The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferra355

ferra355 Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hey guys Good morning, good morning Orrie yeah I know I had a hard time sleeping. Anyways thought I would drop a line to the post and say LETS DO THIS!

2. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nice run Pierre! I will get a tunnel upload soon and some pics. Thanks to everyone for coming out.

3. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDODSYqa_Yk[/ame]

4. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
  5. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    #80 SillyPuppy, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    Thank you, everyone who made it out this morning. Thanks especially to Pierre, who helped me put our route together, and led us around for a good chunk of the morning! I'm sifting through my pics and videos, and will be putting them online, in my Flickr account, as soon as I can.

Thanks especially to Original Pancake House, who were really AWESOME for us - they arranged for our parking, they took great care of us during the meal, and even brought out those incredible apple pancakes for us to share, on the house. Even without considering that they had to step in for our planned brunch spot with just 24 hours' notice, they executed for us with class, and great hospitality.

All told, nine cars drove from El Dorado Hills, to Foresthill, around West Auburn, and to Roseville for brunch. 7 Ferraris, 1 Lotus Elise, 1 Aston Martin DB9.

And a quick story: When I arrived home at 1:30, I remembered that I had to go to the post office to pick up a package for the wife, and they close at 2. Thankfully, I live really close to my post office. I hopped in the M3, and pull into the post office lot, only to find a man using the drive-thru mailbox at the post office... in a red F355 coupe! I flagged him down to say, "I literally JUST put my F355 Spider back in my garage!", and talked with him for a few minutes. I honestly didn't ever expect to see another Ferrari in my neighborhood, and yet, there he was. :) He has my e-mail, and I hope he'll join us soon.

See you guys soon!
    Orrie

6. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    thanks for posting the photos !!
    I've seen a few of those roads !! and the tallest bridge in California - up in Auburn ....
    looking forward to the April drive !!

7. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No prob. I believe it is the same bridge they used to drive that corvette off the bridge in the XXX movie.

8. arcticsilver997

arcticsilver997 Karting
    Owner

Oct 27, 2007
    Northern California
    #86 arcticsilver997, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Ninpo4me

Ninpo4me Karting

Jul 5, 2009
    Auburn CA
    Full Name:
    Pierre
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUkfED0VpSE[/ame]

More to follow

10. Ninpo4me

Ninpo4me Karting

Jul 5, 2009
    Auburn CA
    Full Name:
    Pierre
    #88 Ninpo4me, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Did you guys see that? We were driving so fast, the downforce kept us planted, even when we were driving upside-down!

Great video, Pierre, and sweet pics (THIS is why I love my wife's Xoom Tablet!). Mine are posted on the Facebook page, but I'll toss them onto Flickr and post the link to the album here, sometime this weekend (read that as "in between college basketball games.") :D

Looks like April 9th will be 4 weeks from the previous drive. The weather will start getting more dependable, and more routes are opening themselves up to us.

Last year, I planned an Apple Hill route for a drive (Captain Willie was there), and it was excellent, though the route is longer, and will keep us until later in the day. I'd like us to run that route later in the year, and I can make arrangements for us at an orchard/winery, plus lunch. I'll let you know when that one'll be, as I want all drivers to know that it's gonna be a longer day...

Thanks to everyone who came out - was a GREAT time, and I can't wait till we can do it again! And don't forget to put the word out - I know that Don and Joh will be letting their British-driving companions that we'd love to have them along. And you FOG guys? Don't be strangers, either! :)

Plotting and planning until next time,
    Orrie

12. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
  13. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
  14. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    But of course, Nate! Keep April 9th open, folks... ;)

15. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Weather looking good! Let's do some driving, no tickets this time though.

16. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Yes, let's be careful out there.

Last Memorial Day weekend, Corrie decided at the last minute that we should go to L.A. for the long weekend. With no kids, she said, there's no reason we can't do stuff like that, so off we went. On Sunday morning, even though we weren't in a rush to get back, I was driving fast up the Grapevine, and I got pulled over and ticketed. I vowed that it would be the last time the CHP ever got a dime from me. It simply costs too damn much nowadays, and we're WAY too visible a target for 'em. Like any other business, which, let's face it, the CHP is these days, the best way to hurt 'em is to keep your cash out of their wallet.

On a happier note, this week's weather FINALLY looks great. It was an absolute joy to put the top down on the M3 and drive home from work today (not that cold weather stops me from doing that, but today, I didn't need the seat heater!). I hope you all got a chance to enjoy the sun, and smiled at the knowledge that the NorCal weather we've all grown so attached to, will be settling in for the long summer haul very soon.

After work, I went on a bike ride with some of the kids in my neighborhood. I passed a house where someone was barbecuing, and it gave me a fun idea for an upcoming SACRED drive - I'd like us to put together a drive to an off-site picnic. Loon Lake, for example, is so serene, and a fun drive, later in the season. We could all prepare a small cooler's worth of food, and share when we get there. Hell, I even have a small grill I could pack in the front of the car, and we could make some chicken and hot dogs!

But for now, another good drive in the low-enough-to-not-be-covered-in-snow-hills will have to do. I'm putting together another loop for us to enjoy together, and I'm gonna call on my non-Ferrari comrades to join us!

If you've got roads to share, or just need the meet-up info, shoot me a PM or e-mail!

Orrie

17. oldcoin

oldcoin Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Tony Mitchell
    Orrie,

When is the next drive? It is 83 here in Reno today with snow expected tomorrow. The following weekend looks like good weather.

Tony

18. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    We're shooting for next weekend, the 9th. I will put together a route this weekend. It'll be a standard drive and brunch thing this month.

Any interest in the "drive, ending with a picnic" thing I mentioned a few days back?

83 today and snow tomorrow?! That's gotta be confusing! It's gorgeous out there right now, and should be very nice all weekend in the Sac area. I'll very likely be out stretching Pomodoro's legs a little bit tomorrow, maybe Sunday, too. Hope you'll do the same (today, at least!).

Talk to you guys soon!
    Orrie

19. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #97 Logical1, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
    Just a quick note - Shane and I will have the 430 at Peet's at the Fountains on Sunday morning at 8:00 for a cup of Joe. Stop in and visit if you're inclined.
    Dave

20. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Whats going an at Peets? Is it a pre-organized meeting?

JM

21. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nope, nothing going on whatsoever except a good cup of coffee. Drop by if you get a chance.

22. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    AccuWeather has Mostly Sunny, 66 degrees for Saturday. Can't beat that! Shall we go driving again, ladies and gentlemen?

Working on our route tonight. I'm torn between two areas to go...

SACRED Drive #3, April 9th
    --------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy