Fantastic exhausts for all and a competitor to larini, tubi etc... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fantastic exhausts for all and a competitor to larini, tubi etc...

Discussion in '308/328' started by Marco Bussadori, Aug 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    I am: Already emailed them for a quote on a '90 T cabriolet shipped to states/CA

2. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I've emailed them for a quote also. Interesting. They have a new website at www.nouvalari.com

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Great price. Look nice!
    Average sound.

4. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Marco,

Can you elaborate on the cats? They look like the spiral wound cores like used in hyperflows, rather than the usual square grid.

Thansk in advance, Dave

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Marco, What's the relationship between Nuvolari and P.D. Gough?
    I recently bought a 308 QV exhaust by PD Gough and am thoroughly impressed by it's construction. I haven't installed it yet, however, It's much heavier gauge SS than other SS mufflers like the Tubi, so more likely to have a smooth buzz free sound like my original ANSA.

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A sound clip would be nice:)

7. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    #32 Nurburgringer, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    So let's summarize. The Brits have at least 3 'cottage industry' stainless 308 exhaust choices, while in the US we can only import Tubi/Larini/Stebro for $3000+ or go crawling with our hands out to the limeys.

UK exhuasts, including shipping to the US at 1.63 USD/GBP:

Superformance http://www.superformance.co.uk/a-308/exhausts.htm
    QV:575 GBP = $937 + shipping (about $100?) can anyone confirm this fits US QVs, and has no cats?
    GTB single outlet: 599 GBP

PD Gough http://www.pdgough.com/
    QV: $? (Verell?) Does this have cats?
    2V GTB: £550 plus £75 shipped to US per 8KRedRacer = $1018 (he paid $800 at 1.4 GBP/$!)

Nuvolari http://www.nouvalari.com/
    QV: ?
    2V: ?

8. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    #33 Verell, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    My car is an '82 Euro QV so no cats. According to P.D. Gough's web site they can supply all the 3x8 muffler varients.

My price isn't relevant as I bought it on eBAY from Timevalve Manufacturing Co. They had bought it from P.D. Gough for competetive analysis, then it sat on their shelf for several years before they put it up on eBAY to get rid of it.

Timevalve is a US exhaust 'cottage industry' that makes aftermarket SS mufflers for Ferraris:
    http://www.timevalve.com/

I haven't discussed price with them, but they list all the 308 varients, so might be worth looking into.

9. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    £850.00 delivered to my front door in CA.

I asked for 'stock tips' and they said that would be extra. Theirs are 21/2 inch diameter, which I'm thinking are about correct, but don't know what they look like.

10. fastfred

fastfred Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    antioch calif.
    Full Name:
    fred pedersen
    i just received a e-mail from them also for my 1988 328 GTS and i received the same price to east bay Calif.(850) thats less than any used that i have seen in a while....and this is new stuff and my exhaust has seen better days(its time to replace it)..........(its almost to good to be true?)

11. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    what kind of tips did they offer?

and

hmmm, too good to be true, where have I heard that before.....however, Marco has never done evil

12. fastfred

fastfred Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    antioch calif.
    Full Name:
    fred pedersen
    i did not talk tips in the e-mail i sent but i did ask about the 2 kinds of 328 exhausts they offer on there web site one has 2 tips on each side and one has 1 tip on each side on my 2nd reply to them and i'm waiting for a reply back from them now on that.....

13. Marco Bussadori

Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    They are just a titch wider than stock, but look good. They have an insert on the inside to match it to the internal pipe.

I am happy to facilitate in the event of issues. I am 2.5 hours away from them and now know them well.

I have had their exhaust in for about 6 weeks, in rain and shine no staining of the unit, except a tiny bit of blueing at the inlet pipe (which is expected from the heat).

I absolutely love the sound, a "vvvvwwwwooofffff" when revving and sounds literally like a 355 when accelerating in a tunnel, really great!

You will not regret the unit! And when you do get it, fit it and love it let us know about it... It is not "too good to be true" but more like everything else was "too much of a rip-off" and these guys can show why...

Marco

14. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #39 SonomaRik, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks Marco: The involvement you have made helps the Mondial series stay updated and viable.

Received two pics of the product from them, I believe the more shiny version is your installed piece.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Marco Bussadori

Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    Those are the pictures of my unit, we took them as before they installed them, so I can guarantee they fit...

This is a stock car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-q_uAoqvVs&feature=related
    This is the new exhaust in mine in a garage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMQpdy7ExCU
    And mine in the open http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64ANu-ddjQ

The cats are home made ones with Magnacore 100 CEL metallic cores (about a hundred bucks each) with my own EGT sensor connected to my home made cat ECU's that flash the slow downs at 650 deg C and put a steady on at 700 C as per the manual, though even when I track her, they never come on...

Marco

16. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    just had another email from them and I would not change my Cats, as exhaust if post cats. so, looks good to go.

17. Nick

Nick Formula Junior
    Sponsor Professional Ferrari Technician

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    #42 Nick, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Philip Barnard-Browwn

Feb 25, 2007
    london.
    Full Name:
    Philip Barnard-Brown
  19. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
  20. sinbad

sinbad Rookie

Nov 1, 2009
    Venice Beach
    I am new on this site. Just joint recently after buying my first Ferrari, '75 308 GT4. I have been looking for a new exhaust system, and didn't like any of them. Thanks to this posting, and Marco, how happens to be a guiniuose for discovering such a great sounding exhaust. I will be placing an order on Friday for exhaust and headers. I will post a video as soon as I install it.

21. marc.l

marc.l Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    I have a city house in Nottingham were they are made. I went for a full system from them with s/steel headers and was realy pleased with it and it sound great as well. I picked it up (well my mate did) and got it all for a bargin price.
    do you guys need a sound clip ?

22. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    YES we do, thanks:)

23. marc.l

marc.l Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5s8c_xSy9o

A quick video but didnt work very well due to it blowing a coastal gale. Its not missing by the way my daughter took it on her mobile and the mike is not the best.
    will do beter next time :)

24. rolindsay

rolindsay Formula 3

Jul 14, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick Lindsay
    Thank you! Complements to your young videographer! :)

-rick / houston, tx / '79 308GTB, also dry sump but with factory exhaust - and envious of your exhaust...

25. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Hi Marc.
    Thanks for the clip. It sounds fantastic! I hope to buy a Nouvalari muffler soon.
    About Nottingham, I was born there! Now I'm living in Spain for more than 35 years...

Regards