355 spider value | FerrariChat

355 spider value

Discussion in '348/355' started by Orthoferrari, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Orthoferrari

Orthoferrari Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Clearwater, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Any thoughts on what my very clean 355 spider red/ black with 13,000 miles and major done 10/2007 is worth. Dealers have been giving me quotes of 35-40 on trade with them going for 45-50 retail. Any thoughts. Has the 355 market gone that far down?

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    sounds about right. And considering it's almost november selling now could be even more challenging...

3. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    It really depends on the condition and how many bugs have been worked out. A thorough PPI with compression, leak-down should give a fair account of the engine condition. I would think a solid PPI and unabused condition .......... $60k would be a fair price.

4. roadracer311

roadracer311 Formula 3

May 6, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think the $45k to $50k retail is low, if the car passes a PPI/leak down. I would say $55k depending on the year, over all condition and how much time you are willing to put into selling it. Maybe as much as $60k if it's had recent cats, or headers, or valve guides done. Not that ebay reflects the real world, but you can look up completed sales there and see what the prices are for folks who have sold them recently. Prices on ebay tend to run a little low, because the ebay price is the sell-it-in-a-week price. Or sometimes the cars get listed over and over at lower prices until they hit the sell-it-in-a-week-price.

I've been researching purchasing a 355 for about a year now, so I've been following the market closely.

5. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    What year is the car?

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1....when is it due for a major? Were the valve guides sorted?

7. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    That may be the market, but I think it is a little low. I can tell you that I would not part with my car for that little. But I don't have to sell it.

That's the big problem. The market is so low, that it is hard finding a buyer at any price. If you are having a fire sale, it is going to be ugly.

8. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    #8 marcello2, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    In a word yes.and its due for a major in one year.I love it at 35. Hate it at 40.PM me if interested in selling

9. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

35-40 trade?

45-50 retail?

That is insanity.

It's certainly nowhere near the market for top-level 355s Spider. Maybe for sh*t ones. And we all know there's a lot of sh*t out there.

10. Orthoferrari

Orthoferrari Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Clearwater, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This is not a poor one.
    1. It is excellent shape
    2. It has low mileage(under 14,00)
    3. The interior is in excellent shape with no wear or shrinkage, top works great and is in as new shape
    4. It has hypertech cats and a brand new Capristio exhaust
    5. The major was done 10/07 so it has 3 years left not 1. The clutch was replaced in 04
    6. It has brand new Goodyear F1 tires
    7. It is a very late 95(stamped September 95) and according to my mechanic theses issues were already taken care of.
    8. It was just checked and inspected by Ferrari of Tampa bay 6 months ago.
    Only negatives, it has minor scrapes under the nose and I don't have the owners manual.
    I don't have to sell it, I just get bored with cars a lot. I just don't have room in my garage for any more cars. If I have to I will just keep it, I am not going to take any lowball offers as it is one of the nicest 355's you will find.

11. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Your right. Those numbers are way off. That car is worth close to 60 and maybe better.

12. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    PM sent 35k that's it.Offer good for 24 hrs

13. Orthoferrari

Orthoferrari Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Clearwater, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
  14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OK, data gathered, Marcello is turning this one into a farce.

thread closed,

DM