in line. In a few weeks, I will be spec'ing my R8 V10 to share the garage with my F430 Spider and 612 HGTS later this year. Not too many options for the car since most of the desired options on the V8 are now standard on the V10. The reviews of the V10 have been fabulous and I am looking forward to driving it to work (don't drive the F-cars to work, ever!) as an alternative to my E63. I still plan on keeping the F430 Spider, although I have thought about selling it in the spring because I don't drive it that much.

Anyone else getting a R8 V10 this year?

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, I put my order in and hopefully will get it this year. I didn't expect it so soon.

I have the V8 right now and it really is an amazing car. Can't wait for the V10. It seems to be living up to the hype. Audi 560 anyone? ;)

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I was #2 at my dealer but I cancelled my order. The car does not do anything for me, I bought a Gallardo instead.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Poor Lamborghini. The end is near. The Germans killed it.

5. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Its funny that it sounds identical to gallardo.....Audi should tune the sound different.

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    what are they going to sticker at?

7. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    I'm number one at my dealer and put in my order last week. I'm keeping my 430 Spider and trading in my R8. I think it's going to be a great car, how could it not be? The motor is proven in the LP, with Audi fit and finish. I've loved my R8 and can only imagine another 120 ponies.

8. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    #8 arhimede, Feb 11, 2009
    105 ponies...total 525....LP has 560

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    nothing against the R8 or the R10, they are great cars just did not really feel like a sports car to me, just too civil. I'm sure those who buy them will love them.

10. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am getting a gallardo next week. I like the R8 too. Do not break you bones. I am keoing the 360 for now so will be interesting to see which one I drive more.

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im a big audi fan with s4 and a8l but dont understand what theyre doing with r10. r8 makes sense as a discounted gallardo. what is the r10 listing for? why not go for the lp560 instead of r10 if pricing is similar?

12. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

"I was #2 at my dealer but I cancelled my order. The car does not do anything for me, I bought a Gallardo instead."
    Great choice! you can pick up a demo LP 560 for what a new R-8 V-10 is, and its much more car.. I went through this last year when the stealer wanted to rip me off for an R-8 with bought and gallardo instead... I would expect to see the older R-8 prices fall rapidly....

13. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Just because it has solid competition doesn't mean it's "dead" - far from it. Lamborghini is doing better now in terms of sales than at any point in their history, and that's due in large part to the Germans.

For the record, it's going to be called 'R8 V10.' Just like with the other models, the name doesn't change when the engine increases in size. The A8, for instance, doesn't become the A12 when ordered with its 12-cylinder powerplant.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #14 95spiderman, Feb 11, 2009
    how ever they name it, what is $ difference between audi and lambo's v10 cars?

15. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    560 is stickered at some 240k, base on the R8 is something like 150.

Funny, I have only heard video of the R8, but to me the exhaust sounds very different, not as raw as the 560. The Lambo is one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard. With anything audi, the first thing you need is another exhaust, but that is small potatoes.

16. sir-t

sir-t Karting

Sep 24, 2006
    D/A/CH
    Long story short: Audi is sporty, Lambo is raw. Audi can be a DD but the Lambo... I'd doubt it.

I have access to a early slot and will sell off the 430 in spring but I don't think that the R8 can be a replacement.
    Best!

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yes, the v8 version is in mid 150's which makes sense. i think the v10 will be too close to the g $. as far as daily driver goes, theyre both basically the same platform so will be within 10% of each other in daily driver abilities.

18. StuM

StuM Rookie

Aug 2, 2008
    Just picked up an '09 R8 to join my '06 F430 spider and '09 Vantage convt. R8 is a fine ride. Not quit as quick or sporty-raw as the 430, but a nicer overall ride. Can imagine the R8 V10 will be a beast, but not really sure I need that much more out of an already well balanced and great car.
    The Aston is a great overall combo of sporty and comfort, without the real raw aspects of the other two, unless really pushed.

Hard to decide what to drive each day!

Happy Motoring

19. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Agree

20. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Base on the V8 is 119, and most now are selling for 135 and lower. Notice in Ferrariads that there is a new '09 fully optioned and offered at MSRP of 139k. And notice that it is still there. Just like everything else, they are sitting at dealers, new and used. I think the new 560 can be had under 200k, but there is right now still a big price jump from the Audi to the Lambo.

But you are right. By the time the V10 is really out, the 560's will have come down to similar pricing for lightly used ones. Then it becomes a personal preference.

With the V8, I have to admit it was always hard to pass on a used Gallardo at the same price. The V10 is much closer in performance and has the sound to match. Despite being very exotic, the R8 is classy car that slots into the real world with a little less fanfare. It depends on where you work, but it would be almost insulting in this economy for me to show up at work in a Lamborghini, but I could probably get away with an Audi, even a "fancy" one.

A 430 spider and a V10 R8 would be a fantastic combo to own!

21. scifoso tifoso

scifoso tifoso Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2008
    Jupiter, Florida
    Full Name:
    John G
    +1.

The visceral heart-pumping sensation you get when you turn the key on your rampante will never equal a lambo/audi chassis. I give respect and credit to both platforms, and their coachbuilders, but c'mon folks, "Its Not a Ferrari!"

;-)

22. LarryF

LarryF Karting

May 28, 2008
    I too have the V10 on order. The boys at Audiworld R8 forum used the UK site to build one and loaded came at around 164k USD. Seeing that most dealerships are going for market adjustment upon delivery, who knows the final tag but based on when the V8 came out, figure 10-20k over MSRP.

23. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

"But you are right. By the time the V10 is really out, the 560's will have come down to similar pricing for lightly used ones. Then it becomes a personal preference."
    You can pick up a demo 560 for now for less than the R8-V10, and its much more car....thats why i refused to give the stealer his markup. on the R8-V8..stupid money....

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    But couldnt justify lack of performance vs F car and GTR. I went for the GTR as I could get one at launch last year. Am now debating the F430 or Lambo, although the GTR is 1/2 the price and quicker in many aspects.
    Cant warm up to a $160+ Audi when F and Lambo's are in line.

25. scifoso tifoso

scifoso tifoso Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2008
    Jupiter, Florida
    Full Name:
    John G
    i love it how everyone shops for an exotic based purely on specifications. Reality dictates that EVERY car you look at will have TOO much power to do your average 45-75mph around town jaunts. Comparing a Ferrari to a Nissan is ridiculous. Nissan is something you drive, and honestly will enjoy driving. Hell, Jeremy Clarkson even pulled his neck in Japan driving his.

Ferrari is a lifestyle, Enzo said it himself. Its not just a car.

The nissan can and will get lost in a crowd, but a Ferrari going down the street will command respect, even if you are not using all of its BHP.

fwiw.