Ferrari Enzo parked in Livingston anyone on here? | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo parked in Livingston anyone on here?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rmani, Nov 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    I had a great time at the R C Dolner rally. I brought my Enzo, 458, and my 16M. A total of 5 trophies were awarded to me from the event including "Best in show." While it was nice to win these trophies, the people I met and the people I renewed my acquaintance with made the day. There were so many people, 200 cars, that I lost count of how many people came up to me and/or I went up to them to say hello. It was a friendly group and a good time was had by all.

I look forward to attending this huge rally next year.

2. slice

slice Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2008
    Connecticut, US
    Congrats Tax Dr. on the nice write up in the FNA newsletter!

3. FerrariRFan

FerrariRFan Karting

Mar 1, 2010
    Basking Ridge, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard Fan
    Yes, a very nice article written about Rich:
    http://enewsferrari.com/imgs/ferrari/ogaij/06_2010_Landing/ONE_DRIVERS_RACE.htm?utm_source=zetamail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JUNE_ENEWS&utm_content=ONE_DRIVERS_RACE

I don't think I can add anymore nice things to say about Rich that hasn't already been said but just want to say that he really made my day at the last C&C event by letting me move his brand new 458. Even though it was only for a few feet, I can now say that "I've driven a Ferrari 458". At the exotic car tour last Sunday, he brought his Enzo, 16M, and 458. His collection was the center of attention at that event. I was driving a white Lotus Exige that day and my 9 yr old son keeps telling me to catch up to his 16M so that he can take a picture :) If his goal is to bring a smile to people with his cars then I'm sure he succeeded but I think more importantly, he gives people a warm feeling inside knowing that there are still people like him around with a big heart.

4. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    Thank you

5. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    You are too kind...I had a great time that day...

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I read the article and was enjoying it and then saw the part about Fchat. I wondered how I had missed what was surely a great thread. I found it and it has not been a disappointment! Great read and a great story, it's always great to hear about a generous owner sharing his cars and his passion.

I wish you the best!!

7. slice

slice Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2008
    Connecticut, US
    I am an active FCA member in the New England Region and though my stable has but one horse, I, like you, do everything I can to spread the joy. In the last month I've given 3 charity rides driving an 8, 10 and 80 year old. All first time in a Ferrari. The response is always the same and I love doing it.

The world in general (not just our Ferrari world) should have more Tax Dr's out there.

8. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #583 andrew911, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    Yes- a great write up in that article and thanks for posting the link! I forwarded the article to my family- they have heard about Rich and saw the 360 suddenly appear in my garage last year... now they know why! I met Rich last year and he and his sharing of the experience of his collection inspired me to go for my dream and finally upgrade to a Ferrari- the wife was on board and the rest is history! Little did I know the drive in Rich's Enzo and 599 that day would cost me so much money :)

He's an inspiration for young people (or anyone) to work hard to reach their life's goals, also a model Ferrari owner who sets an example of how to behave and to share the Ferrari experience with others, and finally to live life to the fullest!

-Andrew

9. joemartino

joemartino Karting
    BANNED

Jul 27, 2008
    GLEN COVE
    #584 joemartino, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. jheppner

jheppner Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    NY
    #585 jheppner, Jul 10, 2010
  11. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Cant believe I had never seen this thread. What a great read!

12. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    Broke my right ankle...can not drive for at least six weeks...it was hurting for the last 4 weeks but over this past weekend the pain became too much to ignore...not sure how it happen...have had several offers to become my driver...oh well...it is something that will get better over time...my cars will be sent to F of LI for service while I am recovering.

13. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Sorry to hear, take it easy and you'll be back to normal quicker than you think.

14. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    Thanks....I feel better now that I am wearing the high boot.

15. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    Sorry to hear. Get well soon.

16. azzkikr9

azzkikr9 Karting

Nov 2, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mr. G
    Richie,

Very sorry to hear the news on your ankle. I've already replied to your message...I was out of town and had no internet access. All is well and no problem at all with your request. I hope your ankle heals promptly and correctly. You see what happens when you press on the accelerator too hard LOL!! Be well, and receive my best!

17. jheppner

jheppner Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    NY
    #592 jheppner, Jul 20, 2010
  18. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    Looking at the pictures makes me realize how much I miss the car and driving it. Five to seven more weeks to have the ankle fully recover before I take the fleet out for a run. Hope...hope...the 599GTO will arrive shortly(Sept/Oct????) after I return to a more normal life. Thanks for the pictures.

19. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Terrible to hear about your foot.

Your 458 is unbelievable.

How did you order the GTO? Color/interior?

Anxiously awaiting the next Cavallino! :D

20. FerrariRFan

FerrariRFan Karting

Mar 1, 2010
    Basking Ridge, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard Fan
    Hope you get well soon Rich. Five to seven weeks is a long wait. I remember last time when I hurt my back, I couldn't move for over a week and driving was the one thing I really really missed. Hopefully thinking about the arrival of the 599 GTO will help ease your pain :)

21. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    When the 16M was revealed it was yellow/black with a lot of options...I liked the way it looked and felt if the factory put together this way to be
    shown to the public then that is the way I ordered it. I saw the 599GTO at FNA in Englewood NJ....It was red/black with greyish black roof with a lot of options...I liked the way it looked...therefore I ordered it the same way...I am an easy guy to please and thinks that almost any way a Ferrari is put together is a beautiful thing to behold...It is not rocket science... I just rely on the "experts" at the factory.

22. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    Yes it will...and thank you.

23. bigshoguns

bigshoguns Rookie

Jun 2, 2007
    Rich, I wish I was done with physical therapy school. I would have offered you some free PT for another chance to check out your cars. Get well soon!!

24. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    Hi All,

You may or may not know that I have been on crutches with a stress fracture of my right ankle for the last 10 days. Yesterday while at home getting ready to walk down a flight of stairs I lost my balance, went head first down the flight of stairs, and wound up on the first floor. I was brought to the hospital where it was determined that I had a broken right hand and a broken left elbow. Fortunately, I do not need any surgery but I am completely incapacitated since I have three broken limbs. I am in good spirits and will be released from the hospital shortly. Once I am released from the hospital, I will be in a rehab for 7 to 10 days and then home for several weeks thereafter.

It will be very difficult for me to respond to any of your emails, calls, etc. I will make every effort to try to respond to any and all correspondence.

Please, please, please do not send any flowers or gifts. If you want to do something for me, make a donation to one of the Parkinson’s Foundations.

I fully expect to have a complete recovery and be back in the office sometime in September.

Thank you for all your good wishes and prayers.

Richie

25. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    Rich,
    I think I speak for everyone on FChat when I say our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care and God willing you'll have a speedy recovery. The "Ferrari withdrawal" you're going to experience will be worse than any broken bones, LOL. It's only temporary though. Ciao!

Mark