SR-71 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

SR-71

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by 134282, Oct 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA

I was fortunate enough to see it several times and each one was like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Each time it was just as described. A massive black bizarre, for the time period shape, and then it was off. Only to return 50 ft. off the ground then straight up as it kicked in the after burners. It had that all black mystic to it and the noise was, well who cared. This was the SR-71, the plane that didn't exit, or so the military said for some 25 years. It is too bad that it will never fly again, but then what is this I hear about the Aurora?

2. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    The Aurora is old news, I heard it flew pre and post "sled" but that is just a rumor I heard. I would think unmanned anti-grav would be more effective as the human body is G limited and they are more effecient and quieter than pulse jet technology. There have been many sightings of "black triangle thingies" flying around and reported as UFO's. I wonder what that could be? In fact, there was a report and sighting of a crash of a strange craft along the banks of the Colorado River and the OST retrieving it very quickly in a very remote area. How did they get there so quickly?

I heard a rumor that the B-2 has anti-grav on the leading edges of the wing that augment the engines to reduce their heat signature and to add to its steath capabilities, but thats just a rumor too?

If I was a guessing man, I would think that we are many years ahead of what is known to be "leading edge technology"

That being said, What Kelly Johnson and company did to create the sled in such a short time is amazing and for now will go down in history as the most amazing aircraft the public has ever known.

Ben Rich's tenure produced aircraft that make the "sled" seems like childs play.

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

http://2012changesarenow.blogspot.com/2009/02/ben-rich-former-head-of-lockheed-skunk.html

3. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    "Aviation Week" reported that the B-2 uses "electrostatic field-generating techniques" in its wing leading edges to help it minimize aerodynamic turbulence and thereby reduce its radar cross section. The same article mentions that the B-2 also charges its jet engine exhaust stream which has the effect of rapidly cooling its exhaust and thereby remarkably reducing its thermal signature.

Although these disclosures were framed in the context of enhancing the B-2's radar invisibility, in fact, they are part of the B-2's antigravitic drive capability. With a positively charged wing leading edge and a negatively charged exhaust stream, the B-2 would function essentially as an electrogravitic aircraft. Just as in Townsend Brown's flying discs, the positive and negative ion clouds would produce a locally altered gravity field that would cause the B-2 to feel a forward-directed gravitic force.

Positive ions emitted from its wing leading edge would produce a positively charged parabolic ion sheath ahead of the craft while negative ions injected into it's exhaust stream would set up a trailing negative space charge with a potential difference in excess of 15 million volts. The differential space charge would set up an artificial gravity field that would induce a reactionless force on the aircraft in the direction of the positive pole.

Basically less air drag and the virtual elimination of friction-caused aerodynamic heating.
    This technology could augment container ships, trains, trucks and many other vehicles that rely on huge horsepower to propel them. More importantly, imagine what it could do for our reliance on foreign oil?

There are some pictures floating around that show this force around the B-2.

Electrogravitics and Subquantam Kinetics are fascinating topics and would make a nice addition to any Ferrari! Maybe the Ferrari in 2060 will be so equipped?

Cheers

4. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
  5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #130 nthfinity, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    would this be one?

Curious posts, as I don't really keep up with stuff on the verge of being somewhat guarded.

I did once read an interview that stated something like this... (it's been more than a few years)

"Newton says if we drop two objects at the same time, they will hit the ground at the same time no matter their size. We can make the other object do what we want it to, when we want it to"

The man worked for Lockheed Martin.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    #131 TURBOQV, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
    Could very well be? Photoshop? Or is it a subsonic shockwave formation?, the localization of the heat signature from the exhaust of the engines to aid in its stealthiness? Or just a weird anomaly? That looks like Edwards in the background.

Cheers

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Subsonic shockwave is my first thought as well. The photo is too poor to tell if it's a photoshop.

The one time I've seen a B-2 in flight, I didn't see it, but it was going no faster than 400 knotts prior to the 2006 World Series opener in Detroit. (It flew directly over my house, and I was outside!)

I live nowhere near any base... but I've had a squadren of B-17's fly over my house 4 or 5 years ago, an A-10 fly EXTREMELY low over my house, and a B-2 :)

8. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    There are a few pictures of vapor cloud formation around the B-2 and I suspect it's just the nature of the design. It's a unique plane with some special capabilities but I don't think there is any reason to make up stories about antigravity powers and the like.

Does look like EAFB

9. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    #134 TURBOQV, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  10. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    #135 kevin956, Jan 20, 2010
    I love this thread.

Two pics I found buried in my folders - both from the Palmdale Blackbird Airpark. I'm not sure what the last sentence on the description plate means. If the model is equipped with one nose section, I don't recall other "nose sections" being on display and don't have any other pics. Guess another trip to Palmdale is in order.

