FCA annual meet in Milleville | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA annual meet in Milleville

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ztarum, Jul 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    Will be attending plus registering for the track as well. A group of us plan to caravan from Annapolis Wed a.m. Hear njmsp is awesome. Annual events only occur about once every 7 years for a region and is great that this one is fairly close to MD.

www.njmotorsportspark.com

Barbara

2. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    +1

I'm pretty much in the same boat. We'd like to go to the concours, but almost $800 for one day is more than I can justify. I'd rather spend the money on the car.

If they end up offering one day spectator tickets I will go that route.

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Will there be spectator tickets?

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I think I am out too. I would be missing one of the days to attend a wedding. Paying $395.00, when I will be missing one day, and can't even take my car on the track seems a little steep. I rather invest that money in the car.

Truth be told, I have been to a lot of F-car events and they are all seeming to blend together anyway.

5. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    #30 captglen, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    I plan on attending at least 3 days hopefully.
    Staying at the Ramada, anyone else staying there ?
    I really wanted to go just one day but since I need to buy the whole event pass, I will just need to do 2 extra days to justify the price. Cheaper then flying to an event and besides it goes to a good cause --- US !!!

6. mdsassaman

mdsassaman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Sassaman
    The registration fee discounted rate ends September 1 so register now to attend the FCA Annual Meet in Millville NJ at New Jersey Motorsports Park. The Meet runs from Sept. 29 to October 3, 2010. After Sept. 1 the registration fee is $100 higher. I hear that some of the hotels are filling up too.

Guys, I know it seems like a lot of $$$ to register but you can't imagine what $$$ it takes to put on a meet like this. We cut costs wherever we could and still want to have a quality FCA Annual Meet. With your registration you get access to all the events, meals included, a great goody bag which is something you will use everyday, a Jay koka new poster made just for this meet, it will surely be a collectors item. You also get an amazing full color collectible Program Book that is only available to registered attendees. The Penn/ Jersey Region and the sponsors are providing lots of other items in each goody bag too. There will be some amazing Scaglietti designed road and race cars from the 50s and we are celebrating the Anniversary of the 250 GTE as well.

Check out www.fca2010.org to see what you will be missing if you don't register and attend.

Mike
    FCA 2010 Annual Meet Chairman

7. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ?

8. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If you're hardly making enough to pay for the event, I can't understand why you're limiting the inflow. Do you know how many a la carte attendees are waiting for you to open it up for them, many of whom are owners?

9. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    That and the non-owners, fans of the marque, prospective owners, exotic spotters, photographers, etc. All of whom would cheerfully pay a reasonable daily access fee and wouldn't cost the club anything at all since they wouldn't be at any of the ticketed events like meals. In this economy I'm almost shocked that it isn't being opened up to allow non-FCA members a way in to appreciate these cars. I'm disappointed since this is the first one @ NJMP but it doesn't matter for me personally - I'll be at Petit anyway. ;)

10. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    So I guess there isn't going to be a "single day" ticket available for the FCA meet this week? Just checking...

11. Rob in Potomac

Rob in Potomac Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Looks like no reduced registration for single day. Unfortunate, as because of conflicts I was able to attend only one day at the last Nationals a few years ago in Herndon. I think I paid $100 which permitted me to walk around and view the cars and purchase items from on-site vendors.

Currently, trying to make a decision as to when to arrive on Thursday - as Concours in the rain is likely not going to be heavily attended.

Rob in Potomac

12. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That would be correct... we did offer a formula junior ticket that allowed you access to the concours and mercado.... no food, track or tech sessions though. I'm sure it was discussed as lessons learned from previous meets is a topic when the Board of Directors meet in march of each year. If I recall correctly though you still had to be a member. $100.00 for the FCA MAR which is still the least expensive of all the regions.

13. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C

I was told from an EXTREMELY reliable source by PM that it's $50 at the door for a "single day" ticket. Just so you're aware Rob. I know what you mean though, cause my plan was to go on Thursday as well and you're exactly right, I'm not going if it's going to pour on Thursday. It's a shame cause I had been waiting anxiously for this weekend, maybe the concours will be moved because of the impending storm on Thursday. Have a great weekend!

Mark

14. Rob in Potomac

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Concours being moved to paved track and pit area. I hope that you are correct about the one day fee, while I am going for the entire weekend, it would permit those with limited time to attend some portion of the events.

Rob

15. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    I have "not" been told by an extremely reliable source that it is $50 at the door. I would hope that all FCA members in good standing would be notified by email if there is to be a discount offered at the last minute. My first becoming a member in the mid 1980's should at least be worth that much effort.

I really don't mean to offend anyone by this post. I have remained loyal to this club and it's members for many years and would appreciate that courtesy in return.

BTW as far as pushing membership or attendance at these events I would like to add that I tried to get an unbelievable amount of support and publicity for this event.

I am a photojournalist and sometimes writer for the largest newspaper in Delaware. We are the same company as USA Today and hundreds of other papers around the country. We share stories about interesting things throughout our publications and I believe this would have been a story with wide National appeal and huge appeal for NJMP as we are based very close. Maybe 45 minutes from the track. I had been given the OK to do a good story about the whole weekend event.

I asked for press credentials for this event and the Ferrari Challenge Race. NJMP did not reply for requests months ago and follow-up phone calls were not returned for either event.

I also contacted the event chairman and was told it wasn't his job and to contact Pietro. I sent registration form with credential request and e-mail to no avail. I was also told by Algar who wanted me to shoot the event for them that they had asked and basically had not gotten a specific answer back.

This doesn't affect anyone here but me and I'm sure no one cares about my whining, but I really have no sympathy for the hard luck attendance and money story from the club of which I am a member.

I personally believe these events could be held for much less money and still be wonderful.
    Look at the events that Jon Walton holds. (Free) and the very nice time at Bella every year. I think it was 150 for 3 days for two people .

For all those that put out the money ahead of time I feel bad if there is any effect on the events. Perhaps if their had been an access pass for the three days for say $150 I would definitely have bought that ahead of time as would I believe hundreds of others in the area.

Again not trying to offend anyone but this was a great opportunity at a great track within reach of more potential attendees then most areas that hold the nationals. New York to DC is a very accessible audience.

Bob

16. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    I know it can't be easy putting on an event such as this, but it truly makes no sense limiting attendance options when the event planners are concerned about the financial outcome. How many people do they think they can attract with the non-tracking, multi-day ticket option? How many semi-local, non-tracking attendees can go enough of the days that it make sense dollar wise? IMO, it really only makes sense for those coming from a distance. Regardless of whether they track or not, they're making a trip out of it...they plan on staying for most of the event. For people who want to track, that's a different story, you've got to pay to play. Plus, if you're planning on tracking (a major part of the meet, IMO), you're likely more open to a multi-day experience...at least two days of tracking, alone.

I'm sure they'd rather sell an expensive multi-day ticket than a single day ticket. However, the number of people they risk passing on the multi-day ticket by offering a single day ticket would surely be made up in volume. Plus, it would still be a rather expensive ticket, so that would prevent over-attendance. Now, you make everyone happy. Even NJMP offers options for their events...one day ticket, two day, etc. What's wrong with tickets and/or colored bracelets that denote a one day pass or all-days pass, etc. Someone couldn't get in the next day if they didn't have the correct ticket? They'd have to buy another one day ticket.

Sure, it's a bit screwed up offering a one day ticket now, after people sprung for the multi-day ticket (some of which probably can't even attend all of the days). The option should have been offered from the beginning. I know I would have attended (as a spectator) one of the track days. Plus, I would have driven the car there...maybe even caravan with other owners. Would have been nice.

17. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #42 barcheta, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    You make some very good points Bob. Very surprising that no one responded to your request. I wonder if the folks running Cavallino have any of these issues.... I'm thinking no.

18. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Is this true? If it doesn't rain too hard I may come up there just in case, it's only a few minutes away from me.

19. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Bob,

Really sorry to read about all your non-responses for press credentials. Very sad state of affairs.

Reminds me of the saying "The opposite of love is not hate, but apathy".

20. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    So, we've mentioned that there is a one day pass for $50...can this "reliable source" confirm that it applies also for the track event as a spectator? Or is it only for the concours?

Thanks,
    LS

21. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    If you're traveling a distance, I would not count on a day-pass unless it's confirmed by an FCA rep. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but just know that it may not. mdsassaman has been posting event info in this thread and fielding questions about a day-pass, but he has not confirmed anything, afaik.

Plus, those interested in this day-pass would also need to know if it's available to non-FCA members.

22. Rob in Potomac

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I am at the Nationals and would find it hard to believe that someone could not come to the track on Saturday or Sunday as a spectator - for a token amount, if not for free. In fact, if it helps, you can come out to watch me drive.

Rob in Potomac

23. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    #48 captglen, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    I am here as well and while the weather has held up attendence is not what I would call great. Some really really great cars to see. I am sure you can get in if come to the front gate. Weather is supposed to be great the rest of the week.

Rob it's a shame they didn't come thru with credentials as I saw a few photographers there and you should have been there as well.... no question about it !!
    You are a huge asset to us and your pictures speak for themselves

24. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
  25. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004