2011 Ferrari Enzo II | FerrariChat

2011 Ferrari Enzo II

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by adlassing, Jul 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. adlassing

adlassing Karting

May 13, 2008
    Pittsburgh & Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #1 adlassing, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If this shouldn't be in here please move it to the correct location.

Found this article on the net. Dont know if it got posted yet or not but I couldn't find it if it did.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ferrari-enzo.html

Illustrated: 2011 Ferrari Enzo II
    05/13/2009, 3:22 PM
    By Andrew Ganz

Considered by many enthusiasts as the ultimate modern Ferrari, the limited-edition Enzo’s replacement will be a tough act to follow up for the Italian automaker. The second-generation Enzo, also named after the marque’s illustrious founder, promises to take performance – and, surprisingly, efficiency – to a new level.

Like the original Enzo, the car’s successor will be a range-topping supercar aimed at immortalizing the legendary founder of the brand. Available only to select current Ferrari owners, the next-generation Enzo will serve as the brand’s performance and technology showcase.

Based – at least in concept – on the Ferrari Millechili show car (though the production Enzo replacement won’t carry that name), the performance car will be loaded with the technology learned from years of Formula 1 experience.

Expected to be powered by a mid-mounted V8 engine, rather than the Maserati-based V12 that motivated the Enzo, power should easily exceed 700 horsepower. Though fuel efficiency is hardly a Ferrari selling point, the car must conform to more recent European Union standards, meaning a new emphasis has been placed on reducing consumption. It has been rumored that Ferrari will use twin-turbocharging to make the most out of a smaller-displacement (think under 6 liters) V8 engine.

Key to addressing the fuel economy issue is a significant weight and size reduction, which should bring the car well down from the just-over 3,000 lbs. of its predecessor; rumors out of Ferrari’s Maranello headquarters indicate that weight could approach 2,200 lbs. Improved aerodynamics, including adjustable front and rear spoilers, will not only help the new Enzo stick to the road at maximum speeds, but it will also ensure reduced fuel consumption.

Its platform could go one of two ways: Either a heavily-modified version of the FXX race car’s architecture – itself a variation of the road-going Enzo – or a slightly longer derivative of the F430’s aluminum space frame.

Production will probably be at least as limited as the original Enzo, meaning no more than 400 of the 1 million Euro-plus supercars will emerge from Maranello when it goes on sale in over a year’s time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Kangiboy

Kangiboy Rookie

Jun 9, 2009
    Thanks, but it is a repost.We have many threads here dealing with the Successor of Enzo.

Anyway, I do not like the design.

3. adlassing

adlassing Karting

May 13, 2008
    Pittsburgh & Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Sorry...I figured someone already posted it. Usually I'm too late. I searched everywhere and couldn't find it.

Ohh well.

Anyway, yeah to each his own...I have mixed feelings on it....I think it follows the F60 to closely...I'd like to see a bigger jump in body lines, something different. Time will tell.

Thanks

4. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I like it thanks for the post

5. ejc0930

ejc0930 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Ethan Clark
    I'm a really big fan, hadn't seen pictures of it before.

6. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    "Maserati-based V12 that motivated the Enzo"

Nice credibility.

7. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I saw that, too, and it was a curious quote.

I like the design. In order to get 700 HP out of a V-8, I am guessing that there are turbos or superchargers in the engine bay.

8. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    1) The F60 is this year's F1 car, and nothing else. The car you are referring to is the Enzo.

2) These renderings are just an artists imagination. Especially this early when probably Ferrari themselves don't know how the car will look like, any drawing magazines print to boost their sales are just that - drawings to boost the sales. Nothing more, especially not renditions of the real car.

9. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The article does mention twin turbocharged but you don't need turbos to get 700hp out of a V8 (you need displacement plus revs or just lots of revs!).

10. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    Yeah this topic has been pretty much beat to death.

If it's a V8 it better be priced accordingly. $500k max. If they are asking closer to $1million (without markup) for the enzo successor, and I was a prospective buyer, I would sure as hell hope for something more extravagant than a FI 8 cylinder. Now a FI 12 or 10 would be interesting.

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Doubt it will look anything like that. It's too similar to the Enzo. I think it will appear completely different just like the range from F40>F50>Enzo>???

12. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I agree, I recall seeing speculation pictures of what the f50/Enzo were supposed tolook like before they came out, and the mags were always nowhere close.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It's a bad PS of the Enzo and the rear of the California.

14. Cartist

Cartist Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2006
    Grapevine, TX
    Full Name:
    Omar
    A production Ferrari V10 would be great to see; smaller/leaner engine using that secret valve train tech that the FXX has (pneumatic valves?) to make that high-pitched wail.

15. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks like somebody's Enzo kit car. Awful!

_J

16. Eau Red

Eau Red Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Does a limited production car like this truly have to meet any European gas mileage standards? I'd guess there is some minimum production number, at which the future standards don't apply? Or maybe some kind of "fleet average" thing like we have in the US?

17. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

lol...true! they managed to make it uglier than the enzo 1. no easy task!!!

18. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    What's the gas standard? I would assume that they would be exempted or they would pay a tax penalty.

19. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    FXX runs pneumatic valves????!!!!!

20. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    They should use a 2.4 liter V8 with a limiter at 19,000 rpm :D

21. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    LMAO!!!! :D :D :D

Just make sure there are no dogs within a 5 mile radius!!! :D

-G.B.

22. FerrariF1v12

BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    same rev principle but a 6L V12..@ 15k...possible to have this production ready with the pneumatic valves..could probably get more revs and still be street ready.

23. GioGt4

GioGt4 Rookie

Dec 2, 2008
    New York
    Full Name:
    Giovanni DiMento
    I like the new design, it makes look alot more sportier.

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Car won't be very drivable at all on the roads due to too little power low down.

15K rpm is pointless in a road car. Have it limited at 8.5K and have a huge powerband makes the car way more fun to drive.

25. FerrariF1v12

BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    twin turbos should help that.superchargers even more for the down low.but peak HP is at best interest and the TTs suite the motor better.