Replica watches | Page 27 | FerrariChat

Replica watches

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by ryankjb, Oct 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. 2006F430

2006F430 Karting

Dec 10, 2005
    While the delivery of rifter's message could be slightly different, he's isn't lying about anything here. In fact, to me, he seems pretty intelligent. What's the point of having a RM replica? Or any high prized watch replica for that matter? Can someone explain?
    I mean, if wearing fake watches is ok, then why stop there? Why not wear a fake Armani suit (made in China....go ahead try that one) or why not buy a pontiac dressed as a F430 (was on eBay a while back for only 12k)???
    why not steal internet from your neighbor? why not change tags at the mall? Cmon, pathetic.

It all goes back to folks trying to live above and beyond their means. And when they realize they can't, the next best closest thing is faking it. EFF That, no way to live.
    Accept who you are and live life based on what you're capable off. Trying to catch up to others who are light years away, or pretending to "be them" won't solve "your" issue. I don't want to sound like Tony Robins here, but 1st, find Peace within yourself and be happy with who you are what was given to you by God/Nature...or whoever and whatever you believe in. The rest will follow.

FYI: I went to the mall yesterday...(Black Friday sales) and almost everything said "Made in China." Prices were similar to the 10% of products that said "Made in Italy." Hmm...see, I have an issue with that. Finally, I found a nice pair of lamb leather gloves with 100% cashmere inside that weren't made in China and bought them for 50% off. Now that felt fine. Haha. Can you deal with that?

L8R

3. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    +1

4. MITYRARE

MITYRARE F1 Rookie

May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Paul

First off, i can afford any watch I want and a new Ferrari or two or three or four every year if I so desired...but I choose not to be quite so self indulgent .

And by the way...your "cashmere" gloves were made in China and just tagged Italy so as to tap into the upscale ***** market...score one for the Chinese!

beev

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Coming from a person that is not subscribed, LOL.

I understand - we understand - what you are saying, but life just isn't that way anymore, you are preaching to the choir, or however that saying goes.
    But what you don't understand is some of us just don't care to spend 10K on a watch. Yes, we have Seiko's and Timex's - they are fine, but what's wrong with a rep? I don't try to pass it off as a GEN, but you are telling me I can't own one?

Nobody is arguing the merits of what Rifter - or you - are saying, but nobody is telling you how to live your life, why are you preaching to us how to live ours? We can 'deal with that' just fine, whatever that means, far be it for us to dictate to anyone else how to spend their money.

6. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
  7. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Perhaps you shouldn't make snarky, overly-sarcastic comments if you can't back them up?

I'm sorry you feel reality is a "downer".

Some of us don't want to spend 30 bucks at the cinema, what's wrong with just pirating the movie instead?

Some of us don't want to drop a couple grand on a new TV, what's wrong with stealing one from someone's house?

I don't want to pay for cable, why not just buy a black box?

etc etc

By virtue of the included and unauthorized trademark, legally that is exactly what you and the Chinese manufacturer are doing.

"Live and let live" is only a valid excuse when the activity in question doesn't hurt anyone else. As has already been stated counterfeits hurt a company's brand equity by making their luxury products seem less exclusive; exclusivity being the bread and butter of the luxury market. Go ask LV how they feel about it. Or Rolex. Or Lamborghini. Or Ferrari. You have no right to hurt them, however slightly, by helping to proliferate cheap counterfeits of their products.

Shanghai flea market-style anarcho capitalism is a scourge to be wiped out, not supported. Unfortunately, with the advent of broadband internet and P2P technology this parasitic mindset has spread to all reaches of the globe. If left unchecked it will drastically weaken (if not utterly destroy) a number of industries and we will all be worse off as a result.

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

rifter is not all wrong despite what those calling him a troll might think. i cannot help but wonder how many of those ridiculing him are dyed in the wool conservatives? to those that are...this fake watch love affair is clearly a case of wanting it both ways.

i would never, ever own a fake watch and while i make a very good living...i am not able to buy any watch i want when i want it. to the poster that indicated he can buy any ferrari or any four ferraris at his whim but chooses to buy cheap replica watches...i say, i don't think so :).

i think rifter would get some support in his argument if some of the vintage forum folks would join this debate.

pcb

9. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    #659 GordonC, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

But THIS thread is not a debate.

