Right dress shoes to wear with jeans? | FerrariChat

Right dress shoes to wear with jeans?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by HMS, May 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Night clubs are getting pickier with shoes. I like to wear my Chuck Taylors with my jeans but need something a little more dressy. Any suggestions??

2. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #2 toggie, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm curious what people say about this also.

I typically go with somewhat casual brown suede shoes with jeans.
    Not sure if that would be "dressy enough" to get into a club.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #3 El Wayne, May 13, 2011
    For something nice, yet still comfortable and casual, try a loafer - like any of these: http://shop.brunomagli.com/loafers.htm

I have a pair of these that go well with jeans: http://shop.brunomagli.com/bruno-magli-gerund/410648/873802

Of course, you don't have to spend all of the money for Magli's. There are plenty of more reasonably-priced loafers out there that look equally nice.

http://www.zappos.com/mens-loafers~3t

(For clarification, I'm in my early 40s and dress somewhat conservatively. If you're considerably younger or just more stylish, then by all means, ignore my fuddy-duddy suggestions!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    If your shoe size is less than 13, I highly recommend a nice suede driver. Ferregamo makes a great shoe in a variety of colors. Tods as well. Looks great with jeans and shorts.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    stop going to clubs? :p

I agree with the suede shoe thing. classier than Chuck Taylors but still not overly formal.

6. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    i like mephisto

7. dream34

dream34 Karting

May 31, 2005
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm a big fan of both Tod's drivers or Desert/Chukka boots for this type of dilemma. While the Tod's are a bit more expensive than Chucks, Clarks Desert boots run in the$100 range.

8. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #8 koisokok, May 14, 2011
  9. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #9 BAKY, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
    Can't beat chucks and a tshirt! Add in a nice car and nice watch and you look cooler than the guys that dress up and can get in most any club. If they have a strict dress code don't forget your swagger....you'll need that as you stroll past the doorman like you own the place.

10. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
  11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Lots of Prada, Ferragamo and Tods to pick from, Geox if you want the look without blowing as much dough.

12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've worn my Chuck Taylors to church before so I might not be the best person to ask. But for something on the dressier side I usually go with a medium brown leather slip on dress shoe.

13. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  14. s2kev

s2kev Rookie

Mar 9, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I usually wear Tods loafers and haven't really had any problems at any clubs here in LA or Vegas. They're really comfortable and pretty durable. The only thing is that they absolutely suck for offering any sort of protection when a girl wearing pointy high heels steps on your toes haha, but at least you could use that situation as a potential opener for talking to her ;)

15. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    I second suede drivers. But you're frequenting nightclubs, might want to get something that wipes clean in case of vomit and drink spillage.

16. fish78

fish78 F1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2004
    Georgia
    OK, let me get this straight...nightclubs have people who inspect the shoes of patrons? The first time some over-muscled, under-brained boob tried that with me, his front teeth would just be a memory. My defense would be: "I was just giving him a closer look at my shoes". You do realize that any club with that kind of policy will be patronized by folks you wouldn't want as friends...complete affectation...don't fall for it... The only thing I could tell you is to find a vastly different "club" for your inbibing needs.

17. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I remember one time in the early 90's a buddy of mine and I went to a club in Baltimore. We were both way into new sneakers at the time and I had the new Bo Jacksons and I think he had new Jordons. The bouncer told us we couldn't come in because their dress code said no sneakers. I remember laughing and telling him that our sneakers cost more than most of the dress shoes in the club. I guess he realized what a tool he was being because he let us in... What a stupid code.

Just go to Macy's and buy some shoes off the sale rack.

18. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    It still find it funny that jeans could be considered dressy.

19. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Almost as funny as a bunch of men that know what brand their shoes are without having to get up and look.

20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Not that I go to clubs any more... I was at Tao in vegas last year.. I think I could stand it for 30 min max. the combination of the tables with all the vodka, etc.. and the crazy women prostitutes... what a mess...

as for shoes with jeans.. Suede Gucci loafers with the lug sole. I have them in Black, Brown and tan... stay away from tan, they look great, but get dirty ASAP!