The Official 348/355 Sale thread (non-affiliated sales or links to FerrariAds only) | Page 36 | FerrariChat

The Official 348/355 Sale thread (non-affiliated sales or links to FerrariAds only)

Discussion in '348/355' started by MarkPDX, Nov 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shibney

shibney Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    #878 shibney, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    The service records are in the mail to me from the previous owner. He said 30k had NOT been done yet, will need to be done sometime fairly soon. He just did valves, etc, sometime last year I believe.

I'm not sure what caught on fire, it obviously wasn't this car. Something on the other end of the building. I bought the car the way you see it, insurance company paid to have it cleaned and then sold it.

It was owned by another forum member who owns a automobile repair shop in SW MO. He said he charges around 4500 to do a full 30k service, about half of what ferrari charges

Be a good buy for someone wanting a black/tan car. They are hard to find. Insurance company paid out 59k, so there should be a little room :). I posted more pics in the classifieds, it's a clean car.

2. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    Is the mileage the actual documented mileage with the car?

This site shows it as insurance sell-off with 31,xxx miles listed (may be wrong)?

http://tinyurl.com/4pqj6zz

3. shibney

shibney Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes mileage is correct at 19k. The site you listed is just a spin off broker site who relists cars from insurance auto auctions. I just called Vince, he said it was Ok to let everyone know it was his old car. It was his personal car and was in his shop when the breaker box on the other end of the shop caught on fire. he owns Hills Exotics in Joplin. He's a member on here, has a good reputation.

4. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I'm not sure I understand. 355 does not have valve adjustment, does he mean the valve guides were replaced?

If that is the case it meant major disassembly of the engine bay, I can't imagine someone going to that expense only to neglect to do the maintenance items in a major service.

Hopefully when you get the paperwork all will be clear.

5. shibney

shibney Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes, valve guides. My info is a little vague right now, I'm finding out more every day and should know more when I receive the service records. I have been in contact with vince and if I feel I have a serious buyer they can email me and I will forward the number to him.

6. shibney

shibney Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    Just an update, valve guides have not been done. I thought they had been, I was in error. May be time for a service, but i can adjust the price to help someone out with that.

Thanks for the interest.

7. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So, this is a market correct price for a '95 355 b, BUT... This one has a salvage title, smoke damage, needs valve guides replaced, needs major engine out, as well as ??
    How is the interior? Sticky pieces? bolster wear? Have the headers been replaced yet? Clutch life left?
    Thanks.
    etip

8. shibney

shibney Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    #885 shibney, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    And here we go- I'm not trying to be rude but if you're going to comment at least read the post, geez I love forums. Car has a clean title. Not a salvage title, has no smoke damage. I've went over it closely and have found no evidence of damage. Car had smoke on it but has been cleaned. I've bought dozens of smoke damaged cars, they always have melted rubbers or something, this car has no signs of heat damage. It looks great, you wouldn't know If I didn't tell you. I'm not as up on these cars as some- clutch feels good, car runs great. Yes it needs a 30k service, do people typically do that at 20k? Maybe they do I don't know. As far as valve guides, isn't this typically done if they start burning oil? Again, these cars are new to me, I thought I'd keep this one and probably will if it doesn't sell. I can sell it under 40 and it's a nice car for that kind of money. Sorry rant over.

Don't take this the wrong way guys- Ive been a part of almost every other car community, Supras, Vipers, Vettes, had a couple Porsches and some newer Maserati GTs, several others. Some of you on here can really rub people the wrong way :D. But it's all good. I'm trying to be honest about this car and if it won't sell with me being upfront about what I know, then I'll keep the car.

9. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Shibney,
    I'm not trying to "rub you the wrong way", but...
    YOU said it will need a 30k service soon, you mentioned that the valve guides were done/not done, you mentioned that the insurance company bought it (you never said if it was salvage or clean title, but since the ins company bought it that implies that it IS a salvage title), you mentioned that there was smoke damage that was cleaned up...

10. shibney

shibney Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    Ok I'll admit I was a little defensive, sorry for that. I have it listed on the Ferrari ads and it says clean title on there, I was mistaken. Car had soot on it, but insurance company had it cleaned, I don't know of any damage. Slick as can be, all the rubbers look good. Runs great.

