Canadian Grand Prix Birmingham Brunch | FerrariChat

Canadian Grand Prix Birmingham Brunch

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Drew Altemara, Jun 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Hey Birmingham guys,

Roy King and I were talking about getting together in Birmingham Sunday June 13 to watch the Canadian Grand Prix. I think it starts 11AM Central.

You guys interested? Everyone invited. And if so, anybody suggest a place that would let us watch it. Roy suggested:

http://avorestaurant.com/AvoDram_Brunch.pdf

But I think we're completely open.

Drew

2. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    That works for me.

3. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    I've never been there, but I know they have a TV in the bar, and they are open for brunch on Sunday. Thought I might drop by next Sunday am and check the place out.

Please speak up if you've been there and have an opinion, or if you know a great place.

Roy

4. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    #4 rfking, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I went by Avo this morning about 11:30 and spoke to the Manager - Brett, about watching -AND LISTENING to the Canadian GP next Sunday morning.

He said that indeed he doesn't normally turn the volume on for events, but that if we all sat around one of the televisions that we could have the volume up enough to hear what was going on. In the picture below you can see 2 of the 3 TVs in the bar area, so if only 5 of us show up we can sit at the bar and watch and have brunch if interested.

He said there is also a nice lounge upstairs if there are a few more people - but I don't think they serve food up there.

Anyway - they seemed very accommodating this morning. Still, after my last Canadian GP organizing event I am not accepting responsibility for how it goes.

As far as parking for the Ferraris, there was plenty close by in case you want to bring yours. I'm between cars at the moment I'm sad to say.

So right now I think it is me, Diana, Drew, his son, and Branko.

See ya. We need to bring the team some luck!

Roy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Thanks for taking the time to check things out. I think we'll get ther around 10:30.

Did you happen to notice if there is parking behind the building? I looked at it on Google Earth and it looked like there was.

And Roy, We are holding you personally responsible for not only the viewing but for a Ferrari 1-2.

Drew

6. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    There are several safe looking places on the street, but no dedicated parking that I know of. If I get there first I'll snag a place next to the end for you.

1-2 eh?

7. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    #7 Drew Altemara, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    Looking forward to seeing you folks tomorrow.

Bringing the F40, a little dirty, but Enzo would be proud.

Come on over you other BHM Tifosi.

Regards,

Drew

8. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy

Diana and I will be there around 10:30 or so.

SeeYa!

9. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Bringing the F40! I can hardly wait!

10. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Well, I just got back from Avo and watching the Canadian Grand Prix with Ferrari getting third. There was a nice group of people watching the event but the highlight of the day was after the race was over Drew gave me a ride in the F40! This was my first ride in an F40. All I can say is WOW!!!!! The acceleration is off the chart, downright scary. You have to make sure you are pointed in a straight line before you punch it, or it could get away from you. Thanks again, Drew.

11. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    That was a lot of fun. And Roy gets 10 attaboys for finding a great place to watch the race.

12. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    #12 rfking, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The man and his car!