Cleveland Cars & Coffee | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Cleveland Cars & Coffee

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by blackforestauto, Apr 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #301 blackforestauto, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    Well, if it wasn't legendary, it was close! The weather was near perfect, all of the rumored attendees were there, and there was a great assortment of truly excellent cars. Thanks to all for bringing them out!

Another observation, which may fall into the category of shameless self-congratulation, so forgive me if it does. Late yesterday or early today, this thread exceeded 10,000 views - the ONLY active North Central Region thread to do that besides the "spotters" threads and the perennially popular "Sultan of Michigan". Not bad considering the original question of whether there was enough interest in Cleveland to do C&C...again, thanks to all.

Bob

2. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    We ended up going on an impromptu drive at about 11am.....had over 10 cars, led by Tim, and it was fabulous.....ended up having lunch at Fisher's in Peninsula.

SOOO, on the way back, coming north out of Peninsula on Riverview, Ali and I passed 10+ Lotus Elises, exiges, and Caterhams. I ended up going back to Peninsula but didn't find them. Who is this club and how do we get the elusive Lotus crowd out to C&C? Would've been nice to have them on the drive....nice caravan of over 20 cars.

3. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    By the way, Ed, what happened to you? I thought you were coming on the drive?

4. Goliath27

Goliath27 Karting

May 22, 2009
    Lakewood
    Full Name:
    ALi
    Kudos Bob! Sorry I didn't find you at the meet, I was running late as usual lol.

That was a great surprise, I never expected to see another caravan like that while in part of our own. Man I wish I could of ate with you guys, at the next one for sure. And I loved this ride, great route and let's try to keep it traditional haha.

ALi

5. TimCantwell

TimCantwell Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    NE Ohio, Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Tim Cantwell
    Thanks for the great pics Doug. And thanks for the awesome idea to take a drive through the valley for lunch. What a day!!!!

6. Goliath27

Goliath27 Karting

May 22, 2009
    Lakewood
    Full Name:
    ALi
    Check This

Camel Spider lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQQp6viOTKc

ALi

7. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #308 carguy98, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  8. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Loser. The worst thing about all that is I must have gotten bitten in my sleep or something because I didn't notice the bite until a few days later. And then I just thought it was a bug bite. Until my arm was the size of Mike Tyson's and all red.

9. Goliath27

Goliath27 Karting

May 22, 2009
    Lakewood
    Full Name:
    ALi
    Are you trying to say you wanna fight Mike? lol those things make regular spiders look like butterflies.

ALi

10. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.

That was the Cleveland area chapter of the national Lotus club. "Cleveland Area Lotus, Ltd.," chapter of Lotus Ltd. The Cleveland site is www.calotus.com. There are a couple of guys from there who have shown up to Cars & Coffee. Ron with the Europa is one; I think an Elise guy might have at some point.

They were on a wine tour or some such thing yesterday. A couple of weeks ago, I had personally invited several people I knew from the club, and they told me that's where they'd be.

It was nice to finally meet you, Doug!

- TK

11. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    It was nice to see/meet everyone again. I hope the weather is good a couple more times . . .

GRANT -- I didn't really get a chance to talk to you . . . don't leave so early next time!!! Several of us wanted to chat but you were gone! Nice photos, btw... :)

- TK

12. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Tony,

Next time, I promise I'll stay longer. Do you think that you'll come to the next event?

And thanks! :)

--Grant

13. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Thread Bump -

Cars & Coffee this Saturday October 3rd

same time, same place

14. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Weather forecast is high 50s, 40% chance of scattered showers, and somewhat windy...sounds like October in Cleveland. How many hearty souls are out there?

Bob

15. Miro

Miro Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Westlake, Oh
    I won't be able to make it. Instead of being cold and talking cars I'll be cold and watching my kids play soccer & hockey.

16. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    My dad says we might go tomorrow. He says that we'll decide once we see what it looks like outside tomorrow morning. :)

--Grant

17. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have to go to a hockey game tomorrow morning too.

18. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Sorry folks; I'm back in Toledo. Took the 944 instead of 308 to Cleveland today because of the nasty weather; this evening, weather wasn't looking good for Sat. morning at the time I left, so I just went back home. Hope it's clear and dry in two weeks . . . . :)

19. Miro

Miro Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Westlake, Oh
    We were at the Baron's rink. Where were you?

20. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    So, who went yesterday? I know someone on 6speed was going to try and bring their Viper...

Sorry that my dad and I didn't come... My dad said that we will go to at least one more this year, if the weather cooperates.

Did anyone take any pics?

--Grant

21. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Winterhurst @ 9:30, won 4 - 3. My son is 8 years old and a 3rd year mite goalie. How bout you?

I went C & C on the way home, there was still a silver Audi, White E30 BMW and the light blue Maserati spyder.

22. Miro

Miro Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Westlake, Oh
    My son is on the 96 Baron's team, beat Compuware twice this weekend.

Hopefully the weather will be better for the next CC&C!

23. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Hey guys.....in the absence of a website, I created a Facebook group for Cleveland C&C....maybe this will help us make it through the winter when we have to park our cars in the garage.....if you're on there join up, upload pictures, whatever!

24. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Damn you...up to now, I've successfully avoided the whole "social networking" phenomenon...now I may have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century...

Bob