Thanks

11. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Thinking of selling my white 95 GTS. Serious parties can feel free to send me a pm.

12. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    Hi Everyone,

the past year has been mixed year in my world... Layoffs at my DC area company forced me to find another job and I did, but it is in Boston and I live in DC. I'm working in Boston 5 days a week, commuting home on weekends, trying to move my family of 5 kids + wife to Boston. My life is hell right now. The ferrari is not going to survive the move and I need to get rid of it since I don't have space for it in my new house. So as I've mentioned before I'm selling it. Ferrari ad is here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=6446

There has been some interest, but mostly tire kickers, window shoppers etc. Things are entirely too hectic at the moment to deal with selling this car. It turns out my daily Driver lease is up and in the process of replacing it, I got a quote from the dealer for a trade in for the 348. They are offering me $32,000. They want to sell me the new car, so they are incented to take the 348.

So here is the deal: On tuesday April 5th, I'll be trading in the 348 to take possession of my new daily driver (bmw 135i DCT transmission, should be a fun car!). It sucks to see a car that I poured so much love (and money) into end up with a wholesaler for such a low price, but frankly I need to move on and need a quick and easy transaction. So I will accept any offer greater than or equal to $32K for the car with the following conditions:

1- Car needs to be picked up in DC either this weekend March 26-27th or next weekend April 2nd-3rd. If you want it shipped, you'll have to find a shipper that can come pick it up on weekends while I'm around.

2- Since I am not around during the week, I can't agree to getting a PPI done. The car has been faithfully maintained at competizione in gaithesburg. I am willing to facilitate contact with competizione so you can verify the service history and I can send scans of all the service records to you in advance.

3- If your offer is $33,500 or above, I will throw in an original Ferrari 348 foldable targa soft top. These things are incredibly rare and have sold for $2k-4K on ebay

4- I own the DC title free and clear and can sign it over to you. I'll want a cashier's check or money order in hand on pickup.

This seems like an incredible deal for an enthusiast. I hope someone bites :)

Thanks for reading,

-Eric

13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eric - I wish you all the best. You're right, the situation sucks right now with respect to your having to commute, and the situation with your 348.

Somebody is going to get a very well taken care of 348 at a very good price.

14. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good luck to both of you. Man do I wish that I was in the position to get a car!!!

15. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    $32k is not a bad price considering the year, mileage and needing a major. I would be surprised if you got anymore than that .

I would take it and run with the memories ...

16. DWPC

DWPC Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2011
    Sedona AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Good luck. Looks like a real beauty. I'm actually shopping for a 308/328 but I'd probably have a bank transfer headed your way but for the risk involved with passing CA smog and cross-country shipping costs for an out-of-state car.

Dennis

17. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    His car doesnt need a major, and it has been kept by one of the top shops in the country.

It's a steal!

18. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    thanks Luke :). The car next needs a major in Winter 2012 going on a 5 year cycle which is I believe the consensus of interval between majors for 348 although there is much debate on that.

19. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey

This is true BUT most potential buyer will consider it needing a major especially since the majority believes the 3y/15k rule.

20. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey

It ain't a steal its the going price unfortunately

21. mlambert890

mlambert890 Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2002
    CA
    #898 mlambert890, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    Seems pretty unlikely thats the going price if the dealer is willing to give 32k. Last I checked, dealers dont get screwed, they do the screwing. And the economy is hitting dealers just as bad as it is hitting everyone (maybe worse)

Sure they need to move new cars, but the 135 is easy to move on lease to zillions of people in DC. I have a friend in the DC area that literally just bought two of those cash for his kids.

The dealer will have to dump the 348 on the wholesaler and will push it straight through for what they can get likely as a service to the new buyer. Im sure thats the extent of what they're willing to do.

So that means that the wholesaler is giving 32k. If a *wholesaler* is giving 32k, I dont see how thats the going price. Unless you're saying you think the 32k from the wholesaler is either an anomaly or something else.

22. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    that ferrari rule is merda di vacca

23. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    #900 TRScotty, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thinking of wading back into the market to sell my beloved 355 F1 Berlinetta.

Any takers??
    I need to move quick to get the next in line.

PM for details, you'll be glad you did...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login