NHL playoffs - Predictions? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

NHL playoffs - Predictions?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Fast_ian, Apr 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Four30Spider

Four30Spider Karting

Apr 22, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I think Chicago has it.......

Would be happy to see the "kids" win (although I'm sure a few of the Sharks fans on this thread would disagree..haha)

2. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Canucks fans too.

But I think Chicago will take it as well.

3. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think half of Chicago just realized they had an NHL team, Unfortunately, congrats to them, the blues will win it all next year.

4. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    'Hawks Win! :D Kane is just awesome

What is with the beards in the NHL today?....looks like Amish hockey...

5. Kevin614

Kevin614 Rookie

Nov 5, 2009
    The beards are a superstition. None of the players shave from the beginning of the playoffs until they are eliminated or win the cup. It's kind of funny to see Kane and some of the younger players on the Hawks grow them out.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    That was absolutely awesome! I'm still buzzing about it!

7. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Such an odd ending too. From the goal, the annoucners reaction, and lack of authority signaling that a Championship had just been clinched. Total lack of class by the very faithful Flyers fans for booing during the Cup presentation. For such a blue collar city and smart sports fans you'd think that they would show a little more respect. As Roy said, Pronger can use those pucks to plug his ears to avoid hearing how Chicago is going to really give this team their due in terms of celebrating. Its going to be an odd summer with all the salary issues, so its nice to see everyone just enjoying the moment.

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I think Philadelphia fans succeeded long ago in setting themselves apart as idiots. What I don't understand is, why stick around to boo? Do you really believe it's registering with the team that just won the Stanley Cup? Or is it that you can't bring yourselves to leave--you really want to watch--but feel stupid cheering? Just go home.

9. Kevin614

Kevin614 Rookie

Nov 5, 2009
    Okay so I wasn't the only one who thought Philadelphia fans were being rather classless. I like to think that the United Center would have showed respect if we lost at home, but thankfully nobody will know :)

10. Four30Spider

Four30Spider Karting

Apr 22, 2008
    Los Angeles
    What an ending!

Really happy to see Kane get the winner. Been a solid player all season and glad that he gets a solid reward to match (especailly after having to settle for Silver in Vancouver)

Toews must be on the high of his life right now. Gold Medal, MVP, Stanley Cup!!

I agree that the booing by the Philly fans was definitley unnecssary. I did see some of them cheer though.

Anyone else see Jeremy Roenick break down in tears on NBC after the win?

11. Kevin614

Kevin614 Rookie

Nov 5, 2009
    Yeah Roenick was tearing up pretty bad. He was very emotional. I can't believe Melrose though. In the beginning of the season he stated that the final series would be Chicago and Philly and that Chicago would come out on top. You can't get any more correct than that!

12. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I expected nothing less from Philly fans... It is after all, Philadelphia and I live here.

They booed Santa Claus, they booed Donavan McNabb when he was drafted, they would even boo their own mothers.

I have an affinity for the city of Chicago after living there for a few years, so it was win-win for me. I was just excited to see some EXCELLENT playoff hockey. It was well needed after gaining some publicity from the Olympics.

Pronger can't be blamed for his antics. He's a true hockey player. They are filled with superstition and desire. Class and popularity are on the bottom of his list. This is the difference between the NHL and the NBA/ NFL.

Here is to the 2011 season.