11. C4ever

C4ever Karting

Feb 14, 2006
    Greenbelt Md
    Full Name:
    Les Putnam
    #136 C4ever, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  12. C4ever

C4ever Karting

Feb 14, 2006
    Greenbelt Md
    Full Name:
    Les Putnam
    Check out this Bozo... Michael Salla, Ph.D.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2383-Honolulu-Exopolitics-Examiner

Most recent articles
    U.S. military is liaising with extraterrestrial life according to independent sources

Independent sources have claimed an on-going set of face-to-face meetings between U.S. military officials and extraterrestrial life. The sources...

Top 10 Exotic Free Energy devices to be ranked at Hawaii Earth Transformation Conference

On December 15, during the United Nations Climate Summit, Irish Company Steorn announced a six week demonstration of its over-unity device –...

Pravda hides link between Kremlin UFO pyramid & Norway light spiral

On December 18, the English edition of Russia’s Pravda newspaper ran a story on a pyramid UFO sighting over the Kremlin, Moscow that day. The...

Irish new energy device offers solution for UN climate talks

An Irish company, Steorn, today began public demonstrations of an ‘over-unity’ device powered by rotating magnets. Developed over a six...

Norway light spiral – missile failure caused by UFO/ET intervention?

After first denying any missile test in the White Sea region where mysterious spiral lights could be seen over much of Norway on December 9, Russia...

Mysterious light appears over Norway before Obama Peace Prize speech

A mysterious spiral of light has appeared in northern Norway one day before President Obama arrives to give his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech in...

British MOD closes UFO desk – impact on extraterrestrial disclosure

In an apparent set back for secret official efforts to announce the existence of extraterrestrial life, the British Ministry of Defence (MOD) has just...

Timing extraterrestrial disclosure

The post-Thanksgiving holiday season marks the beginning of a series of important windows of time for extraterrestrial disclosure by the Obama...

Kennedy assassination anniversary - the UFO factor

Today marks the 46th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The 1976 House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded that a...

Vatican prepares for extraterrestrial disclosure

The Vatican has just completed a five day conference astrobiology where scientists convened to discuss the detection and implications of...

13. C4ever

C4ever Karting

Feb 14, 2006
    Greenbelt Md
    Full Name:
    Les Putnam
    It's most definitely Edwards. I have a whole book on such condensation formations.

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #139 MarkPDX, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010

Their assertion that the B-2 utilizes upon statements by "aerospace experts". On visiting the web site of those "aerospace experts" the first thing I see is a section defending a company that promises electrical power from tap water. Next is a bit about a patent gone awry for someone who claims to be able to send messages faster than light. Go on a bit further and there are attacks on the laws of thermodynamics. Seems like their "aerospace experts" are promoting a wide range of rather incredible claims.... claims that in my mind demand incredible evidence to be taken seriously.

15. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I really feel like I've been wasting the last 35 years of my life immersed in things like conventional thermodynamics, when Boeing was hiding all this antigravity technology........

I guess that I haven't been doing any really good mind expanding drugs so I wouldn't understand.....

16. C4ever

C4ever Karting

Feb 14, 2006
    Greenbelt Md
    Full Name:
    Les Putnam
    #141 C4ever, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    So way back when the Pima Air Museum's SR-71 was still parked outdoors I got to nose around the main gear, and I noticed the tires were a bit strange in color. The sidewalls facing the gear doors and upper wing skins were kind of a metallic gray. Does anyone know if aluminum or something similar was mixed into the sidewall compounds? This was over ten years ago, and I think I remember they were rather shiny as well.

17. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    (quoted)

"Also to withstand heat, the main gear tires have been impregnated with aluminum and are filled with nitrogen."

18. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    If my memory serves me, the tires are made of silicone.

19. furnacerepair

furnacerepair Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Martini
    #144 furnacerepair, Jan 22, 2010
  20. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA

21. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    Your right. Boeing had nothing to do with antigravity technology. Subquantam kinetics and Electrogravitics do exist and are not the imagintions of people of using "good mind expanding drugs". Several people have made claims to this including the highly respected Ben Rich just prior to his death.

The SR-71 is an amazing plane. I had the pleasure of seeing it fly many times. It's replacements were and are even more amazing......

I will leave it at that.

Cheers

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah, the Raptor is pretty cool.

23. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    Looks like a Blackbird will be flying again soon.

I was at Edwards this week doing some flight test work and noticed one on the flight line.
    The engines were running and I was told that it will be airborne soon!

Very cool

24. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    50 plus years young and she is still wowing them. Fly on lady and show them what you got.

25. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA

That would definately be news - talk about something that would gather a crowd in a hurry. Saw that Edwards is going to be testing the X-51 hypersonic missle soon. Wonder if there is any connection. What else that isn't currently still in a black program could be fast enough to act as a chase plane?