veyron gearbox replacement | FerrariChat

veyron gearbox replacement

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by lamborghini82, Apr 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lamborghini82

lamborghini82 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 29, 2007
    Hi
    I got several informations about the veyron gearbox. I was told that the gearbox was replaced in a test veyron of the factory as some french journalists have damaged it. Furthermore there was a owner whose gearbox also need a replacement after very low mileages. So i thought this gearbox is the best one ever made and VW also tested it for thousands of miles but why are there now these problems? Maybe here are some friends of owners inside who can tell something more about it. Do you know more about veyrons who still need a gearbox replacement?

Thanks a lot

2. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I know a lot more than I'll post... suffice to say that Bugatti will 100% warrant the gearbox; and it is incredibly robust. Under normal, and hard driving experiences, owners should have zero issues.

Each car is delivered with roughly 250 miles of through testing.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That's because journalists break things.

You're welcome!

4. lamborghini82

lamborghini82 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 29, 2007
    but why are there some problems is this based on much more than hard driving experiences or even because of some failures caused by the factory maybe you know why there are some gearbox still damaged. Is this because of owners failures or of some part failures?
    Thanks a lot

5. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    With a DSG box, you'd have to really try to break something.

Guess it's bogus, isn't it made in UK ? That would explain it all.

6. brunner

brunner Karting

May 3, 2004
    Romania
    Full Name:
    C. Salagean
    I'm having a hard time following your post, but I guess your question is 'Why are there some problems'. Well, because sh*t happens, things break sometimes, especially when abused, no matter how well designed.

7. lamborghini82

lamborghini82 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 29, 2007
    if you are takling about informations of the owners books i also got it but i mean really experiences nothing claimed by the factory.
    Thanks

8. Rytt

Rytt Karting
    BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
    I-town
    Full Name:
    Badda-Boom
    u own a veyron or am i reading it wrong?

9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I think you've read it wrong.

I've not heard of any cases other than the one you mentioned of gearbox failure.