Mondial QV wheel & tire question | FerrariChat

Mondial QV wheel & tire question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 4re308, Nov 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey everyone, I'm curious to know what you Mondial QV owners have done about replacing those dreaded metric Michelins. I have to replace tires on our 85 Euro Mondial QV Cab and Coker Tire is the only place that has suitable replacement tires, but they are $500+ per tire. My other option is I can buy a set of Mondial 3.2 staggered wheels and new tires for less than $2k. What do you guys think?? I don't think it would look bad at all.

2. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    On my '83 QV:
    Superformance rims
    Toyo tires, 205 front/225 rear
    Suspension geometry adjusted according to the 16" Mondial set-up

3. BAturb

BAturb Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #3 BAturb, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Many of them have posted their experiences so you could try taking a look here (and for 308)

5. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i too went with the Superformance 16's...but with a Michelin 215 (F) and 225 (R).
    as long as use don't use the ugly center caps that they provide, i can't imagine a better choice...factory look and handling to match.

6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Buy a set of 348 wheels. Its the cheapest way to have original "F" wheels in 17" diameter.

Opens up more choices in performance tires too. They actually look better on Mondials than 348's!

7. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
    If you aren't particular about having F-Car wheels, you can use Volvo fitment wheels. I selected a set of wheels from America's Tires (Voxx brand, I believe) in 17" size. I thought they were handsome, and the modern rubber (Yokohama AVS100) were not only stickier, but the larger wheels made turning the manual steering in my former Mondial QV much easier as well as more communicative.

8. flyngti

flyngti Formula 3

Jul 16, 2009
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Eric L
    WOW! That is an absolutely gorgeous view of your Mondial. That viewing angle combined with the contrast of black on red is just stunning.

9. Mfoncerrada

Mfoncerrada Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2009
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Miguel Foncerrada
    348 wheels +1