THE FERRARI LEGEND 250 GT COMPETITION BY JESS G POURRET | FerrariChat

THE FERRARI LEGEND 250 GT COMPETITION BY JESS G POURRET

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by alvestia, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alvestia

alvestia Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Lisboa
    Full Name:
    Tiago Carvalho Alves
    Hi Ferrari chatters,
    I'm planning to buy Jess G. Pourret's book "The Ferrari 250 GT Competition" released in 1977. As this book is not anymore available at normal bookshoops, I have to buy it at internet.

My question is this: why there are so many diferent prices for the same book? Are diferent editions? How much is a fairy price to pay?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks a LOT!!!!

2. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    You can try T E Warth or Albaco for the going dealer price and then compare with Amazon. Prices will vary depending on the condition, parrticularly the dust cover, of the book.If you are getting the book just for info and pleasure go for the lowest price. If a collecter copy is required then you need to pay top $ and even more for an autographed copy by the auther.As far as I know only one addition but possibly additional printings after the original. Other possibilities are to go to "search.ebay.com/ferrari",the books and literature site on Ebay motors, the web site for the auther or Google "Ferrari Yearbooks."These can be time consuming but yeald real results from time to time. I know. I use these sites daily for several hours. just one man's opinion tongascrew

3. alvestia

alvestia Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Lisboa
    Full Name:
    Tiago Carvalho Alves
    Tongascrew,
    thanks so much for your help. I'll search for the lowest price as this will be a piece of work for me as I'm a classic car journalist.
    I'm gonna mail Warth and Albaco....as soon I get nwes, I'll tell you.

Thanks again

4. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Haynes republished this book in 1987, so you might be able to get a copy of that edition for a lower price than the first 1977 edition.

I would say that around $150 seems to be the normal asking price for the first edition.

Cheers
    Matt

5. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi again, try ABE Books also. They have a large inventory. just one man's opinion tongascrew

6. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    All the sources I mentioned have web sites with their complete offerings. regards tongascrew

7. TomTerry

TomTerry Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    Jess is still around, saw him 2 years ago. Perhaps ask him directly

8. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I have a couple in Jacques Vaucher's current auction; different editions. At least one of them is signed by Jess to me. Auction ends 6-22-11.

9. source

source Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    $100 million USD for that sort of price :D

10. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    H,i Go to Amazon books "ferrari cars". Also try A B E Books and T E Warth and you can Google Pourret and sellers will list there. just one man's opinion tongascrew

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Shhhhh, be verwy quiet we are hunting wabbits......

12. Steve Ahlgrim

Steve Ahlgrim Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Steve Ahlgrim
  13. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I always appreciated the fact on FChat, that noone laughed at non-native speakers when occasional language errors occured.

Best Regards from Germany

Martin