Mondials for sale | FerrariChat

Mondials for sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by lightning, Feb 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lightning

lightning Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2010
    Stockport
    Full Name:
    Martin Oliver
    #1 lightning, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    It's now nearly a year since I bought my Mondial t, and some that were for sale then are still for sale.
    In fact there's one Mondial t that's been on sale for nearly 3 years.

2. Jayo5

Jayo5 Karting

Jul 28, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    P C Johnson
    #2 Jayo5, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    Are you surprised by your observation? I placed an ad to sell my car in 2008 before heading overseas which drew a few offers. Taking the t with me wasn't an option. The stress of the move on our 9 year old daughter wasn't appreciated until she turned and looked back on the car (sitting in the open garage doorway) and asked, "Are we selling 'Sunshine'? (her personal name for the car), before breaking down to tears. It was at that precise moment my wife (who protested me buying the car unannounced) stated, "no honey,... we are not selling Sunshine,... now get in the taxi."

Not expecting much response from my full price FCLV bullentin ad, I didn't immediately pull the ad which drew emails for nearly a year after it was removed. Other ad services continued to contact me regarding their ability to achieve a sale. I answered questions, sent some photos and entertained some offers but none were close enough and they grew worse over time. I simply grew tired of answering inqueries altogether.

In exchange for what you can do with the money, I think a few Mondial t owners who are not compelled to sell have decided to either hold on to their cars or keep them priced at their vested (not resale) value. Others have let theirs go at the adjusted price(s).

3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    What I find compelling is the number of cabriolets vs coupes that are for sale at any given time. Yes I know that there were only 40 or so t coupes brought in to the U.S. But as far as the Quattrovalvole & 3.2's there were many more coupes sold here*

QV coupe 1983-85 1,145
    QV cabrio 1983-85 629
    3.2 coupe 1986-88 987
    3.2 cabrio 1986-88 810

Yet all the cars listed on the internet sights and in print seem to be cabriolets.

* Original Ferrari V8 by Keith Bluemel

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    The US always recieved many more cabs than coupes.
    Over the pond its the opposite.