Replica watches | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Replica watches

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by ryankjb, Oct 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buggin

Buggin Karting

Dec 8, 2006
    Farmersville, TX
    Full Name:
    die langsame
    I managed to get sucked in by this particular vendor in a Bahraini market, and picked up a rather convincing Omega replica for 30BD ($90US at the time).

I only wore it every-now-and-then, as I am not a huge fan of large watches.

It managed to wind up missing while hopping around the Pacific Rim after getting back from the Gulf. Haven't really thought about wearing a watch daily, but with the designs that have been coming out the last few years, I would look at getting one for special occasions.

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    i just received my DSSD from BK and it is fabulous the closest to gen out there

3. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    So I decide to modify my fake Ferrari Panerai, and I open it up expecting to find quartz guts, but it is an automatic! I had no idea. Why would a fake watch have automatic movement? It must be cheaper than a battery. I am impressed.

It was hard to read the time because of all the dials. I removed the second hand and stopwatch hand. It reads so much easier now.

BTW, I was supposed to give this watch to Pap a long time ago, but when I pulled it out to mail it to him, I started wearing it again. Sorry Pap.

4. Kasi

Kasi Rookie

Nov 2, 2007
    Miami/Aruba
    Full Name:
    Karsten
    #554 Kasi, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Never buy a Fake Daytona they are to big i can spot them right away on a Bar or on a Table next to me ( just happened lat week at ZUMA in Miami ) If you want to go Rep the way to go is Vintage Panerai or Rolex those are the best out there not easy to snap but well worth the Money .
    Your average Replica side like Eden will not have them in this quality . But they are out there

Here some pics what is possible .

May I Introduce you to the Ferrari's of Replicas . Have Fun Gentleman !!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Kasi

Kasi Rookie

Nov 2, 2007
    Miami/Aruba
    Full Name:
    Karsten
    For the Rolex Guys out there
    here he does only 4 ROLEX Models but Top of the line stuff those are considered the best ones out of the Box without Mods .

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/

I relay cannot see anymore that you guys spend Money on Crab Reps .

6. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Thats right!! :mad::mad:

You bloody *******!! :D:D

You're right mate, glad to hear you are enjoying it mate! I know I would have. :D:D

7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Kasi where did the watches in your collection come from beside WM9?

8. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Who carries top quality Ferrari Panerai?

9. Kasi

Kasi Rookie

Nov 2, 2007
    Miami/Aruba
    Full Name:
    Karsten
    The Good stuff Comes from the Legendary Maria aka the original MBW from back in the Days .
    He is still around in the German Forum from Time to Time .

10. Kasi

Kasi Rookie

Nov 2, 2007
    Miami/Aruba
    Full Name:
    Karsten

Here the Ferrari Line up those are all in descent quality even the Gold Chrono is a nice piece., my Buddy has one, looks and feels Good .
    http://www.puretimewatch.com/category/panerai/

Never forget a simple Movement holds much longer as an Complicated Chrone in the end those are Reps !!
    And get yourself a set of Watchmaker Screwdrivers then the first thing you do after got a Rep is go to all of those tiny screws and check if there are tide ( what is mostly not the case ) !!!!!

If you need any advise let me know .

11. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    anyone know who carries excllent quality Jean Dunand?

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #562 PAP 348, Sep 17, 2010
    Ordered this Tag Link 200m from Watcheden for a mate. :D:D

Arrived today, best $100 you will ever spend. It is very very nice. :D:D

He is going to be very happy with it. :):)

Its still wrapped in plastic in these quick pics I took for him. :):)

It feels really comfortable on my wrist due to the thick/comfy wrist band. I love it and should get one myself. :):)

The Tag Carerra of mine in my pics feels great to wear, but not as nice as this Link. ;);)

13. SBrooks

SBrooks Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2009
    Bend Oregon
    Full Name:
    Sam Brooks
    I have never owned a replica watch but I have two real rolexs a daytona and a president but i have owned several cheap watches swiss army Geneva ect... and they felt cheap is it just in my head because i really like the richard mille knock offs but im afraid i'd buy it and never wear it because i know its fake

14. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I haven't seen a RM, but the other ones like a Hublot or Rolex don't feel cheap or fake. I bought a rep Deep Sea Sea Dweller and honestly, the band feels better than it does on my real Rolexes, a SS sub w/ no date and a two-tone Sub that cost a hell of a lot more than the fake.

15. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Don't know, but if you find one can you let me know. Ever since I saw one on the back of a Forza mag I've wanted one, but since they cost hundreds of thousands....theres not much a chance, for now anyway.

16. malebomb01

malebomb01 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2010
    Big D
    I am totally against fake of anything, but it seems you guys here support fake watches. Do you guys thinks a Fiero based 355/360 is ok?

17. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I'll be honest, normally I'm not a fan of replicas, but I did pick up a knock off Patek Phillipe on a recent trip to NYC. Looks cool, no one really knows any different unless they even know what a Patek is. Heck, for a nice looking day to day beater, I'll wear it until it breaks, then go back to my Tag and Movado Vizio. Just a different flavor for a different mood.

18. cyclisto

cyclisto Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Utopia
    Full Name:
    Sy Kleesteau
    Based on the number of wannabe-Ferrari-less dreamers on this forum, I'm not surprised that many would wear replicas. Are there any Ferrari replica owners that wear fake watches? How classic would that be!?!?!

A Ferrari-Rolex-replica-owner-driver??? OMFG.

19. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I'm toying with the idea of ordering a Rolex Sub from watcheden for a mate (and huge James Bond fan) who's had a terrible year. I'll have to buy the proper NATO band separately, though.

Not a fan of rep watches at all, but it'd be the perfect cheer-up gift...especially as the real thing is $12,500 USD on Ebay right now!

20. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    For accuracy I won't get it from watch eden. I did a lot of research before buying one ...

21. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    #571 Il Vecchio, Oct 18, 2010
    Well, I'll appreciate any and all leads!

Here is what I am looking for...it's a Submariner with orange markings on a black dial, no date or cyclops, nd which has (or takes) a "NATO" wristband.

22. GunRunner

GunRunner Rookie

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Would anyone out there buy a fake Ferrari and feel good about it? The joy of owning a fine timepiece is the quality of design and engineering that goes in to it, it's functional art; much the same as a fine automobile. Fake is Fake.

23. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    On my end, it's to cheer up a good buddy (and huge Bond fan)
    who's going through a tough year...and I don't have $12.5k to shell out for the real thing for him. I wish I did!

24. GunRunner

GunRunner Rookie

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Might I suggest getting your friend a Tudor (related to Rolex) and fitting a NATO band to it. I bet you could be done for less than $1500.

25. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Plenty of people do own fake cars and feel good about it because they feel like they have the same thing without paying the price.

I.E. rep Lambos or real FerrARI TO challenge car

Also it any different when people wear copies of real jewelry even when they own it, its technically fake .