Daniel Sadek in the news | FerrariChat

Daniel Sadek in the news

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Dec 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
  2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

"Police did not immediately know whether the men who invaded Sadek's home were collecting on a debt or were there to rob him. They were taking cash and jewelry, Lt. Fox said."

Car fire a couple of weeks ago in his driveway and now this? I'd say this guy has a few people not too happy with him. Kobe missed a practice today over this current incident.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Oh, this should be rich!

4. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Hold on I will be right back...Im out of Popcorn.....

5. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Didn't his company lose 4 Billion in sub prime mortgages? :eek:

Still no reason to hurt him....:eek:

Why did Kobe miss practice?

6. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Disregard above...just read the article :eek:

Answered all my own questions..:D

7. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Ok back with my Popcorn... so any update. Is he OK????

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Whaaaa???? Did Captain Save-A-Ho rob himself just to save another waitress from diner lifer doom?

9. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Bump...

10. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Did you find the perp?

11. jimxyz

jimxyz Karting

Mar 17, 2009
    Orange County
    I know its probably a dumb question - given that there were 5 gunmen (?) - but with the gate and the guard shack etc, how did they get in without the police being right on their rearend? We've been in that community and it actually has a guard at the gate so you cant just follow a car through.

12. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Commando style up the hill....

13. DLMphotos

DLMphotos Karting

Jan 4, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Drake
    I feel bad for the guy, robbery, car fires, making possibly the worst car movie ever made, and a totalled Enzo? Ouch.

14. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ..............and she left him anyway! :):)

15. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    The gunmen were hired by someone who had been a frequent guest at Sadek's poker parties. Sadek owed this someone a chunk of change and after various attempts to collect, it finally came to this. Sadek wouldn't pay the man. He had been to his house enough times that he was on the guest list at the guardhouse. So when he showed up w/ a car full of thugs, the guard just let them right in. He stayed in the car while the thugs went in to collect on the debt. There was a poker party in progress. One of the players happened to be smoking a cig out back and saw the invasion and called 911.

16. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    He was one of those guys who made millions off of sub-prime, why do you feel bad for him?

17. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    There was a time we entered a similar community, at 2am, there was a guard at the gate who stopped us after we were following a 745 BMW who entered the community. The guard asked why we didn't stop and we said we were with them and he opened the gate with no further questions. We could have been anybody, we were just in an M3, and he let us into the community on our word that we were with the 745 BMW in front of us. It may have been the same community, it was really late though so I don't even remember the street name lol

18. JackMan017

JackMan017 Rookie

Jun 28, 2006
    Newport Coast, Ca
    Full Name:
    Broker Jack
    I live across the street from Sadek. After the incident happened I spoke to the guard at the gate and he told me one of the intruders was on Sadek's guest list. How comforting that your own guests rob you.

19. futureowner310

futureowner310 Karting

Dec 25, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thats crazy.....you usually will not get anything happening in that neck of the woods unless its something like this....where the guy owed money.

Those guys collected loan shark style...

20. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Looks like a few guys were just arrested in connection with this:
    http://www.ocregister.com/news/arrested-250848-police-sadek.html

Two men arrested in mansion-invasion case
    By JON CASSIDY

NEWPORT BEACH – Two men accused in the home-invasion robbery of former subprime lender Daniel Sadek in December have recently been arrested.

One of them is set to be charged Friday.

Ronnie Labert Morrissette, 34, and Darrin Mucker, 38, both of Los Angeles, are accused of escaping from a robbery at Sadek's Newport Coast mansion Dec. 8.

Three other men were arrested at the scene.

Mucker was arrested in Oklahoma City Feb. 5 by U.S. Marshals and extradited to California last month, Newport Beach police announced Thursday.

Morrissette was arrested by the Brooklyn, Ill., Police Department on unrelated charges May 18. Authorities discovered a $1 million warrant while booking him into county jail, and notified the Newport Beach Police Department.

Morrissette is scheduled to be arraigned Friday at Central Justice Center.

The three men previously arrested were Mickael Andre Hastings, 36, of Los Angeles, Antoine Bashiri Boyd, 31, of Los Angeles, and Peter Joseph Paturzo, 44, of Mission Viejo.

Around 10:15 p.m. on Dec. 8, Newport Beach police received several calls from the house to report the robbery. Hastings was arrested a in a nearby yard; he was taken to the hospital for an ankle injury he suffered while running.

Boyd was arrested as he drove away. Paturzo was found sitting in a parked vehicle with the lights out.

Police said the robbery was Paturzo's attempt to collect on winnings from a weekly high-stakes poker game held at Sadek's house. The robbers mistook a guest for Sadek, pistol-whipping him. The man had to be taken to the hospital, police said.

Sadek made and lost a fortune in the subprime mortgage business. Quick Loan Funding, which he founded in 2002, wrote about $4 billion in subprime mortgages before it collapsed in 2007.

With his earnings from Quick Loan, Sadek lived a high-roller lifestyle. He bought the Newport Coast mansion, a fleet of exotic cars and crashed some of them in a movie he financed called "Redline." He bought a condo in Las Vegas where he became a high roller at the blackjack tables.

He declared bankruptcy in Nevada last fall.

In court filings, he acknowledges gambling in the multimillion-dollar range.

21. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I am looking in Crystal Cove and Pelican Ridge right now, my realtor just today was telling me how safe the areas are....I know this is an isolated incident so I wont hold it against her :D

Are these areas generally pretty safe?

22. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    #22 Testarossa Lover, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
    Yes it is safe, I will PM you to discuss.

23. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Screw this guy. Not because of his business practices, but for his personality. He obviously worked hard to get to where he was and I respect that. The Mortgage crisis could have gone either way. However, this is your typical ****head that only buys these cars to try to impress people. He totalled an Enzo just for publicity of his crap movie! Do you think he cares that less than 350 of these are made? No! GO buy some bentleys, mercedes, etc. STAY AWAY FROM OUR FERRARIS!!

24. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    So apparently according to some fchatters that will remain nameless I am a gossip.

1. Charlie_ludden
    2. jjay911

crap, I guess I am a gossip queen

ok well anyway.... I hear Danny "****" Sadek was deported to Yemen, from sources that are as reliable as a Tijuana Rolex.

25. chaserolls

chaserolls Karting

May 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    chase rolls
    quartz or automatic?