Official book collectors thread | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #401 Martin308GTB, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    I'm sure, because the Tour de France Automobile is much more than 'Ferrari'.
    I visited the historic event several times and it's the mix of the marques, what makes this event so unique.

At least in the first edition there are little to no photos you can find in Emotion Ferrari, but I will report, when I have seen the new edition

http://editionsmauricelouche.com/tour-france-photos.htm
    The last photo of the crumpled GTO is indeed in Emotion Ferrari.

Best Regards from Germany

Martin

2. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
  3. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Paul, almost all Ferrari-photos in the new Tour de France book are "new" and also different from the Tour de France photos in the Emotion Ferrari book as well.
    Best
    Boudewijn

4. LMike

LMike Rookie

Sep 2, 2009
    Hello, I'm new here, you guy's have terrific collections. Thanks for the pictures and the information. I want to ask about the gold foiled paged book mentioned in this thread called IL LIBRO D'ORO. This is the first I've heard of the book and I want to know why it's worth the high price. Basically, what's the thing with it. Thanks!

5. retromobiliart

retromobiliart Karting
    BANNED

Sep 23, 2007
    Paris / France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    #405 retromobiliart, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    après plus de 2 ans de retard, le livre de Serge Bellu, Ferrari journal d'une légende est enfin disponible, pour faire oublier le délai d'attente le prix est de 250 euros au lieu de 295 euros (+ frais de port)

http://www.retromobiliart.com/maranello-literature/product_info.php?products_id=1942&language=fr

demandez moi des photos supplémentaires du livre dans son coffret

<hr>

after 2 years delay, the Serge Bellu book Ferrari journal d'une légende (Ferrari diary of a legend) is at least available, with a reduced price of 250 euros instead of 295 euros (+ shipping)

http://www.retromobiliart.com/maranello-literature/product_info.php?products_id=1942&language=en

ask me for more pictures of the book

Christophe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's made with real gold......LOL!

I've never seen one, pretty rare.

There's more bang for the buck out there!

Welcome!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    VERY nice!

Thanks for posting!

8. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Several years ago a gave a photo disc to a colleague of Antoine Prunet filled with never been published photos of the 250 SWB. I was told a comprehensive book was soon to be published?
    Does anyone here know if this was ever done?

David

9. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    #409 sindo308qv, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Two new books of interest to Ferrari enthusiasts from David Bull Publishing:

Phil Hill: A Driving Life
    The Ferrari Phenomenon

I just ordered my copies!

Jack.

11. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Hi Jack

I just replied to your query on TNF! and here you are too :)

I also bought the Phil Hill book, it should be great - being a David Bull publication. I too have been waiting many years for DCN to produce the Phil Hill Photographic collection, not sure when we will see it though. Some years ago I bumped into Doug at an auction in Monterey, he was handing out promotional material for the book, it's a very large format 16 page catalog, the images are really superb, so the book should be worth the wait!

Matt

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Hey, Matt. Thanks for the information on the TNF thread. I think there are several FChat/TNF members around. Do you have any idea how I can get one of the promotional pieces for the DCN book? Was it done by the prospective publisher?

Thanks again.

Jack.

13. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Jack, I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time! I think it was at the Quail Motor sports Gathering in 2006. Myself and some friends were sitting watching the Bonham's auction when Doug came up to our table and talked about producing this book "Inside Track - Motor sports Photography by Phil HIll", he then dropped of a pile of these brochures, I now wish I had picked up more, but at the time Doug said the book would be released the following year!

Anyway, I know Doug is still working on it and as far as I know The GP Library has the rights to the photos. So here's their website and maybe they still have some copies of the brochure. I'll take a few photos tonight and email them if you'd like to see the contents, it best not to post them on the forum as I don't have the copyright.

http://www.gplimages.force9.co.uk/about.html

Cheers
    Matt

14. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #414 Jack-the-lad, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    Thanks, Matt. I've bugged Doug a few times about the book and I think he's probably tired of hearing from me. Thanks for that link, though. I'll contact them and ask for a copy.

Edit: Well, it appears that the email address at that website is not valid now.

Jack.

15. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Jack

You could always send Doug a PM on TNF, or maybe he has his email address on his profile page.

Anyway good luck and I hope you find the GTO book too.

Matt

16. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    Autoland in Hilversum, the Netherlands, has the french 250 GTO 45th book for sale.

[email protected]

17. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, Hugo. I'm hoping to find the English version.

Jack.

18. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    Guys,
    I have a copy of Piloti, che gente...(1983, 1st ed) in mint condition that I want to sell. How much is it worth and where's the best place to sell it (yes, I know about FerrariAds right here)?
    A couple of others that I'll also be parting with are Godfrey Eaton's The Complete Ferrari, and Lehbrink/Schlegelmilch's Ferrari. Both are also in excellent condition.
    Again, I would appreciate advice on pricing.
    Many thanks for any/all replies.
    Yoric

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #419 BigTex, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
    Good question, I have two editions of it as well.........does Ferrari Literature show any available???

Nope.....Amazon shows a new FIFTH EDITION at $200...........try Abe Books on your 1st Edition, it will be more...

20. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I have a copy of Piloti, che gente...(1983, 1st ed) in mint condition that I want to sell. How much is it worth and where's the best place to sell it (yes, I know about FerrariAds right here)?

I have been looking for an edition to buy; doesn't matter which edition. Send me a pm please for selling prices.
    Thanks
    Kevin

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Abe Books show the high number on a mint 1st edition as $275.00USD

T. E. Warth Esq has a 'poor condition copy for $85.00

Search it at Abe Books and you'll see the range.....I would think a 1st Edition mint would be at least $200.00. I'd pay that myself!!!

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    To my knowledge the only expanded version of the title was the special one with Cartier (to match the wristwatches) with the red dust cover with Enzo's picture on it...

The others with Peter Collin's Klemetaski photo were just multiple printings, looks like at least 5 of them!!!

23. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    OK, thank you for the feedback. Prices sound fair and I'm ready to part with them, one or all three. If anyone is interested in making me a firm offer, please send a pm. I'll wait a few days before I put them, and probably a number of others, on the list.

24. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    There are two copies of Ferrari in Camera on Ebay right now. So, if you've been looking for a copy, here's your chance!

Jack.

25. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Can you believe that MotorBooks actually had this book on sale with 50% off at one time?!

I'm considering buying their new Gullwing book, has anyone here bought a copy?

Matt