Night Life is ALIVE Muhuhahahahaha WATCH OUT BABY. | FerrariChat

Night Life is ALIVE Muhuhahahahaha WATCH OUT BABY.

Discussion in '348/355' started by Night life, Jun 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #1 Night life, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow I can not believe it has been over 8 months since I have driven her Sept 29th to be exact :eek:. Story goes I was meeting up with the Calgary crew early in the morning for our 1st Flatlands Exotic car show, we were all to drive in together. On the way there we hit some pretty good speeds for an extended period of time, long story short my Hyperflow cat was clogged and disintegrating causing huge back pressure eventually heating up the #1 piston so much I had pre ignition and thus burning a hole in my piston :(. Talk about devastation, but I remained very optimistic through out my ordeal.

For those of you who do not know the story here it is, it's full of heartache and betrayal with twists and turns as the plot thickens to the climax of devastation ha ha ha.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262678

Well I am very very glad to say it is over with, I feel I made out pretty good considering the alternative of a full rebuild. The car has more HP now as I am running CAT less and the sound is frightening but devilishly satisfying :D. We took our time to make sure all was done correctly and better than Ferrari specs, we found other faults along the way and corrected them and even ended up with a Uber cool coffee table lol.

Shout out again to my Mechanic Cal for taking on this project, I had full confidence in their abilities, he and his boys were awesome, great job guys. Also Heeeeey to Daniel and the boys at Ricambi for fast services and great advise, also GT auto parts for my engine thanks boys.

She is PURRRRRRRRING like a bad Kitty that has swallowed shards of glass :D, It feels different to me now, more solid more reliable hard to explain really. Of course this is only the second day and we need to keep an eye on it but so far she is a rocket and I am Captain Kirk baby (earlier Kirk when he was cool and slept with green women ;)) lol

Here are some pics of my new engine, as you can see I tried a color combo that no one has tried yet, I love it, pictures do not do justice, looks 10X better in person. Now when I open up the bonnet people gasp at how good it looks, it is a piece of art :).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #2 Night life, Jun 2, 2010
    Tomorrow God willing I will install the LeMans grill with a totally different set up for the lights that make sense lol I will explain.

I noticed that the way the 355 lights are set up do not take full advantage of all the lights why?????

Example, the way 355 360 lights operate is like this
    -inner tail lights are stop light & middle reverse light.
    -outer tail lights are parking light and turn signal light with middle reverse light non operational.

To me this makes little sense, why not use everything the more the better especially at night time. So I did a little rewiring soldering cutting etc and now I have

All 4 are parking lights with brake lights with inner lights still middle reverse and outer lights middle turn signal.

This looks so much better and now if I brake I will blind anyone behind me :D they wont be able not to see me lol. Middle turn signal involved 1 wire only and some soldering and an amber bulb, it is incredibly bright more so than the other set up for turn signal. All in all 1 hour time $20 a little cutting with a dremell some soldering of 2 extra wire and you are done.

If any of you want more info on how to do it PM me, it will look way better.

Here are some pics before I do my install, you will see the cuts and soldering I made plus the wire I installed and how she looks when lit.

3. saw1998

saw1998 F1 Veteran

Jun 8, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Damn good job for a gimp! :) I am really interested in seeing how it looks when completed. I think it's a great idea and having all four taillights illuminated is not only safer but should look more symmetrical. Now, if we could only find clear side marker light units to replace our ugly U.S. amber ones.

4. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Good to hear!

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Just remember to replace the stock reverse bulbs with LED conversions or you WILL melt the lens in a few years time...a factory defect in the design...cooler running LEDs for the reverse bulbs will prevent this.

6. FBI

FBI Formula Junior

May 27, 2008
    Calgary,Ab
    Nice Roberto!!

I like the lights that way too.

Can you get a sound clip of your new exhaust sound sometime?

Cheers

7. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Great job Roberto ........ :D

+1 ................... clear side markers would be awesome :)!!!

+1 ....... I use LEDs on my classic bike because of their far lower current draw, they work great. On the 355 I use the lower wattage side marker bulbs in the reverse position ....... they are not as bright as before but I can still see clearly in the dark and they put out about half as much heat :).

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looking good Roberto! I feel the enthusiasm and excitement in your post :)

9. marinelo

marinelo Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Wooooow ! finally, The engine compartment looks great and I'm glad to hear it's all back together .. now It's time to have some fun...It looks like a bouna jobba Roberto..

10. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Could you please post some detailed pics of how much cutting you need to do on the 348 tail light panel to make the new grill/lights fit properly?

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  12. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    #12 eulk328, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010

Nice work. I did this a number of months ago (punched out the blanking plates on the turn signal inner part) but I went with LED's throughout because of heat concerns. The new bulbs in the middle of the turn signal were the biggest concern.

You do have to be careful with LED selection or you will not get proper "fill" of the lamp housing and it will not look good.

13. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Bellissima, enjoy the ride again Roberto .... but don't get too crazy !

14. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Glad your back! How's the knee???

15. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Good man!!!

Congrats brother!! Hope you are well. :)

16. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    You're car (and garage) look awesome, Roberto! And, I've been DYING to see a red 348 spider with the LeMans grill.

So...

FOR----THE----LOVE----OF----GOD!!!.........

BROTHER,..... PLEASE POST MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

17. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Yes, please post the pictures ....

18. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Very glad to see you're now enjoying your car again, Roberto!

19. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

This is all excellent news!

Here's to your summer of lots of miles and smiles!!!! :)

20. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Sorry for late replies, my gf played with my computer now my screen is 1/4 the size and f#ck if I can put it back to normal lol

All 4 lights look great makes the back end look uber wide and man are they bright.

Thank you I will replace asap

I will get to it soon just keep bugging me, I have a car show this week lol

Yes I will as soon as I can figure out this computer glitch, damn GF ;)

Sorry sorry I will soon I promise

21. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

On mine, the answer was "A lot"

22. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Mine was not so bad, instead of doing a double cut like Husker recommended I did all in one shot each side which in turn made it easier to cut plus if you ever want to put it back to normal it will be way faster.

23. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #24 Night life, Jun 5, 2010
  24. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #25 Night life, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
    Next project I can get back to work on the rear spoiler finally :)

Might have to wait a while though because of my knee. As many of you asked (and thank you) my knee not good, just received my MRI report and I am F#cked up bad.

Complete ACL tear and lateral meniscus tear, my ACL completely retracted into a stump in my knee OUCH!!!!!! Plus way more damage right down to the bone :( :( :(

Sad thing is I can actually walk pretty good now just can't bend my knee without discomfort but I can drive and press the clutch so all is good lol. I did not feel that much pain before but now I do ???????? talk about all psychological :D

I need full reconstructive surgery, I am going to wait till after summer is over or I will be a very very grumpy Italian, and we all know thats not good for anyone ;).