F430 or 360 CS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 or 360 CS

Discussion in '360/430' started by djfrens, Apr 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    That's a pretty strong statement ..... but, you'll get no argument from me :D

G

2. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    There was a very interesting article comparing the CS to a Scuderia in last month's FORZA.

If you can find a copy, it has some very useful info.

3. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Two quite different cars, one being a race car for the road, the other being quicker more civilized for everyday use. Both have pros and cons, if its a weekend toy I say the CS, if its a usable sometimes everday car I say the 430. There is a big jump in technology between the two which also needs to be considered. As for the carbon brakes, I know a 430 spider that did over 250 laps of a track, hard use and no problems were experienced and the brake pads didnt need to be replaced.

4. djfrens

djfrens Formula 3

Jan 9, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Does anyone have a copy?

Let me know

Thanks for all the info

Frans

5. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If you can't find one I can scan it for you sometime
    Let me know

6. Racerboy

Racerboy Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Bay Area
    Other members would appreciate you scanning and posting! ;)

7. YearOne

YearOne Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Henry Fletcher
    Can't comment on the Enzo but the F40 is THE most entertaining road car ever! I love my CS, they are amazing, but the F40 is so alive and all that turbo power mmmm

8. djfrens

djfrens Formula 3

Jan 9, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Please do!

Thanks again

It will be appriciated when you place it here....

Greetings

Frans

9. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
  10. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thank you Barrister!

11. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    My father just made the change from a 355 F1 GTB to a F430 6-Speed. Here is the thread of the F430: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238636

He was looking at both the CS and F430 as well, but wanted the more comfort, torque, and manual gearbox you get from the F430. Being in both the 355 and 430, I will say nothing compares to the 355's but the F430 does have a beautiful exhaust note in Sport/Race modes especially. I have never been a 360CS but the design from that car is one of my favorite F-cars ever made from the looks and exhaust note. Personally, it is all up to you. The best I can say is.....DRIVE THEM! Try to find a 6-Speed F430 to drive. It really is A LOT of fun and makes it a even better weekend car. Hope you find your gem, Blake

12. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Have you ever driven a Enzo or F40? Not questioning you, but that is a VERY strong statement as someone else has said...

13. Darthvader

Darthvader Karting

Jan 14, 2006
    new york
    I have driven both cars quite a few times, both on the street and on the race track.

14. yobgreen88

yobgreen88 Karting

Oct 2, 2008
    Fort Myers FL
    Full Name:
    Branden Green
    No offense man but one look at emena's profile would have answered that question for you... though I do agree that it is an astonishing statement... Awesome collection btw Enema!!!

15. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Wow, do I feel embarrassed. Didn't even bother to look at his profile and would like to apologize. Next time I will look before saying anything. Amazing collection Enema. Sorry if I said anything that you took offense to. I truly apologize.

16. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    Anyone can post a profile. I thought your question was a legitimate one. Don't be so quick to fall all over yourself apologizing.

I'm not questioning emena. I'm just saying that if we all dropped our inquiries because someone posts a nice garage in their profile we wouldn't have much of a forum.

17. Darthvader

Darthvader Karting

Jan 14, 2006
    new york
    There is no need to apologize at all.
    I also agree your's was a legitimate question.
    I only tried to convey my experience, but I am sure there are a lot of
    people that will disagree with me. I respect that.
    After all this forum is all about this, people expressing their views.
    Thanks for the comments on my cars.

18. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    I have a CS and Enzo. I'm not sure I'd always take the CS over the Enzo on a drive when they are both sitting next to each other!

I can drive the CS faster on very tight roads because of the shorter wheelbase, and its sound is more stimulating than the Enzo. I call the CS a "baby Enzo" because it was made at the same time, shares many parts, and does nearly everything the same except acceleration and it's a weaker people magnet.

BTW, the people I know who collect Ferraris (i.e., 10 or more cars) MUST have a CS in their collection and the ones I've spoken to say it's one of their favorite Ferraris. It's a great car for the street. The Enzo is a little too powerful for the street as you can't really get into the power for more than a few seconds.

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's good to hear and what I've always thought just by the insight owners have provided. I'd like it to be my first Ferrari and think it looks better than the F430 and the 360.

20. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    interesting. typical auto journalist dribble designed to sell the new product while still heralding the virtues of the inferior product. but interesting, nonetheless.

21. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    +1

22. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    The F430 is more beautiful, will get you more girls, so much more exclusive and will only increase in value!!

:D

seriously CS is a fantastic car. needs smooth roads to full appreciate it, unlike the F430 which can handle crappy roads better. the low-end tourqe on the F430 is addicting though. CS can make up for that somewhat by keeping the revs up.

no way the CS is better than the F40, I'm not buying that! The CS is crazy but the F40 is just insane

23. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Believe it or not back in '06 I was offered a Stradale in Rosso Scuderia with the typical red and black suede interior for $178k and they were open to offers, they just got the car in with 7k miles. I declined the offer and bought the F430 instead because I didn't feel ok with the replacement costs involved with the carbon ceramics and the little headaches of the F1 that I had experienced on my 360.

24. jwbest

jwbest Rookie

Oct 14, 2008
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Walt
    Should a '06 F430 cost $10k less than a '04 360CS (both similar miles and F1)?

25. Comprador

Comprador Karting

Feb 4, 2009
    Boston MA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Just this week I have seen 06 430's with 10K mi dropping below where I could buy a CS with similar mileage.. by a few thou $
    IMO, the CS will stay just slightly at a premium over the 430's for now and in 10 yrs will trade a larger premium to them