Pics of my "new" Bentley | FerrariChat

Pics of my "new" Bentley

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by JJJJJS, Apr 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJJJJS

JJJJJS Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #1 JJJJJS, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've kept this one a secret for quite awhile while I was working on it, but finally, I've got it fully restored and ready to show off. The story goes that about 6 months ago I found this 1983 Bentley all alone and neglected, kind of beat up but fixable. It looked like the owner hadn't touched it in years and I thought that I could make it live again. I made an offer ( a really low offer) just to see if the owner would take it and to my surprise he just wanted it gone and so he signed it over to me.

Whenever I've had some spare time I've been working on it, tracking down parts, cleaning, redoing the wiring (what a pain) etc. As we all know some parts just don't exist anymore and I found myself having to make my own bits and pieces to complete it. Fortunately the wooden bits were still in excellent shape and didn't require any work. I'm certainly not a master carpenter so that was quite a relief.

Anyway, I just finished the last step last night by replacing the battery and fired her up. Everything works beautifully. Today I washed and polished her so that I could get some decent pictures. I dare say that it looks factory fresh.

She started right up, all the electronics work and I took her for a little test spin. She ran perfectly, almost alarmingly smooth. Not a single hiccup or glitch anywhere.

One reason why I really like the older stuff is that the controls are generally a lot simpler and tend to make one feel more involved. The controls are all easy to reach and simple to operate. Sometimes things just feel right. I felt the same way when I first drove my Alfa gtv6.

So it's taken awhile but I feel that the effort was worth it. I really did enjoy the restoration process and hope to start on another project soon.

Without further ado, the pics!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JJJJJS

JJJJJS Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wait....did I do this right?

That wood paneling is just a sticker. Bentley you cheap ********

3. 993 911

993 911 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jack D
    Great work! I just went to town upgrading internals of my 360 and made it a hell of a lot faster. Upgraded cooling and ecu mods really made quite the difference!

4. somedayaurora

somedayaurora Karting

Feb 16, 2010
    LOL I never had one of those .
    SDR

5. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Chris,

The first game system I owned was an N64... and I haven't looked back...

...so I can't say that I'm jealous, but I also can't say I'm not impressed. Good work.

-Colin

6. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Is that carbon fiber on the top of those knobs?

The first vidieo game I played was a Atari "pong".

Cheers!

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My son has a Bentley super 8 movie camera-- looks like about the same plastic.