CV duct | FerrariChat

CV duct

Discussion in '308/328' started by lostbowl, Apr 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Are there any racers out there that would sell me 20" of 2 1/2" brake duct? All I can find on the net are 5ft pieces and I don't beleive I would ever use it up. My racing days ended back in the 80s. I don't mind if it is orange as I am more concerned with function. The only leaking issues I have are on the right side so I must accept that the duct is needed.
    regards, Lost
    PS Yes I am too cheap to waste 3ft!

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    This is now many moons ago, but, if the size you need is ~60mm ID (IIRC), the heater ducting hose from an air-cooled VW bug (the flexible aluminized corrigated cardboard tubing) fit very nicely on my ex-308 (even the length was perfect), looked stock, and held up well -- maybe an alternative...

3. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thankx Steve, What you describe sounds even closer to the original. I'll check with our local parts guy and see if he can order it. 60mm is close to 2 3/8 and the tube in question is closer to 2 1/2" but it did keep coming loose so I'm thinking you are right on, thanks. Tom

4. bwassam

bwassam Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    North Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Robert Wassam
    Go to Spruce Aircraft and order 3 feet.

5. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks, I'll give them a try. Lost

6. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #6 lostbowl, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
    Thanks to Steve I found the 60mm tube at "The Bug Stop" somewhere in CA. for $4.95 plus shipping. I'm hoping it is close enough to satisfy me. Lost