Scud Prices | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scud Prices

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, May 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UH-Matt

UH-Matt Karting

Mar 31, 2011
    I'd rather have both thanks.

Lamborghini managed to make a lightweight (Superleggara) and still make the interior look like a million dollars.

It would add almost no weight at all to cover up those terrible welds with some alcantara.

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I hate the interior of the Superleggera. The interior is 1 reason I could neve buy one.

3. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    IMO the terrible welds are all part of the CS experience!!! It makes you feel like you're in a real racecar and you don't care about the design flaws!

The G-SL has a very luxurious interior, but it's supposed to be a streetlegal race version of the regular Gallardo....IMO it should be even more lightweight :)

4. SamM_02_575M

SamM_02_575M Karting

Mar 1, 2010
    CO
    Full Name:
    Sam M.
    +1
    It would be nice to have the CS next to the Scud in one Garage!!....

G-SL is a fine automobile; I’d compare it more w/ civilized supercars like 458, SLS, R8/G-TR……..

Scud/CS like machines are not meant to compare options; actually the sound system (not sure why it was there) on my scud is being ripped out and replaced with none; and I gain 3.9 pounds.

The only thing I wish in the Scud if it was as light as the CS; then it would be the ultimate beast.

5. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    I have read several times on FChat that the Scud could be specified from the factory to be lighter that a CS - I think Trev360 has made reference to this fact several times and as we all know he is the expert on CS and weight.

6. koukir32

koukir32 Karting

Dec 23, 2010
    LOL just took the words out of my mouth.....LOL cheers mate

7. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There was an option to extend the Alcantara over those welds. They do look pretty crud you are right.

8. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #33 rocketman, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
    Mine happens to be covered with Alcantara but that did not make a difference to me.

I happen to think the Ferrrari interior runs rings around a Lambo interior just as it runs rings around it in the total driving experience.

I will stick with the real thing....good luck with the wannabe !

PS....Those that can't appreciate the authentic look of the exposed steel floor, welds, and true race car characteristics most likely can't appreciate an antique piece of furniture, an heirloom estate piece of jewelry or a beautiful turn of the century home either.

Too bad...you don't know what you're missing.

9. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  10. SamM_02_575M

SamM_02_575M Karting

Mar 1, 2010
    CO
    Full Name:
    Sam M.

Amen!!!!

11. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    Sam,
    how would u rate the SLS? knowing it's a completely different car to even compare with Scud, but at the price point if one's looking for a ultimate cruiser with class then i don't think it could go wrong.

i'm considering both, for different purpose of course. i would like to hear a real owner's experience with it. i love the SLS very much for its timeless classic design. imo the styling will just never get old like the Z8.