Ridiculous | FerrariChat

Ridiculous

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrari4204, Sep 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    I traded in my 430 right around Thanksgiving of last year and have since followed the vehicle. Since I traded it in November in the Chicago area it ended up going to Chicago Motor Cars where it sat for around 4 months and then it ended up at a dealership in Florida where it has sat ever since. Here is the link for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-430-Spider-F1-2006-Ferrari-F430-Spider-F1-BLK-BLK-CARBON-LOADED-/250701727358?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a5efcc67e#ht_38042wt_1167

The worst part about all of this, outside of the fact the car has been sitting for the last year, the warranty actually expired on it as of 8/10/10. I can't believe these dealers just let these cars sit on their lots during the short amount of time the cars are actually under warranty.
    That car was fantastic, absolutely perfect and they must just be too proud to let it go. Its been for sale for 11 months and they still have it priced almost 20k more than I traded it for. Has anyone else had a similar experience. I cant believe this car still has not sold.

FWIW I had a scare and thought I was going to have some kids which got to promptly trade in my beloved 430 for a new Range Rover, which actually has 30 more horses. I have since avoided that scare and live life with a 360 spider in addition to the Rover.

2. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Beautiful Car!

3. rcuming

rcuming Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Reid
    The asking price is nuts.

4. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Yes, but listed for WAY too much!!!

5. mikebrinda

mikebrinda Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2008
    There are two types of people I have yet to figure out:

Landlords and car dealers

Mike

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You can add politicians to that list

7. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    1+

8. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    I've been waiting and watching for people to talk about that dealer. Their inventory, especially in LP640's, seems pretty good, but what I would have thought were desirable cars seem to sit there a long time.

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Most likely due to price!

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its the economy, stupid. :)

11. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    I can that this particular 430 is a fantastic vehicle that it perfect. The previous owner maintained it perfectly as well as myself and all the receipts went with the car. They do have a nice inventory but their prices are high. I am pretty sure that this car in particular has been priced the same since they have had it in inventory.
    I also traded it with a staggered pair of solid black HRE's that made that car look sinister. I am surprised there are not pictures of the car with them. I am sure they were probably sold long ago though. I should have kept them as they would look great on my 360. Hindsight I guess.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Warranty or no...they cannot conjure up cash customers where none exist...

And Banks are not too fond of writing notes on these toys right now.....

13. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dealer inventory is held at very low interest rates right now, so they are not losing cash exactly, but every day they sit, the price goes down. Makes you wonder if the dummies do not think the good old days are coming back. Not likely.

Maybe there are a few people out there who buy used cars without checking internet prices, but they must be pretty rare about now.

Car is beautiful. I actually like those factory wheels. They look great on 360s, too.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

14. Speedy2081

Speedy2081 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    Don't forget women

15. bmw550i

bmw550i Karting

Feb 1, 2008
    whyd you sell her for ??

16. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    At the time I had just found out that the girl I was dating was pregnant, learned it was going to be twins which prompted me to feel like an SUV was needed over a sports car. Something seemed to feel that I wasn't quite ready for kids and she lost them. As many of you know the Ferrari virus is a hard thing to kick and as soon as it got warm I was on the hunt again. Given the fact I was able to purchase a 360 spider for half of what I paid for the 430 I decided to go that route and have been very happy.

17. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    I do wish that car would go to a good owner. I really hate that the warranty expired on a lot. I get all of the economy stuff and I know that the cars are paid for using a line of credit but the dealerships are still most likely paying over 5% on their line of credit and given that someone has still paid $7500 of interest at the minimum for that car to sit for a year. They must really think the market is coming back.

18. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    With that color and that year it should now sell for about what you traded it in for.

19. 4EverRosso

4EverRosso Rookie

Feb 15, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Erik
    How do the miles compare to when you unloaded it? Maybe the dealers have been driving it (with dealer plates) and therefore have not been too concerned with a sale.

20. bmw550i

bmw550i Karting

Feb 1, 2008
    360 is just as hott ...good luck

21. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    It's racked up less than 200 miles since I let it go.

22. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'm interested in some opinions on what the market value of this car might be? My own thinking is that it's probably ~$150k, but with some downside from there (like maybe toward $140k) since (1) the winter is approaching and (2) 458s will be arriving so more and more people will be rolling out of their 430s into 458s, putting further downward pressure on the market value of 430s.

This is question is not out of idle curiosity. I sold my 360 about 18 months ago and I have the itch to get into a 430. I haven't explored every car available in the market, but I've taken an interest in a few, including this one... - Brian

23. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

#23 SrfCity, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    The ebay ad didn't show the tool kit, books, cover etc. in the pics? I'd be curious if it went MIA at one of the dealers? Probably no secret that it disappears in their possession. If you've been following it, when's the last time you saw them? ;)

24. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #24 TG, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Private Party vs. Dealership factors this, as one may be more willing to budge on $ than the other.
    You may find a high $140k Spider in the coming months, just depends on the situation around the car...

:)

25. ferrari4204

ferrari4204 Karting

Oct 16, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Cory
    I didn't notice they were not in the pictures. Tool kit, books and bag full of covers were all with the car when I traded it in as well as a set of HRE wheels matched with Rosso's. from what I have seen on ebay you can probably pick up over a grand for the books and covers and if anyone knows where those rims are I would be glad to buy them back as they would look great on my 360 spider