07 599 oil pump failure | FerrariChat

07 599 oil pump failure

Discussion in '612/599' started by SinCityF430, Jul 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SinCityF430

SinCityF430 Rookie

May 11, 2009
    East Coast
    Dealer is 90% sure the oil pump in my 07 failed. Has anybody heard of this? It sounded like it was coming from the exhaust, they couldn't fix that, then discovered it could be the oil pump.

What's the repair cost on something like that (most likely covered by ext. warranty, if not we have a big issue)?

Thanks,

Nick

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Way to many variables to guess. What were the symptoms?

It also seems odd they though it was exhaust. Usually different noises and locations, again depending on your symptoms.

I have seen failures of the oil pump drive but not common.

3. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    How does an exhaust sound like an oil pump failure?

4. SinCityF430

SinCityF430 Rookie

May 11, 2009
    East Coast

They really are not sure if it's the exhaust or oil pump. So far it's been the pump causing the problem. Which makes no sense to me

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
  6. bls430

bls430 Rookie

Dec 23, 2009
    The dealer had the car for a month. 2007 model with factory extended warranty. FNA was contacted and initially they said it was the oil line vibrating and for the dealer to check for a factory upgrade which was already on the car. The noise comes on at 3200 RPM for only a few seconds and sounds like a symbol being hit or a snare drum. Its both audible and a noticeable vibration. Now FNA says numerous 599's have this issue yet they tried a new replacement valve that allows oil to the front cooler once the engine is warm. I might add this problem only exists when the car is hot and seems to be more pronounced when cornering. Ferrari has told me thats all they can do, nothing is wrong with the car and just drive and enjoy it. Its an enjoyable car but the noise concerns me as does Ferraris response.
    I contacted two specialty Ferrari mod shops and neither had ever heard of this before and expressed that no one could be expected to live with this.

7. technician F

technician F Karting

Sep 15, 2009
    replace the engine can solve the problem