Euro QV at FOA | FerrariChat

Euro QV at FOA

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Drew Altemara, Feb 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
  2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I did not know that a 308 had a 4.7 liter engine??? Will you checkin on this?

3. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Stunning Car! Is it time to start thinking about building another garage? LOL

Ciao,
    George

4. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Tom, thanks for the heads up. We caught it yesterday so should have it fixed today. It's a nice 308 with very low miles and a fresh service. The interior Is in very nice shape. The exterior has some minor, very repairable blemishes. A door ding here and there and a hood prop issue that Pirkle can fix. I would say this is a neat starter Ferrari that needs very little attention at a low price.

5. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    I have been thinking about a starter ferrari instead of a 930. what the history on this one? My wife and I may stop by this afternoon after we look at a 930 in Alpharetta.

6. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Charles, we purchased the car from a doctor out of Vicksburg, MS. who had serviced the car with us for years. No stories to report other than it's a straight car with a fresh service. Come on by as we are here until 5pm. Best, Will

7. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Interesting. I stopped by FoA today and the salesman (Dave? I think) said that the '85 308 was from the dealership owner's personal collection.

Either way, I agree with Will's assessment of the car's condition. I'm not a 308 expert... just an admirer. But it looked pretty well sorted out with the exception of the "here or there" minor cosmetic item. Of course, I just looked at it so I can't speak to the mechanicals. Driver's seat side bolster was looking like it needed a tad bit of refreshing. Euro bumpers definitely make it look pretty slick...!

Mike

8. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    we stopped by and it is a nice looking car.

9. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR

Charles...........DO IT.......... you know you want to!

10. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Why don't it have the 16"QV wheels? Was that US only that had 16" wheels?

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Most all the Euro cars had metric rims.

12. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks ... I did not know. That would be the first thing to change on the list if it were mine.

13. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes I saw that car yesterday at FoA, its a REALLY nice 308. Also saw a Rosso Rubino 575 Superamerica that was gorgeous.

14. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    yea i want a bunch of cars. looked at two 930s this past week. price of those keep dropping.

I ran across a 65 sunbeam tiger that I'm thinking about givng up the tr6 for.

what are the disadvanteges / advantages of 308 euro vs us car? emmisions, wheels, epa/dot conversison quality, euro bumpers look better....?

15. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    #15 Drew Altemara, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    It looks like the car has been partially federalized; seatbelt light in dash, mph speedo, and I think side markers. Wonder if it has cats and/or air injection. If not it would have to be an out of state sale huh?

16. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    I asked if it had cats and they were not sure. being 25 yrs old next year it wouldn't matter for ATL as it is exempt from inspection.

17. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    You need to do a search, this has been discussed a lot. But some of the differences are, euro has a higher compression ratio, is about 287 lbs. lighter than US version, has smaller side mirrors and recessed bumpers. 0-60 for euro is 5.9, while the US version is 7.4.

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Somebody besides the factory painted the bottom of the front spoiler black

19. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Car passed emissions yesterday. We have a deposit on the car so we will see what happens. Lots of interest. Think I need to do more 308/328 inventory provided I can find more nice ones.

20. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Will, it was a nice car wish I could have driven it. Scott called me a little while ago and told me it was sold. I know alot of guys / gals have a much bigger budget than I to buy the newer ones, but you may have a good opportuinity finding nice "starter" cars for guys that don't have super big budgets but want to have multiple toys. This may also open up the door to cater to some more enthusiasts.

21. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    I agree and think there is a strong market for nice, older 308/328 Ferrari cars. We're looking and will take our time with them. Keep an eye on our website as they will end up there when we buy them. Hope everyone has a great weekend out driving their cars.

22. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #22 thecarreaper, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i have a euro 308 QV GTB for sale. i am in Savannah. $35,000. i have added 16 inch wheels, and have the service records. pm me if you need info.

my car has the EPA, DOT and US Customs papers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login