430 battery replacement help needed | FerrariChat

430 battery replacement help needed

Discussion in '360/430' started by jir591, Nov 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jir591

jir591 Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    It time for a new battery for my 430. I've gone through some of the posts here and it looks like the Interstate MT34R appears to be (from a fit standpoint) a good replacement.

I understand that once the battery is replaced you have to go through a startup cycle for the car. I've seen some posts referred to it but have not found the exact instructions.

Can someone point me the information? Thanks.

2. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    1) Switch the master switch back on - wait 10 minutes
    2) Switch off every thing you can like headlights, aircon, ventilation. There should minimum electrical consumption
    2) Insert the key and cycle without starting the engine - wait 10 minutes
    3) Start the engine and let it idle for at least 10 minutes

You're ready go ;-)

3. jir591

jir591 Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Thanks. Just to clarify, On step #(2-3), you said, "Insert the key and cycle without starting the engine - wait 10 minutes" are you saying leave the ignition on for 10 min. without starting?

4. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    My pleasure. Yes, that's right, just leave the ignition on without starting the engine having everything else switched off including the radio, ventilation, lights, etc. Equipements can be switched on again after letting the engine idling for min. 10 minutes (relearning process).