If rifter wants a debate on the subject, then I think rifter should start his own friggin thread where he and the other fake watch haters can discuss away all they like. It remains, however, downright rude and ignorant to continuously pollute THIS thread with his rantings.

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i understand your position however it is certainly not w/o precedent that a debate or argument is to ensue in this type of thread. the "debate" in the vintage section regarding fakes is even more energetic.

11. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    #661 Carsonp, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    I just got my fake porsche design from watcheden.com

http://www.watcheden.com/porsche-design-worldtimer-working-chronograph-pvd-case-with-black-dial-rubber-strap-i-52526-p-1.html

IMHO it looks much BETTER in person then online! im very happy with it (so far :eek: ) this is the first watch ive owned since probably jr.high :D took about 2 weeks to get here and although responces were generally slow all worked out well.

Assuming i actualy enjoy wearing a watch daily my next one (or 2) will be "real" ones (i found a nice bulova i like for $200.00) but i wouldnt mind having a few more replicas.

I would prefer NOT having the name on it (homage style) but it wasnt an option for this one. Actually, i couldnt even find a "real" one that looks like this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the pics didnt turn out well. There are some details and textures that didnt show up.

12. 2006F430

2006F430 Karting

Dec 10, 2005
    Someone who's capable of buying 4 Ferraris a year (unless you refer to wall posters), would never waste time searching the web for $1200.00 fakes. At least not the folks I know off (i'll refrain from explaining my own financial fortitude here). The opportunity cost is far too great! The person (perhaps your idol?) you're describing below would simply spend another 9k and buy the real one. Anyway, good luck with your Replica search. De gustibus!

As for the gloves, I gave them to the gas station attendant this AM. It was 27 degrees in Greenwich, CT today.

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #663 Whisky, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    1- I can make any statement I want - I read it, you didn't, and you blast me? I guess there is NOTHING you have ever said that you cannot 'technically' back up, even though you read it somewhere?
    I can say I read something about the workings or how to fix a car problem, maybe even to help you, and what I suggest actually WORKS, but since I cannot 'back it up' then you don't bother trying my suggestion? Same deal.

2-3-4-5-6 - Do whatever you like, you will get no argument from me. You see, everyone knows the repurcussions of things, but still people do things, you take your chances. Would I ever commit murder? No. (I figure you will 'go there' next)

BTW, I don't even OWN a replica watch, but I will defend my right to buy one, and BTST the original manufacturer has every right to protect their brand name.

I gotta go, I have to see if these Picasso's and Monet's I have on my wall are real, or authentic copies, or illegal knock-offs, or whatever, gee I dunno..

Your turn.

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    But some folks care about cars, and don't care about watches.

And guess what - some folks care about watches, and care nothing about cars.

Some care for both, some care for neither.

Maybe somebody is not 'searching' for a $1200 fake, but someone else offers them one?

15. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Cool watch man, glad to hear you are happy with it. :):)

16. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    I probably do that daily. The difference is I wouldn't do it in the confines of a debate. If you are going to try and refute someone (especially in a really obnoxious and sarcastic way like you did) then yes, you should be able to back yourself up. I have no idea why you find that to be so unreasonable.

Not even remotely the same...

That's a funny statement to make since you actually DON'T have a right to buy one. Legally, ethically, or otherwise.

In other words, anarcho-capitalism; where one's right to leech is equal to one's right to try and defend themselves from said leeching. A Darwinian market free-for-all where innovation is punished and parasitism is encouraged. What a delightfully charming position to champion...

17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #667 Whisky, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    AGAIN, you are asking me to 'back up' something with something I read in a printed material in the past, I TOLD you that, but since I have no way to 'back it up', you are calling me a liar. THANK YOU.

You should also check into the rights of manufacturing vs. selling vs. ownership. When you do that, you may be amazed and how our government works.
    And NO, I'm not going to provide you with any links.

If you would like to keep stirring, feel free.

18. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
  19. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    I'm not calling you a liar necessarily, I'm just calling you a terrible debater. I can't say whether or not you're a liar because you made a statement (again, in the most sarcastic and juvenile way possible) that can't be corroborated. What am I supposed to do? Concede the point because YOU don't have any evidence for it? What kind of backwards reality do you live in?

LOL

That's funny. I suspect I know quite a bit more about how "the government works" in regard to counterfeiting, than you do.

Of course not. You wouldn't be able to find any reputable ones that support your insinuation if indeed your insinuation was that purchasing counterfeits from the websites mentioned in this thread is completely legal (it is not).

The United States allows travelers to bring back one counterfeit article per type (type meaning bag, watch, coat, etc) from another country. The caveats are that it can be no more than one per type, that it is for your sole personal use, that it is not intended for sale, and that it has to be on your immediate person or luggage during transit.

There is no such allowance for importation by postal service or other mail carrier where it is very much illegal.

This is for "goods" by the way. Other counterfeit items, such as drugs have their own laws which vary from state to state.

Countries like Italy and France routinely arrest and levy fines against individuals for buying as well as selling counterfeit goods. Switzerland and Greece are two others that have recently started to crack down on the purchasers as well as providers. In the United States, there are a number of bills pending that would increase the liability of the "knowing counterfeit consumer" to bring it more in line with the laws surrounding the purchase of stolen goods; as well it should since the difference between the two is marginal at best.

And with that I think I'm about done here. You obviously have no intention of learning anything and not a single person in the pro-parasite camp has offered anything even remotely resembling an intelligent counterpoint. So go ahead and continue to break the law (or stick up for those that do) while supporting criminal enterprise and their legion of parasites whose only contribution to the world is to suck the blood from better men. And if your watch ends up giving you lead poisoning, or if a counterfeit battery or surge protector burns down your house, or if counterfeit dog food kills your pet, or if counterfeit drugs make you sick...well, just give yourself a pat on the back because (unlike any of the watches in this thread) you earned it!

20. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    #670 355dreamer, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #671 Whisky, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    You still don't hear me, but I never expected you to.
    And I am not debating you, you are trying to debate me.
    All I made reference to was something I read in the past, and you still are not capable of understanding that maybe, just maybe, there is no link to anything.
    How on earth you ever survived before the internet is beyond me.

You probably do know more than I do, I am not debating that, either, but there are some things I do know, is that OK? Are you capable of conceding that? Didn't think so.

I never said a word about any websites, here or elsewhere, but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth, it is to be expected.

I know you will find this hard to believe, but I appreciate that. Some of it I knew, some I did not, thank you.

Again, I will repeat I was never 'debating' you, I wrote my own personal opinion, I even conceded all of your points are valid, yet you just continued to pile on.
    I'd also venture to say most 'pro-parasite' people agree with you as well, and also have their own opinions they choose to keep to themselves, they don't care to 'rock the boat', whereas I am noted for being the only one dumb enough to air my own opinion. And please DO come back with some retort about how dumb I am, anything else would be a shock.

What a sad way for you to end it, the difference between me and you is I'd never wish ill will upon anybody, especially somebody whose opinions I respect.

22. Doctor7474

Doctor7474 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2010
    Hoover Al,former Atl
    Full Name:
    Doctor
    I read through the majority of this thread and decided to by a fake Daytona from Watch Eden. I like wearing a watch but rarely do because of my work and the chance of them getting damaged but for a cheapo like these I am going to start wearing it.

It has automatic movement and the quality appears fantastic.

I got the "coffee gold" as I don't really care for gold or silver finishes.

Note: I would never claim it to be real, I've joked with a couple people so far and always let them go on for a minute until I tell them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #673 PAP 348, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice watch Doc. Glad to hear you are happy with it. :):)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. d-kauf

d-kauf Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    Can anyone with experience buying from WatchEden please give me some pointers in terms of what types of movement I should look out for

25. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Ive bought 4 from there mate. I honestly dont remember what movements I bought from there................but they have not let me down over thet last 12 months. :D:D

Find the watch you want buy it. ;);)