NW Auto Salon - 2 Thumbs UP!!! | FerrariChat

NW Auto Salon - 2 Thumbs UP!!!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by yb360, Jul 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    I would like to publicly thank Blake, Ben and their team for doing an amazing job detailing my '66 Shelby GT350 with a Paxton supercharger last week, and for doing whatever it took to get it done for my show on Saturday morning.

It didn't arrive here from Oklahoma until Wednesday night, so Blake and his guys came out to my house to work on it both Thursday and Friday. (it needed a lot of cleaning and polishing work to make it pristine) They literally worked from 10 AM until 11 PM on Friday night to get every last finishing touch done on it so it would be ready for formal judging on Saturday morning.

With the help of their work, it won an MCA Gold award which is the highest award available for it in its class.

I think that Blake took some before and after pics while they were working on it. Hopefully he'll post some photos here for everyone to see the improvements that they made to it.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your help.

John

2. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Congrats on the win John!!!!!

And, +1 on NWAS!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!

Mike

3. '77 308GTB

'77 308GTB Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    TD
    #3 '77 308GTB, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi John,

We've only met once or twice I think, and I didn't realize you were even at the event. I did see your winning car and it is awesome! Just so happens I was there also with my KR I bought last year in Monterey, and after a ton of work ($$$) I also won an MCA Gold in Division V. I missed the awards ceremony Sunday, but was there all day Saturday. Here's a pic of my car, and hope to see you around next time. Todd
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    John, now I am especially disappointed that I missed coming out on Sunday! I over slept then got caught up in some other projects and by the time I remembered, it was already past 2pm and figured it was too late to start over there.... :(

5. silversurfer

silversurfer Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Bobo
    John, it was an honor and congratulations on a well deserved win for a very special vehicle. Thank you for allowing the crew into your space. If anyone has any doubts whether a true award winning level detail can be achieved remotely, this should put the doubts to rest. When given a bright and spacious garage to work with..anything can be achieved.

6. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    Hi Todd -

Sorry I missed you. I was there all day on Saturday and actually had quite a bit of free time that day (unlike Sunday). It would have been nice to catch up.

Congrats on your Division V Gold. I'm sure you put a lot of work and money into your car to get it to that level. It's not an easy thing to do in any of the divisions.

I guess I should have mentioned in my initial post that mine was entered in Division I, "Concours Trailored", just to be a bit more specific about it; but I actually didn't think there would be anybody reading this here who would be familiar with the different divisions in the MCA.

I'd really like to thank Blake and his team for everything they did with the car. They literally had 3 guys spend 4 hours underneath my car cleaning and detailing the suspension and undercarriage (yeah, 12 man hours underneath the car); before they started on the parts of the car that anyone can actually see! I'll post some pics as soon as I have them.

7. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    Sorry we missed you Dave. I'm sure you would have had a good time. Hopefully we'll catch up one of these days.

8. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    Thanks again for your help with this. I appreciate it and look forward to working with you guys again soon.

9. 503motoring

503motoring Karting

Mar 13, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Woot, woot, congrats NWAS!

10. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    #10 MordaloMVD, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
    You guys do a great job as was proven when you came to my place to do three cars. The only issue we had was, that guy the at no longer works with you, undoing all the good work by constantly trying to hump the left front fender of my SLR. :D:D Trust me, Blake has pictures. :) Did he get help for that? :) What do you call that, an autophile?

11. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    John, your new garage and all the CARS look great!!

Nice work NWAS!

12. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    Thanks Gary. I'm very happy with their work.

13. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    John:

Do you have to put the ramps on your lifts to get your cars on and off? That's the only thing I hate about my 4-Post lift. I can't keep the ramps on the lift because the garage door won't shut with them on. So, every time I take the Countach out or bring it back, I have to stop, get out, put the ramps down, drive on, take the ramps off, etc....

I've thought about ordering the aluminum ramps since they weigh a lot less than the steel ones!

BTW, your garage looks fantastic!!!!

Mike

14. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Awesome garage. I have those exact same lifts! And I moved mine in deep enough so that I can close the garage door with the ramps on.

15. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    Currently I have to remove the ramps to close the garage doors. If I move the lifts forward about 4", I can leave the ramps in place and I may decide to do that. I do a lot of work and have quite a bit of traffic in front of the cars (lifts) though, so I placed them as close to the garage doors as I could when I put them in. I generally keep cars on top of the lifts that I don't use very often, so I really don't have to move the ramps on and off much. I have aluminum ramps on my lift in the front garage - they're definitely MUCH lighter than the steel ones that come with these lifts.

16. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    I'll probably do the same at some point.