CANCEL FCA MEMBERSHIP | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CANCEL FCA MEMBERSHIP

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Dincenzo, Sep 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I know some of you are looking for a fight, but I'm not interested. I'm just trying to nicely answer questions. I used the word "entity" because that's what some IRS documentation uses, and I don't know (or care) if FCA is a corporation or LLC or whatever.

2. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    C'mon Mike...we want answers!!!! Just kidding.

I'm not sure why people are "going after" Mike. If you want to cancel membership, then cancel it. Not sure what canceling membership will do or how it will affect anything. If you are trying to make a statement, ok...but do you really think FCA will care? I don't know. I don't think "punishing" the club as a whole is going to affect anything.

Dave asked that we wait and see how it plays out. If you support him, I say we do as he suggests. Just my $0.04 (inflation).

3. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #28 jimmyb, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
    No offense or fight starting was intended.

Jimmy

4. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #29 elgin328, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
    Is the Southeast region growing by adding members

or

Losing members?

Could someone post real data #'s (by year) lets say... past 10yrs to current.

If membershipis falling then Charles needs to go!!

I know in Ga. If it not for Will Cambell @ FoA , Ferrari chat members like Tom S. Bob R. & others.... we would have only one event... Roebling Road.

5. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.

Wish I knew for the whole region but for NC I can tell you we're up over 20% in the 15 months since I've been involved and tracking it. I suspect a similar situation for SC. So, if the region is up, it'd likely only be b/c of the Carolinas.

6. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    I think we all need to sit back, take a deep breath, and just let this thing play out and see what happens. I want us to get back on a "positive path" and I don't think all the mud slinging and negative posts are helping matters...

The 2011 National Meet is a very important event for our region. There is no doubt in my mind that if the NC and SC Chapters keep plugging away and stay on the right path, this can be the best FCA National Meet EVER!!! Don't cancel your membership... Instead, get involved with your chapter and let's get busy on this meet... It's 9 months away and we don't need all this drama. I feel like I'm caught up in an episode of "Housewifes of Orange County" or Jersey Shore"... This is nuts!

David Scott, no matter what happens with all of this, I want you to help me with the Marketing for the National Meet. You and I will be a "comittee" for the marketing and we will knock 'em out. I just got signed up for Constant Contact today so it's on!!!

Come on guys... Let's get back on track. Let FCA National work out this "mess" that's been started and we can get back to business. We have the Camden SC event coming up and also the Hilton Head Concours... these are GREAT events and I hope to see everyone that has been posting in support for David. Let's all show our support by participating in these next two events!!!

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    When where is it going to be?

8. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Next June in Savannah. Bring a cooler and plenty of ice!!!

Guys, I started this thread in support of David Scott, however after talking with many of you, and watching both threads, I have come to the realization that cancelling memberships is not the answer. We should have directed our concerns to the president of the FCA instead of Charles.

What has become apparent is that Charles must go from the position of RD. Allow him to save face and resign, or force his dismissal (sounds familiar). Once this is done, we can get back to the matter at hand, preparing for what will be one of the best national meets in the history of the FCA.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That is correct, Sir.

Glad everybody's taking this good advice.

10. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Maybe. I would agree more with it said this way....

Leaving the club by cancelling one's membership over a here-and-now issue -- until we see how it is resolved would merely be "reactionary" rather than "well considered", in my opinion. This too shall pass. If not, then you know the state of the club and can make your choice.

11. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    OMG! It's going to be so stinkin' hot!

12. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    I'm sure it'll be warm but there was a lot to consider in choosing those dates.

Meets that have been held earlier than June haven't faired well in part due to all that goes along with members still having kids in school with games, graduations, etc.

July-Aug are hotter than June.

Sept-Oct: there's major risk of a hurricane killing an event or at least the threat of it affecting turnout. It would be too risky even though this would be the nicest time of year. Plus the school issue affecting turnout.

Overall we knew we wanted to attract spouses too and we thought it'd be hard to do that when many have too much going on in other times of year with their families, etc.

Let's hope for unseasonably temperate weather! :)

13. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Well maybe for the event...but for the rest of the time I want it hot! I just put in a pool and want to get my money's worth next summer!

We need to have kids stuff at these events. I don't have a spouse anymore, but I have a daughter. We just took the 308 for a ride and she loves it...but she would get bored fast a Ferrari event.

14. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #39 DrStranglove, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Savannh... IN JUNE??????

You're kidding right...?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    David and I were there several times this past June, working on the promotional video for
    the event. Heat index was between 105 and 115 during the day at the track. Now, the
    evenings were perfect. Pleny of nightlife on the riverfront, and the shuttles will take you
    from the hotel across the river every 30 minutes or so up until 11:30.

Seriously, I recommend bringing a cooler and plenty of water. I know we talked about a
    cooling tent, but I'm not sure where that is at the moment. If you have a cool suit, I
    would bring it. If not, it would be a great investment!

16. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Alabama is up also. I don't know about the other states.

17. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I have a cool suit, wide collar and ruffled shirt too.

18. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    #43 resnow, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    Average high for 12 June, 89. Average low, 69.

19. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    That's serious sunstroke weather.

20. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey guys, this meet has so much going for it, I wouldn't dwell on the heat. Never has an national meet been so spouse-friendly. Never has it been so convenient, with 4-star resort, track, concours, and downtown all within 5 minutes on foot. Its such a unique and great situation, especially when compared to some national meets where the track was an hour and a half away, the concours was 45 min away, this reception was 30 min away, that dinner was 45 min away, etc. This situation is perfect.

It'll be hot I'm sure but we're preparing for it as best we can. We'll be budgeting to drown people in water and try to beat the heat in other ways as well. We're working on it. I see no point in dwelling on the heat--it is what it is and concentrating on the heat isn't going to help turnout.

Like I said before, Sept/Oct would've been nice but we'd have lower turnout and the whole thing could be a financial catastrophe for the club if a hurricane even threatened hitting Savannah. That's far more risk than the club can handle.

So, get your significant other's in the loop on this for next year and you have 9 months to grow a pair to handle the heat :)

21. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    As hard as she might try, my then 6 year old will not be able to "grow a pair". ;)

22. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Haha, read carefully...that was for YOU to grow a pair!

What are you doing with a 6-yr old significant other anyway? j/k

23. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    ;) ... well, she happens to be the love of my life. We'll see...maybe I will make it a little weekend getaway for us, with only a short time spent at FCA events so she doesn't get bored.

And by the way, my ex tried taking my pair in the divorce, so I had to hide em ;)

24. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    The last two annual meets hosted by the SE Region were at Road Hotlanta, certainly not the coolest track either of those times (I was at both). FCA-2011 will present the most social, family-friendly, historically significant, convenient, International Meet ever.

25. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    I support my close friend David Scott. Its hard to believe that we have gotten to this point.
    The low key car club that I have loved making new friends in seems to have turned into a scene from Omaha Beach in WWII .I sincerly hope that the ammunition will be put away for a few weeks while feelings and tempers cool. I dont believe cancelling now will prove to be the best long term solution to helping work through the problem. It seems that the National Meet in a few weeks would serve as the perfect opportunity for cooler/smarter heads to work out a resolution.