Finally got my Ferrari | FerrariChat

Finally got my Ferrari

Discussion in '308/328' started by reidem, Nov 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reidem

reidem Rookie

Nov 5, 2010
    Bergen,Norway
    Full Name:
    Rolf Eidem
    #1 reidem, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would like to share with you my Ferrari story that took more than 30 years to fulfill. Being a young student pilot and training with the US army in 1977 I celebrated christmas vacation in Miami, FL.
    One day a car attracted my attention. It was a red Ferrari 308 GTB. I was so impressed over this super car that I decided to buy one in the future.
    It took more than 30 years but now a red 1979 308 GTS is in my garage in cold Norway.
    The car is not in mint condition but with all the super threads and DIY help on the FC it will be...
    I`m new on this forum and really enjoy reading it. Will try to attach pictures of the first one I saw in 1977 and also my new one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Very cool. :) As crazy of a design as the 308 is even now, the first photo really shows how totally otherworldly it was when it first debuted. Compare it with the other cars in the background of the photo!

3. KOURKE

KOURKE Rookie

Jul 13, 2009
    ATLANTA
    Full Name:
    KOURKE
    That car looks great to be 30 years old. Congrats!!!

4. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Fantastic!!! My dream also started about thirty years ago and got fulfilled last year. I am EXTREMELY happy for you.

Congratulations and welcome to the owners circle!!!

PDG

5. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    CONGRATS and great job sticking it out long enough with the dream to get it...
    Welcome.

MB

6. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Beautiful car! Love the wheels....

Welcome to the board - there are a lot of great folks and a wealth of knowledge here.

:)

Jedi

7. mspelt

mspelt Formula Junior

May 28, 2010
    Tallahassee
    Full Name:
    Mark Pelt
    Congratulations! I just took my 328 for a drive on this sunny day in Florida now sitting at the airport headed to Italy. I drive her every chance I get. It took me at least 30 years but it was worth it. Wish you the best and enjoy it!

8. dhalter

dhalter Karting

Aug 2, 2009
    New York
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Those wheels ROCK!
    What are they? What sizes? Did they require spacers?

9. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    What would be very cool is if the owner of the 308 in the 1st pic from 1977 was here on FChat! Congrats on your purchase!

10. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Sweet ride. She looks like a great dream come true.

11. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    My dream Ferrari "back in the day" was the 250 GTO. I'm not holding my breath...;)

12. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
    Congratulations! Beautiful 308 GTS. I love the deeper Euro spoiler and trim Euro bumpers. Well done!

13. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Congratulations, welcome to Ferrari ownership!

14. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nice Euro model and the wheels are perfect. Enjoy------------ I also wanted a 308 from the first time I saw one and it took me 28yrs of English iron before I went Italian. Lost

15. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Congrats, these cars never date, always look great and go well, you will love it.

16. 903L

903L Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2009
    S. Calif. / Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marty K
    What a beautiful ride. The first time I saw a 308 in person was in 1979. It was in a tire store parking lot. I told myself then and there that "someday", I would have one. Thirty years later, in May of 2009, I bought one. Coincidentally, it was a 1979 model. A '79 308 Euro GTS. Mine was first sold in Sweden, not far from you. Congratulations and enjoy your new Ferrari! :D

17. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    Welcome to the club brother
    I remember late 70s wanted my dad to get me a wrecked 308 as project he said no go lol he said I did not need a car that layed 300 ft of skid marks before rear ending speeding car and early 80s I said some day I will own a Ferrari. 3 years ago the dream came true.

18. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Congratulations, Rolf! That's a beautiful GTS. Drive it in good health.

Your story parallels mine in many ways. I saw a 308 GTB at the New York International Auto Show in 1976 and hoped one day to own one. I bought my 1976 GTB in January 2002.

Barry

19. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Congrats! Took the Mondi out for a spin on Saturday, north of Auckland theres a stretch of road leading to a tunnel, very fast and empty so I used it. Over the brow and a wee bit over the limit and two cop cars with lights on in the middle of the meridian......brakes work really well for a 28 year old car!