Help shipping car to Europe | FerrariChat

Help shipping car to Europe

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by fortee9er, Jun 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fortee9er

fortee9er Karting

Jun 28, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jorge Garcia
    I sold a car to someone in The Netherlands and the shipping company is telling the buyer that the car's title needs to be transferred to him in order for the car to be shipped into The Netherlands. I didn't transferred the title to my name because I put it up for sale immediately after I bought it so I was selling it with an open title. I am not a car dealer so I am not familiar with the protocols involved in trans-Atlantic car sales and shipping.
    Could some of you who are familiar with buying and selling cars overseas please help me.
    Thanks
    Jorge

2. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Jorge,
    I think all you would need to do is sell the car to your buyer on a notarized bill of sale, done deal, its in his name.
    If you have other questions please feel free to email me off line at [email protected].
    Ciao,
    FGM

I sold a car to someone in The Netherlands and the shipping company is telling the buyer that the car's title needs to be transferred to him in order for the car to be shipped into The Netherlands.
    Could some of you who are familiar with buying and selling cars overseas please help me.
    Thanks
    Jorge

3. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I just shipped a car to Denmark and had to transfer the title first. In order for the other party to collect the car, they had to prove they owned it. It was a pretty simple affair of going to the DMV and filling out a form and paying a small fee (I think $75).

4. s420merc

s420merc Rookie

Dec 7, 2003
    are u going to ship in a container or RORO