Daniel Help, Cannot Access Ricambi Parts Catalogs | FerrariChat

Daniel Help, Cannot Access Ricambi Parts Catalogs

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tazandjan, Apr 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yesterday, I had to sign in to access Ricambi's online parts catalogs. Today, I could not access them even after signing in. Anyone else having that problem? I even tried backing in to the catalogs by typing in a part number and then going back to the catalog page, but even that would not work.

Daniel- Hope this is only temporary, because I use those catalogs just about every day.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

2. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
  3. First Ferrari

First Ferrari Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2005
    Mahtomedi,MN
    Full Name:
    Christopher Reeves
    Same issue, I bet knowning Daniel that he will be on it first thing Monday!

4. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    ......me too...I placed two orders online last week and it was a PIA. I hope Daniel changes back to the old system.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I am fully aware of the situation, and it is not a technical fault with our website.

The current situation facing Ricambi America is already (or will be within a matter of hours) at hand for our worldwide competitors, without exception or prejudice. Believing otherwise is myopic.

We appreciate your understanding and continued support of Ricambi America during this period of our global growth and influence. Mike and I will personally ensure that our long time customers, friends, partners, and Fchat supporters continue to obtain the technical assistance and customer support they expect.

I try not to show emotion on FerrariChat, so in 6 years and 10,000 posts in this community, please grant me a single outburst: Ricambi America and the Ferrari parts business is more than a job. It is the sole source of my family livelihood. I have no more savings, I have no more liquid assets. This company is literally all I have. We have no rich investors. My threadbare socks and flat wallet are proof. Those who wish ill can be god-damn certain, I will survive and prosper.

I will not publicly post anything additional on this subject. However, I absolutely welcome any PM, email or phone calls you might have and am delighted to speak one-on-one with those who reach out.

-Daniel

6. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Thanks Daniel, enough said.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- We are behind you. Let us know if there is any kind of grassroots support we can give you. Like e-mails or letters.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

8. flipdowt

flipdowt Karting

Dec 13, 2008
    Mahopac,New York
    Full Name:
    John Flip
    daniel, you have always been helpful when i (we) needed help with a problem or a part and took your time to resolve. please let me (us) know if any help can be given back to you.
    good luck
    flip

9. myfazzman1

myfazzman1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 25, 2009
    down under,australia
    Full Name:
    peter
    My educated guess.............Ferrari's gone on the warpath again and threatened/threatening legal action because it claims the various parts catalogues are its "Intellectual property" or some other such legal claim.

Reading between the lines of Daniel's comments,then I think other parts vendors such as Trutlands are/will be in the same boat.

This is f***ed. For years Ferrari didn't want to know about the older cars in the way of parts and the standard answer at a dealership was always"Sorry,NLA" when chasing parts!

It was only through the efforts of the small independant parts outfits like Daniel and Ricambi that a lot of the older cars are even still on the road.I have dealt with Daniel several times and the service was always unbeatable and response time to email enquires unbelievable(and I'm down under in Australia)!

I see they have remade "Wall street" and the mantra of "Greed is good" is starting to re-emerge again. Ferrari have only recently woken up that there is money to be made out of the older cars,look at the " Classiche " program.

What will Ferrari do next I wonder? Lets all support Daniel in anyway we can guys.

Pete

10. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Pete
    Well said. I agree 100% This is pathetic. Unfortunately I can not help but will be happy to send emails, letters etc to Ferrari SPA and thier local dealer if that would help, but probably not.
    John

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Im behind you 100% Daniel! :):)

If you need anything............and I mean ANYTHING, please let me know brother. :):)

12. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Daniel, I am sorry that this has happened to you as well as other like you working hard to keep our cars healthy. Even the Ferrari Club of America was chased by Ferrari. The FCA had to change their logo and was forced into a legal agreement by Ferrari. I guess the agreement the FCA had with Enzo does not matter today.

The only thing we can do is to continue to support you business and those of others like you. As a vintage owner it is a must that independant shops offer the help we need to keep our machines running. And even the newer discontinued models need you as a source.

We can do our part.

13. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anything you need Daniel, you let us know. I really do not understand some companies and how they do business. It is not good to make life hard on loyal customers.

--Mike

14. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    I support Daniel. I support him because of the help he has always given me (uncompensated) and so many others on this site. The kinds words are great, but if you really want to support him, purchase your parts from him. I don't mean search worldwide for the cheapest price on any given part and IF he is the cheapest purchase from him.

