$$$$ women or 360/430 F car | Page 8 | FerrariChat

$$$$ women or 360/430 F car

Discussion in '360/430' started by stitcher, Feb 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
    Check the link attached to my earlier post...

2. 720EC

720EC Karting

Dec 24, 2004
    New York & OC
    Full Name:
    Scuderia
  3. RogerLee

RogerLee Rookie

Dec 3, 2008
    Jax Beach, Florida
    The article makes good points. Women obviously do seek out the Alpha male, in which an expensive car would likely make them appear to have a higher status in society.

The study is flawed imo because they compare the same men next to a different car. It's like saying would you want a $1 bill with your icecream or a $100. I know where the other study is, I'm just too lazy to get it off my other computer as it's downloaded in .pdf.

It's a whole study on the psyche of females and attraction.

If I were to take a girl out for a first date, I'd take my Jeep, not the Ferrari just for obvious reasons anyways. :)

4. RogerLee

RogerLee Rookie

Dec 3, 2008
    Jax Beach, Florida
    I'd still pick the Ferrari tho!

5. stuka

stuka Rookie

Feb 19, 2006
    Houston
    This is so true. Young, hot women lawyers in big law firms making 200K at a tender age of 24 have problems dating. Most average guys just can't handle dating girl their age making mutiples of what they make.

Back when I was single, I picked up girls on the first three dates in my BMW E30 with broken passenger window switch and broken AC. The few that made it past the third date got to see the 996 Turbo.

The LOL thing is, the mrs figured out on our first date that I must have another car because I kept talking about Sears Point, Laguna Seca, etc where I tracked my car.

Anyway, with the recent drop in the 360 market, I am hanging out a lot here to watch what people's experiences are with running the 360 as a DD. I have been DD'ing my GT2, and am on schedule to put 36K on it by the time I give it back to PFS. We almost bought the 355 back when we were looking, and got the GT2 after it was determined that the running cost of a 355 is equal to too many Ferragamo shoes and bags given the same amount of miles as a GT2.

6. BrokeJoke

BrokeJoke Rookie

Feb 7, 2009
    Wow, this is the best thing I've read in a long time. Just so you know I'm going to use it with some of my investors.

7. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Some really great replies on this thread, lots of perspective & opinions, good stuff.

Call it poetic, but: The woman who is impressed with your having a Ferarri....is the woman you may want to spend a night with. The woman who doesn't care that you own a Ferrari....is the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I've found that most woman with college educations and a sense of success have a tendency to look at a Ferrari and want to ask the owner "who are you trying to impress?". The flashy lures attract the game fish, eh? :)

As far as owning....to each their own. I've long subscribed to the RayJohn school of thought: if you can't afford to buy the car, then there's your answer...you can't afford it. Sure, people will talk about how they can invest the money elsewhere and make more then the loan or lease payment...but it smacks of rationalization.

I think a Ferrari can be appreciated on several levels, you can appreciate the divine beauty in the design, you can certainly appreciate the way is handles and especially sounds, and you can also appreciate it as a long-sought piece of mechanical wonder that you own. Owning it means it's yours. Leasing is like renting with a down-payment...you get the right to use it, but you don't own it. I own my Ferrari and I feel the pride of someone who made a long & difficult ascent of a mountain, step by step with hard work and determination. The T-funder's and inheritance boys, they got to the top of that same mountain too, but they were flown up by a helicopter, they get the same view but the sense of appreciation and accomplishment just isn't be there. Leasing is generally a way of getting into something that you otherwise can't afford, sorta the same way we got into this whole financial crisis, but hey, some middleman is now making money on ya too, but it sure looks good in the garage.

At the same time, maybe the leveraged guys have more fun, get more out of life and we should just throw caution into the wind and live for the moment. Life is peculiar like that...

8. 355430

355430 Rookie

Jan 6, 2009
    Hong Kong

i wonder what are u going to do with the car then? u can't just drive around city for entertainment on all saturday nights right?

it's not a good idea u can only bring ur date to mcdonalds in ur ferrari...

if u only have 3k to spend... i suggest u should save it up... and maybe buy a new watch to urself once a while... i guess that's it...