Buy what you need from him and we will continue to have him as an outstanding resource in the future.

No doubt Daniel appreciates the kind words of encouragement, but that is only going to go so far...... If we collectively want to fight Ferrari we need to funnel our money through a singular source who can act as the "spearhead" with the financial wherewithall to accomplish something for us.

I support Daniel.....

15. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    As has been stated. 100% support.
    Just a guess but for every 1 post in this thread there will be 100 that support you and Ricambi.

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Daniel- I can spring for some money for legal help, if you need it, and one of the FChatters may be willing to do some pro-bono work to help. No need for a public reply, we understand how these things work.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

17. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    We support you Daniel.

18. markgllc

markgllc Karting

Dec 25, 2008
    Fairborn, OH
    Man I can't believe this!!! Are the diagrams all that's been forced off or are parts also NLA?
    This is sad...either way. I have not posted in awhile but this got me fired up. What the heck do we do now...Ferrari sure isn't there for us!! No real dealer network or support of any kind in my area...Dan was all I had. Now that gone!!! WTF!!!

19. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interesting. I too was on the site a short time back when I noticed I now had to sign in to see the parts diagrams. At first, I couldn’t see them but it turned out on my side that I was blocking all data not being sent securely (the rest of the page is secure – IE doesn’t like a mixed security page). Once I started accepting the non-secure data, everything showed up.

I take it from the thread that the parts diagrams, in addition to having be signed in to view them, have had “issues” being shown. They’re working fine today, however!

I sure hope outside forces are not screwing with this great site.

Tim

20. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    #20 365GTC/4, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    If it happens to Ricambi it will happen to Eurospares, Ted Rutlands, GT Car Parts etc etc. These guys kept our old cars going for decades when Ferrari SPA could NOT care less about these old cars. Now in 3 weeks I will be going on a rally with 40+ vintage V12 Ferrari. I will make sure that all those owners are aware of the actions of Ferrari Spa. If this does not change I for one will NEVER buy a new Ferrari and I certainly will tell people to buy Porsches etc instead, AND I have been a Ferrari FANATIC ALL my life. So that is a big call. Are you reading this Ferrari Spa?? The vintage world is a small place and we all talk. On Sunday we are having our local Ferrari Concours and I will be telling everyone what is going on. This is very bad karma and extreamly bad PR for Ferrari. Do the right and SMART thing Ferrari Spa, and allow these passionate guys help us passionate guys. WE the owners of your cars are the BEST marketing tool you have. If you piss us off, it will bite your bottom line.
    John

21. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #21 Rifledriver, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Porsche also does this. What used to be called Porsche Heaven is now Parts Heaven for exactly the same reason.

From a business perspective, they are doing the right thing to protect their brand. From a karma perspective, this is bad.

23. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Brian, I won't argue with you :D

I suspect however that Ferrari spa. is behind this one. Paul Bennett posted a copy of a letter he received recently, on the ferrarilist mailing list. In that letter they cited breach of trademark and the use of the word ferrari in his web address. Obviously the web address issue doesn't apply to ricambi, but if there IS a breach of trademark, it should be easily remedied. They also claimed that pictures of Ferraris are ALL copyright by Ferrari! I would like to see that stand up in a court of law.

I think Ferrari is trying to scare people into submission. What I don't understand is why? Paul said he made a total of $800 in the last 12 months, so I don't think he is putting a serious dent in the bottom line of Ferrari. They even demanded that he turn over his domain registrations to them!

With all that, I notice Paul still has his site up :D

http://ferrariwiring.com/

YMMV

24. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Um, "Ferrari" is a family name.

There's a "drferrari.net" bariatric surgeon in Houston, a Charlotte plastic surgeon named Dr. Ferrari, and Michele Ferrari was cycling physician and trainer to Lance Armstrong, et al.

(A google search on "dr ferrari" doesn't turn up mechanics --- apparently a lot of the Ferrari clan has gone into medicine.)

SPA going after the wiring diagrams is crazy, as I was unable to get one from Ferrari ... they're NLA.

25. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    An IP lawyer is going to jump into this argument very soon ... But, even if Ferrari is a family name, it is now widely recogized (Trademarks, etc) as being associated with Sports Cars. Any other Italian named Ferrari cannot start another automotive related business without running straight into Ferrari legal team, and they would win.

AG Ferrari is a gourmet food store in my town, and that is fine because it is not in the same business and customers cannot get confused with Ferrari the car manufacturers.